Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay! ^_^

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
"I think she said just one Aztecasaur, Lizzy," Charlotte murmured practically, as she helped the Skull Island street urchin get to her feet, eyeing the lass to make sure she was unhurt. "Pity about the cake, though." Still, she was glad to see that now Elizabeth looked lively and alert instead of morose and withdrawn.

"Though it is odd that one should be above ground, in daylight. I thought the Aztecasaurs were limited to their tombs. Shall we go see what the problem is?" Charlotte finished calmly.
"Uh... Hehehe..." Lizzy blushed to the roots of her hair. "I just remember having a really difficult time with those dudes. They're no fun." She put away her weapons and nodded to Charlotte. "Yes, let's go see what this racket was about."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
"'Shall we go see what the problem is?' Charlotte finished calmly."
"Yes, let's do that," Calamity said as she leapt gracefully to her feet and pulled out a high quality Aquilan blade and pistol. "I owe it for clubbing me through the door." She tossed some gold on the bar, "For the cake, sorry about that."

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
"It's probably nothing, perhaps the Aztecosaur only wants some hot chocolate. It can be really hard to understand them somtimes." Scarlet commented with a smirk. "But knowing this group, we probably should head outside and see what is happening."

Scarlet drained the last of her hot chocolate in one mouth-full, wiped her face and began walking towards the tavern door.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Calamity Finch on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
"'Shall we go see what the problem is?' Charlotte finished calmly."
"Yes, let's do that," Calamity said as she leapt gracefully to her feet and pulled out a high quality Aquilan blade and pistol. "I owe it for clubbing me through the door." She tossed some gold on the bar, "For the cake, sorry about that."
"Nah, it's fine sugah." Emma stated, using an endearing term of hers. "I can always bake more later..." The blonde got to her feet and dusted flour off her outfit. "I'll join ya in a moment, let me get a clothing changes first!"

She disappeared into the bazaar for a moment, and in five minutes returned wearing a basic black aviator jacket with wool on the inside, with a violet scarf, black pants and violet boots with woolen insides. She smiled sheepishly as she threw on the mantle Charlotte had given her. "It'll do for now."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
As the group headed out the door, screams of horror rose from the docks area. Calamity faded into the shadows of the buildings, and crept down the hill to take a look. There was nothing, no one by the gate or in the pool. Eerily quiet for this time of day in fact. She looked over by Avery's dock. Blind Mew was gone! With utmost caution, she crept to the dock stairs, heard the tread of heavy feet and saw an Aztecasaur tail slide past the landing. Moving quickly, she ran to tell the others.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity noticed the furniture salesman was not in his usual spot, and had a very bad feeling as she approached the others standing by the empty yumanade stand, yum fruit and cups scattered around them on the ground. "Mew's gone. So is that Kroc wizard and everyone else who was there a few minutes ago. The aztecasaur went down to the docks. Have you checked the Shops?"
Emma confirmed that the Bazaar was still occupied, but some of the other shopkeepers were missing. Calamity whispered to Charlotte, "That guy I almost nailed with the cake, did he cast a spell or did he just vanish?"

