Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay! ^_^

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Blind Mew and many of those kidnapped, particularly venders worried about their untended stores on a pirate filled island, decided to repair the wharf rat ship and use it to sail back to Skull Island. Donna, her new friend Dino, and some of the other victims were ready to get some payback from the Aztecosaurs. They joined the rescue party on Scarlet's ship, and set sail for the Gold Mine.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
"I can't beleive Uncle Tim got wrapped up in this. He always looked out for other pirates, and they respected him for it. Where did these aztecosaurs come from?" Donna said to no one in particular. She was pacing the deck of the Jolly Roger, occasionally throwing a knife at an empty barrel near the mainmast. remembering her sister had said something about an aztecosaur in the brig, she headed below decks, bringing her throwing knife.
"So," she said. approaching the cell. She recognized the prisoner. "What have you been up to, Ek Chan?Nothing to do with the watermoles this time, I hope, for your sake. I might let Nanu run you through this time. Or perhaps I should do it myself?" In a single sudden movement, her knife went from her belt, to firmly wedged in the wood of the wall next to the cell.
Ek Chan merely smirked. "You know you can't do that. Or you'd never find out about just what happened to your brother." He knew she couldn't touch him now, and walked up to the bars. Despite the fact she still glared at him, she could sense the tears and anger behind her stare.
"You're wrong." she said simply, retrived her weapon, and walked quikly away.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
Back at the volcano, the ice had stopped errupting. The iceflames served their purpose well, Thought one of Ek Chan's associates. Now that the prisoner's purpose was fufilled, he did not care what happened to them. he was almost happy they had escaped. They would be so fun to crush underfoot after the grand plan was completed. but now was not the time to think of that. The ancient aztecosaur was one of the oldest. In life, he had been a king. A king and a powerful sorcerer. He stood in the icy room where the prisoners had been held and began to chant. The runes of dark power glowed a deep purple. a twirling wind picked up around him. But he was the eye of the storm, the calm surrounded by the most powerful winds. He spoke louder over the roaring wind, raising his arms. his hands began to glow, and he pointed them down at the ice, pushing it down, down, down, to the heart of the volcano. This will be the most glorius day of the Aztecosaurs. The day we turn back the clock, and reclaim what is ours!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Scarlet docked her ship at the Gold Mine docks and the pirates headed into the jungle seeking the Scaly Grotto. Calamity was keeping a close eye on her sister Donna, who'd seemed upset after questioning the prisoner. She'd even asked her some questions to make sure Donna had not been replaced again by the Aztecosaur. It was her sister, but Donna wouldn't say what was on her mind.
The Scaly Grotto wasn't as hard to find as they'd expected. Some mesmerized monkeys just pointed the way when they asked.
Inside the grotto, the walls were covered with strange glowing green marks. An Aztecosaur in feathered robes was bent over a cauldron chanting loudly. He tossed in an ingredient, his chant reaching a climactic shriek, and a fireball and smoke exploded out to the cauldron, knocking the Aztecosaur to the wall, and the pirates to their knees. The green marks on the walls blazed brightly with a pulsing light. Donna was the first on her feet, running to the Aztecosaur and putting her spark shooter to his jaw, "What did you do?", she gritted through her teeth at him. He looked up at her. "We are the Ek Chan, and we have triumphed!" He began to laugh maniacally.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Dino ran over to a wall, beginning to gesture with his staff and chant something in an attempt to dispel the runes. The runes flashed a brighter green again, blowing Dino down to the floor, his staff skittering away. As he stood up, he walked over to where the Aztecosaur and Donna were. "Donna." he said, motioning to step away from the Aztecosaur "I might be able to get something out of this one to dispel this magic."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity climbed back to her feet. Donna and Dino seemed to have the aztecosaur well in hand. Dino was beginning some kind of witchdoctor spell, and Donna kept her sparkshooter on the prisoner. The creepy laughing was disturbing, as the prisoner continued gloating to himself.
"Soyala, it feels like we've been behind them every step of the way. I don't know much about your magic, but do you have anything that might help us here? We don't even know what the aztecosaurs are trying to do."
Soyala took a moment to think, then replied, "Perhaps." She removed what looked like a small crystal, or perhaps a chunk of ice, since it was covered in frost, from a hidden pocket in her dress. She breathed a small frozen cloud onto the crystal and made several passes with her hand over it. Inside the crystal, images of the cave appeared. Calamity could see their group on the ground, then the fireball drawn back into the cauldron, all of them standing, and walking backward out of the cave. The images played events backwards more quickly, the Aztecosaur casting his spell in reverse, then ingredients flying out of the cauldron to his hand, and into a bag. She watched the scene of aztecosaurs moving backward in a blur for what looked like several days or a week's time. When they could see a large group gathered in the cave, with one at the front in a fancy headdress gesturing and addressing the others excitedly, Soyala made another pass with her hand, and sprinkled snowflakes on the crystal. The scene began to play forwards, and this time, they could hear sounds from the scene. Scarlet noticed and came closer to watch too.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Scene in the ice crystal:
The cave full of Aztecosaurs stopped muttering to themselves as the leader in the ceremonial headdress entered. When they were silent he addressed them.
"My brothers of the Ek Chan, long have we waited. We saw our fate approaching eons ago. We knew Xibalba or the dark shadow would be our fate. Did we accept it?"
The crowd yelled, "No!"
"Did we bow to the shadow?" --"No." "Did we bow to the kings of Azteca?" "No."
"The called us crazy. They called us evil. But they are dust and we are still here. We could only preserve ourselves in this half life state and with only a shadow of our full power then, but now our plans have come to fruition! The full power of the volcano awaits only the completion of our death and life magic to bring us back to full life and complete power! It's fire will be drawn to be our fire of life! These petty empires will bow down to us as supreme. We will crush these small beings like ants and rule with fear, as we should have so long ago! I go now to the hidden lava tunnel at the volcano to begin work on the final spells. Begin gathering water moles, rats and pirates, we will need slaves to complete the spell secretly and they will serve us when we rise. The brotherhood of the Ek Chan will LIVE!"

Soyala waved a hand over the crystal to blank it, and stowed it in her pocket. They looked at each other with wide eyes. With a whistle, Calamity said, "Well, now we know what they are doing. Not good, so not good."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
While Soyala, Scarlet and Calamity were watching the replay of events in the cave, Dino searched the Aztecosaur for magic ingredients and scrolls, making sure he wasn't hiding anything. Donna kept the creature under close guard. He found a few more cryptic scrolls and a talisman on the Aztecosaur.

Calamity liked working with the witchdoctors she knew, but these plotters seemed to be getting uncomfortably close to major wizardry. She felt out of her depth with all this magic flying around. She found herself strangely longing for a simple job like bumbleoon hunting, not all this confusing magic and evil twisted plots.

When Dino finished casting his spells, the green marks on the walls flared up and fire crept across them, erasing them as if they had never been made. Donna said, "COOL." Soyala quietly informed Dino of what they had seen in her scrying crystal. Calamity was happy to leave her to confer with Dino on how to stop the Ek Chan cabal's major spell. When they were finished discussing it, Calamity asked, "Do you know how to stop the rise of Ek Chan? Do we sail for the volcano or head to Skull Island to seek Madam Vadima's help?"

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Soyala told them time might be short to stop the Ek Chan. Dino agreed they couldn't spare time to go to Skull Island and see Madam Vadima. Calamity just wished he sounded more confident when he said he knew what had to be done. She wasn't sure if he wasn't sure of the solution, or if he was sure what needed doing, but didn't like it or even dreaded it. At Scarlet's command, they double timed it back to her ship and set sail. Donna brought up the rear, sparkshooter centered on their new prisoner the entire time until he was was in the brig.
"Um, Dino, maybe we shouldn't leave these magic users awake to talk to each other while we sail. Could they cast spells without their amulets and powders?" Donna asked her friend.
"That is a real possibility," he agreed. He cast a sleep spell on the prisoners. "They will stay asleep until I cast a counter spell on them. They will stay out of action." Feeling more at ease about the prisoners, they headed up to the main deck.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
"When we get to the volcano, be ready. They might have guards. If worst comes to worst, I can teleport you 2 out of there. But the spell has a maximum of 2 people per teleport, and it takes a lot of energy to cast without preparation of a few hard to come by ingredients." Dion stated solemnly. I just hope it won't be needed... he thought, staring as the volcano came into view, dark and foreboding.