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
Calamity Finch on Sep 25, 2013 wrote:
Calamity noticed the furniture salesman was not in his usual spot, and had a very bad feeling as she approached the others standing by the empty yumanade stand, yum fruit and cups scattered around them on the ground. "Mew's gone. So is that Kroc wizard and everyone else who was there a few minutes ago. The aztecasaur went down to the docks. Have you checked the Shops?"
Emma confirmed that the Bazaar was still occupied, but some of the other shopkeepers were missing. Calamity whispered to Charlotte, "That guy I almost nailed with the cake, did he cast a spell or did he just vanish?"
"Sounds like Y'all have a hoodoo problem," Said a pirate who no one had noticed before. She wore Cool Ranch gear and a heavy long coat, topped with a broad brimmed hat which leaned over her face. she pushed off of the palm tree she had been leaning against, and pushed up her hat with one of her pistols. "The name's Donna. Donna Finch. Privater extraordinaire, and professional sneak. Though, of course, my sister here knows that." (OOC: me and Calamity are actually friends. she told me about the thread.)
"I see you're back from your Cool Ranch escapades," said Calamity.
"Yes. Now I'm on vacation. Though so far its been anything but relaxing. Sandy beaches and sunshine have turned into ice and snow. And my first mate, Egg Shen, just vanished into thin air."
"Just how long have you been standing there?" asked Charlotte.
"Long enough. It's obvious something hoodooish is afoot. Question is, what?" she pointed over her shoulder. Everyone gasped. The volcano was erupting ice.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
"Whatever is happening, that aztecasaur seems to be in the middle of it," Calamity replied.
"Right, lets go," said Charlotte, striding towards the docks, followed by Emma and Scarlet. Calamity hurried after, shivering in her light Scull Island dress, the increasing cold getting to her. As they headed down the stairs, Calamity pulled her Monquistan court coat out of her pack and slipped it on. Hearing giggles behind her, she spun spun around. "What? I know how it looks. I'm cold! Besides, do you know how many layers of fabric are in this thing?" She glared at the smirking pirates. As she turned back down the stairs she muttered to Donna, "I was going to sell it at the Kraken, but they wouldn't buy it. Now, it's the only one I have handy and I don't think we have time for me to run back to the bunkhouse to get a nicer one."
Charlotte raised an arm to slow and quiet the group, gesturing for them to spread out, as they crept onto the docks ready for battle.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
Donna crept along the far side of the docks, looking for the aztecasaur. Nothing seemed too out of the ordinary, except that almost no one was around. In fact, only one ship was in on that side of the docks, a wharf rat ship, one she recognized immediately. Her captain was supervising a loading of cargo. "Uncle Tim!" she called out, running towards the rat. everyone who grew up in Scrimshaw called Tim the Rat "Uncle." He had helped to raise practically everyone. "Donna! what's brought you back to Skull Island? Oh, never mind that. we're all loaded up. you must see this," he said, waving for her to come aboard. he led her down into the cargo hold. he pointed her to a large crate. "have a look inside. You always liked Aztecan artifacts," he said, almost wistfully, but she didn't notice. she looked down into the crate and inside was.. the aztecasaur! it opened its eyes very suddenly. they glowed purple. it said, "Now is the time." Donna froze, completely immobilized.
"Your part was acceptably played," said the aztecasaur to the rat, as his appearance slowly changed to match Donna's. "I will distract them from the trail. Put her with the others."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity was puzzled. They had crept across the docks like a black cloud, ready for anything except... normality. The docks were quiet but not eerily so, like the shops area. A few ships were in port, crews doing normal maintenance tasks, and a wharf rat ship was just casting off. Calamity had been expecting the aztecasaur to be wielding it's club like wand, zapping them with vanishing spells. She'd only been hoping they wouldn't loose too many pirates in the battle. She waited for the rest of the searchers on the observation deck, nodding to the fuel salesman as she passed.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Brow furrowed, Calamity studied the docks, looking for anything out of the ordinary. Charlotte and Emma approached, shaking their heads. Elizabeth and Scarlet looked as discouraged as Calamity herself felt. They were beginning to plan their next move. Charlotte suggested they sail to the volcano, it being their only lead, as Donna, the last searcher approached. Donna sauntered up and said, "Nothing was amiss. I suggest we go back to the tavern. Emma can make us some Zocalo wings and tamales. Everyone knows she's the best cook in the Spiral. Emma, can you make mine with jalapeno?" Emma raised one eyebrow. Calamity yelled, "Are you crazy? The volcano is shooting ice and half of Skull Island's people are missing!" Even Calamity's little polkaloon was riled up, bumping Calamity in the leg with increasing force. All the pirates were looking at Donna with surprise. She looked back at them calmly. After pausing for thought she said, "Yeeesss. You are correct. We must go into the tunnels of Skull Island and give those aztecasaurs a thrashing." Calamity looked down at her agitated pet, muttering, "Stop it."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity looked hard at her pet, bumping her leg and looking up at her. She stared at it, her gaze then flying to Donna, Emma, and then Donna again. "You're right, Donna. We should go back to the tavern and have some of Emma's famous Zocalo wings." Calamity's eyes bored into Emma's as she said, "It's too bad you can't bake. I could really go for some chocolate cake, right about now." Emma blinked.
Another blink and a very small tilt of her head as her face relaxed into a calm but alert expression. "Right sugah, baking is an art and a science. I never could get the hang of it." Donna strolled through the middle of the group agreeably clapping Emma on the shoulder,saying "Don't worry. Maybe someday you will learn to bake. In the mean time you sure can cook."
With a hearty, "Yes, she can. Let's get some wings," Calamity stepped behind her sister and loosened her dagger.
Emma took a step away, turning to face Donna with a big smile. "Sugah, have I ever shown you my chef's knife? I'm very proud of it."
Donna smiled back at her, "Why, no."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Charlotte sighed in frustration, tinged with no little amount of worry. She had covered an entire section of the docks where surely the Aztecosaur had at least crossed a path, and... nothing. How could people go missing with no cries of alarm or shouts for help, and no clues that she could find? Not to mention the sudden cold weather, which if she wasn't imagining things, was getting steadily colder. The missing people, the odd appearance of the Aztecosaur, and the witchy weather had to be all connected. Otherwise it was a pretty unlikely coincidence.

She turned around to ask Scarlet if she had observed anything, but the tall redhead wasn't there. Charlotte frowned. In the confusion around the docks, it was easy to get separated. She gave a sharp whistle, and after a moment, heard the response a good distance away. That was Emma, surely, and she hoped Lizzy was with her still. Now to find her partner.

"Scarlet?" she called, not too loud, but raised her voice a bit when she did not get an immediate response. Charlotte heard footsteps approaching, but it was not Elizabeth, rather one of the pirates she had just met: Donna Finch, also a privateer. "Did you find any clues, Captain Finch?" Charlotte asked. "And have you seen Scarlet? She was with me just a moment ago."

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Suddenly, a light filled the room for a moment, clearing to reveal a witch doctor with an expensive looking Monquistan staff, and an Aztecan eyepatch covering one eye. He stands there for a second before saying,
"Darn hoodoo! Can't that spell ever work right!?" before looking up and noticing the scene before him.
"Uhhhhhh... hi."