OOC: Sorry for short post, I'm posting from a mobile. I just hope we can get this roleplay up again.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity heard Dino and said, "If it comes to that and you have to port someone, make it one of the others. I'll try to hide or dodge whatever it is, if I have to. Donna's sparkshooters might be more use to you from wherever you port to anyway, with her range and accuracy. Maybe I can blind and distract their spell castings with a face full of poison gas. Anything else we can do that will help disrupt the big spell? Or just watch Soyala's and your back and help you get in close?"

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
"I will need to get close to their main focusing point for the spell, and it will take some time to dispel it. I will be unable to fight whilst doing so, as dispelling a spell of this size and power takes an enormous amount of effort. Soyala, you wouldn't happen to know anything about this would you? More people trying to dispel it will make it easier." Dino said, beckoning them all down into the deck, to the planning room. Once they were there, he continued. "And they will almost certainly have witchdoctors attempting to counteract my spells. Judging by the things Soyala's crystal revealed, they are willing to sacrifice a lot for this."

He then stops, obviously meaning for someone else to add something on.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
"I and I will help you clean away bad mojo," Old Scratch chimed in. He was echoed by a variety of other witchdoctor creatures, troggie, watermole, and even the old crab nodded, though he didn't say anything.
Nurse Quinn somewhat timidly said, "Sugar, I might not be the world's strongest witchdoctor, but I have a little power and know a thing or two. I can channel some energy to you, and keep you on your feet casting that spell of yours." With a fierce grin she added, "And if they get too close, I'll slug them with my purse."
Calamity said, "I can help you get close. I have something I can use on all of you. I can't say where I got it and won't say there might not have been wizards involved in making it, but it will work. They won't be able to see you. Just try to stay quiet, as you can as long as you can, and don't brush too close to them if you can help it. Once it is gone, it's blade and sparkshooter time. The rest of us will try to keep them off your backs then. Any of you know what this kind of focus might look like? Big? Small? Person? Item? Just an air of incredible evil? Would just smashing it be a good thing? Or one of those very bad things to do?"

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
All the witchdoctors turned to look at Calamity. Now that felt uncomfortable, all that spooky attention focused just on her. Scratch said to her, "Captain, my Captain, best you be letting us handle de tings we know best." Even though he was a good crewman (... crew body ... crew corpse?), when he rolled his eye like that and laid on the extra spooky voice, he could still give her the creeps.
"Um, right, I assume smashing would be one of those very bad things. I'll just let you handle the spooky side of things."
"Land ho!" Gracie called from the crow's nest.
"Battlestations! Prepare for boarding!" yelled Scarlet as she steered them to the volcano's docks. Swaying chanting glaze-eyed watermoles lined the dock accompanied by a few Aztecosaurs further back on the shore.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
Calamity, Donna, Dino, and several other witchdoctors stood close together at the back of the deck while the other pirates rushed to load cannons and ready boarding ladders and planks. Calamity turned away, readying whatever charm would hide them all. Donna handed Dino a small knife with a skull engraved upon it . "I'll want this back," she said, "It was a gift from a friend, and I know it has some magic in it." Before Dino could respond, a lighting bolt cracked just over their heads. Calamity's charm was ready. Heavy black smoke engulfed them for a moment, but dissipated quickly. They were now invisible.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
OOC: As you have probably realised, I have dropped out of this roleplay. I've found that I'm too busy to properly take part in more than two roleplays. I was simply getting them confused and forgetting what I was going to write in each one. That said, Calamity, please continue to take on the role of Red Scarlet in this roleplay, you've done well so far, but please don't be afraid to make her voice her opinions. If you feel that you cannot get her accent, don't worry, my writing her accent is a rather recent addition anyways.

I will continue to read this post, and may at some less busy point in the future, rejoin. Until then, take care of Red Scarlet, and please remember, Scarlet's greatest weapon is her mind.

Adieu,

C. de Winter
(Red Scarlet Kidd).

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The strike team with the witchdoctors slipped into a dingy on the skyway side of the ship, and slipped away, unseen in the cannon smoke and hide spell. They could hear Scarlet calling out orders and battlecries over the sounds of the battle. "Allons-y!" They could hear boots of the pirates thud onto the dock, keeping the water moles engaged in the fight and the Aztecosaur distracted.
The dingy slipped around a bluff and they all piled out, bypassing the fight and climbing up the side of the volcano through the rainforest, using ropes to get past the icy patches. Dino used a small charm as a dowsing device, following the powerful magic of the Aztecosaur spell. Donna and Calamity helped any of the witchdoctors that had trouble with the climbing.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Dino led them into a hidden lava tunnel and created a small magical light to show the way. It felt even colder here, and they could see their breath, all except Scratch anyway. They reached the end of the tunnel only to find that it dead ended. Dino and the other witchdoctors examined the wall carefully. "Captain, dere be someting here." Dino looked to where Scratch was pointing. It was a subtle magic, invisible to the non magic user, a puzzle or code to break too. "I see it." Dino said. "There is a round symbol, and a sun symbol. Next there is a kind of ... dial ... then a square, a dot and 2 more squares." Dino touched the dial, spun it, a 5 appeared in the first box, and a spark zapped his hand. "First number isn't 5." He and the other witchdoctors took turns spinning the dial and trying to solve the puzzle, with frequent zapped fingers.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
After much trying, they discovered a number which didn't zap them. The first number seemed to be 3. After they discovered the number, Donna asked, "Does anyone else smell pie?" As a watermole shamen took another turn at the coded spell, Donna was thinking very hard about what she'd heard. Again, when the 3 was entered she smelled pie. The watermole got a loud zap when he entered a 7 next, and the smell of pie faded. Donna yelled, "I've got it! Enter 314! Three point one four! The beginning of pi! They used Pi Day as their code!" Dino entered the number without being zapped. The smell of pie grew until a pie on a stone dais appeared. The dais was covered with Aquilan letters. Donna pushed the one marked pi, and took the pie. A door opened in the end of the tunnel.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Donna offered the others some of the pie. Old Scratch told her, "I and I have no need of pie." The water mole shaman asked, "Is it pineapple?"
Donna sniffed it and said, "No I think it's yum pie." The water mole politely refused. Munching quietly, they entered the new tunnel. The walls had more of the glowing green symbols. When Scratch and the water mole tried to enter, they were zapped again and a glowing green curtain of light filled the door. The crab hermit tried tapping it with his stick and passed through the light easily.
Calamity said. "Looks like refusing pie is not an option." Donna handed a couple of small pieces of pie through the door. The water mole ate his piece with distaste and entered the door. Old Scratch held his piece between his teeth and also was able to enter. He then slipped it into a pouch.
With a blinking wink of his eye said, "I and I like this strong mojo pie."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The approached a widening in the tunnel. "This might be it." Calamity said. She checked to make sure their concealment charm was in effect, refreshing it with a sprinkle of sooty powder. The tunnel widened into a cavern lit by torches and the eerie marks on the walls. There were mystical glowing statue ... thingys, scattered around the room, with clusters of Aztecosaur shaman around them. The statue things had red beams drawing energy out of the volcano. Dino told them they had to neutralize the statues. "Why are there always 3 on this kind of mission, and always scattered as far apart as possible and hard to get to? Just once I'd like to find one right by the door, trigger it and duck out." Calamity complained with a wink.
DIno explained that the statues were not the main focus, so it was ok to just break them. "When they are all broken, I'll be able to tell where the main focus of the spell is. Those statues just amplify the main spell."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Donna stuck by Dino, and they headed towards the center of the room, prepared to head in any direction once the main Focus was revealed. Calamity began sneaking to the statue by the North wall. The others fanned out and headed to the others. Calamity was almost there and had carefully manuevered her way through the chanting aztecosaurs, when Old Scratch, across the room, tripped over a mummified Quetzel. His bones made a huge clatter. For a moment , there was silence, as all the aztecosaurs turned to look at him. Calamity hurriedly tipped over the North statue and began a whirlwind attack on the shamans near her, taking advantage of their moment of distraction. The fight was on! As the aztecosaurs focused on Calamity and Scratch, the others ran to the other statues.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
A water mole managed to tip over the South statue and started throwing spells at the enemy. A gypsy Calamity didn't know tipped over the last statue. A large fish also seemed to be attacking the Aztecosaurs at random. It was chaos as the dinosaurs regrouped and counterattacked. Meanwhile, the magic glow was gone from the statues, and a small complicated object began to glow behind a screen of feathered shields. Dino spotted it grabbed Dona's arm and cast a spell, stepping through a magical door dragging her with him, exiting next to the object. All the Aztecosaurs shrieked, and ran towards him and Donna, abandoning those they had been fighting. The only member of the crew anywhere close to Dino and Donna was Nurse Quinn. She squawked in terror, but ran to them, batting with her medicine bag as she went. With Donna on one side and Quinn on the other, DIno picked up the small complex cube. Donna was shooting fast as she could and Quinn opened a channel of magical energy for Dino to draw on, and braced herself for the Aztecosaur attacking with a magic sword.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
As Quinn and Donna struggled to keep the enemy away from Dino, he struggled to unravel the spell of the magical cube. The others were attacking the enemy from behind, but had their hands full when a couple of the shaman summoned a bunch of flying mummified quetzels. He drew on Quinn's magic boosting his power to see deeper into the mechanism of the cube. Intricate wooden slides and pivots were wrapped with tangles of spells. He thought he almost had the solution and began to push the slides, when Calamity shouted, "Look out!" One of the flying quetzels had slipped through the fighters and was headed straight towards him. Donna tried to get a shot at it, but her gun was knocked aside by an aztecosaur with and obsidian sword. He looked into the undead eyes of the quetzel and knew he could not grab his wand in time or let the cube go during the unraveling of spells..., his eyes opened wide in shock as, from a crevice in the roof, Scarlet rappelled down and struck the flying serpent!
"Bon chance! We took the long way and arrive in ze nick of time." Other pirates were sliding down the rope from the ceiling. They were all small or slim. Scarlet was the largest one able to enter through that route. Dino found himself surrounded by a protective ring of Monquistans, batacuda, and skarakeets. One of the monkey's tossed Donna fresh charges for her sparkshooters, which she took in relief. Quinn was glad to let them take over the defense, and began putting her medical bag to it's intended use, healing their fighters.
Dino, now undistracted, was able to turn all his attention to the cube.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
OOC: Sorry about not posting Calamity

Dino worked on the cube with renewed effort, as the battle raged on around him. When he got to the final mechanism, sliding it and yelling, "Got it!" A spell from the cube rang out as it was canceled, sending out a huge magical shock wave, and firing Dino and any others right next to the cube to the wall. The cave then began shaking and collapsing. Din coughed and yelled, "GO!" His staff glowed white for an instant, and Calamity and Donna were teleported out. He then repeated himself, and ran with the others, out through the mouth of the cave as it collapsed behind them, trapping the remaining aztecosaurs underneath.

"Phew," Dino said, wiping his brow, "That's enough adventure for one day if you ask me. But oh a tale this will be with the other witchdoctors back at Skull Island!"

As they sailed away back towards Skull Island, something back at the cave stirred. A lone purple claw, dusty and injured, scrabbles out of the rubble of the cave, pulling a small aztecosaur out, a fury burning in it's eyes, thirsting for revenge.

OOC: So, anyone else OK with a cliffhanger ending?