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
"Uhhhhhh... hi."
A wharf rat captain was looking at something in a crate. Two other rats drew their swords and motioned for the witchdoctor to walk towards a crate. "We don't need an aztecosaur to put someone to sleep," said the first rat. The other laughed, then hit the witchdoctor over the head with the flat of his sword. They put him in the crate. The captain turned towards the other rats and said, "Stickyfingers, plot a course for the volcano. Jack, make sure no one else gets in or out of this room." Then, to himself, he muttered, "I'm so sorry."

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
The fake Donna was becoming uneasy. He noticed the swashbuckler had crept behind him. He fingered the guns he had taken from Donna. Emma reached behind her and pulled out a very large knife. "Nice, isn't it. I always make sure to keep it sharp." Sensing the attack, the imposter jumped over all of their heads and landed on the rail. He pulled the guns and pointed them generally towards the group. "Now, I would not do that if I were you. I suppose you've caught me red handed, but I still create a problem for you. do you take me down, or rescue Donna? Not that you would be able to find her. In time, at the least." He smiled, looking pleased at their dismay. Suddenly, he fell forward, landing with a thud. A boost jar landed next to him. Charlotte leaned over the rail. She saw the fuel vendor make a salute. "Thought you could use some assistance!" "Thanks," she called back. "Any time!"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Calamity Finch on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
Calamity looked hard at her pet, bumping her leg and looking up at her. She stared at it, her gaze then flying to Donna, Emma, and then Donna again. "You're right, Donna. We should go back to the tavern and have some of Emma's famous Zocalo wings." Calamity's eyes bored into Emma's as she said, "It's too bad you can't bake. I could really go for some chocolate cake, right about now." Emma blinked.
Another blink and a very small tilt of her head as her face relaxed into a calm but alert expression. "Right sugah, baking is an art and a science. I never could get the hang of it." Donna strolled through the middle of the group agreeably clapping Emma on the shoulder,saying "Don't worry. Maybe someday you will learn to bake. In the mean time you sure can cook."
With a hearty, "Yes, she can. Let's get some wings," Calamity stepped behind her sister and loosened her dagger.
Emma took a step away, turning to face Donna with a big smile. "Sugah, have I ever shown you my chef's knife? I'm very proud of it."
Donna smiled back at her, "Why, no."
(OOC: say HUH?! I think ya have yourself reversed here, honey. I, as well as Emma, can bake better than most for my age and her own, but the only thing I honestly know how to cook is... Nothing. But I do love me some wings...)

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
koompa stomp on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
Suddenly, a light filled the room for a moment, clearing to reveal a witch doctor with an expensive looking Monquistan staff, and an Aztecan eyepatch covering one eye. He stands there for a second before saying,
"Darn hoodoo! Can't that spell ever work right!?" before looking up and noticing the scene before him.
"Uhhhhhh... hi."
But he is not alone. A female Witchdoctor named Hannah appears with him. "Don't worry, sir. Hoodoo doesn't always work. Just keep on trying. -notices the people- Oh, we're very sorry for the interruption. We were working on a spell for class, but we failed to complete it..." "Oh that's okay," Charlotte replied. "By the way, have you seen a girl named Scarlet?" Charlotte asked. "Scarlet? Can't recall such name..." I replied. "Very sorry. Now I've got to go, I've got errands to run..."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
Charlotte sighed in frustration, tinged with no little amount of worry. She had covered an entire section of the docks where surely the Aztecosaur had at least crossed a path, and... nothing. How could people go missing with no cries of alarm or shouts for help, and no clues that she could find? Not to mention the sudden cold weather, which if she wasn't imagining things, was getting steadily colder. The missing people, the odd appearance of the Aztecosaur, and the witchy weather had to be all connected. Otherwise it was a pretty unlikely coincidence.

She turned around to ask Scarlet if she had observed anything, but the tall redhead wasn't there. Charlotte frowned. In the confusion around the docks, it was easy to get separated. She gave a sharp whistle, and after a moment, heard the response a good distance away. That was Emma, surely, and she hoped Lizzy was with her still. Now to find her partner.

"Scarlet?" she called, not too loud, but raised her voice a bit when she did not get an immediate response. Charlotte heard footsteps approaching, but it was not Elizabeth, rather one of the pirates she had just met: Donna Finch, also a privateer. "Did you find any clues, Captain Finch?" Charlotte asked. "And have you seen Scarlet? She was with me just a moment ago."
"Bonjour, mes amis," a voice sounded behind Charlotte. The privateer turned to not find Scarlet, but a different individual who definitely looked strange. Her eyes were like ice- the same light blue, and her hair was short, even, and a cerulean color. Her skin was abnormally pale, and she was dressed in clothes not made for winter, yet the girl did not seem to mind. Her ensemble consisted of a dress with one sleeve rather than two- the right sleeve's shoulder being puffed up, but not in a normal way- instead, it took on a crystal sort of form, as did the layers on her skirt. Her boots went up past her knees and were blue and furry- and a golden crown to match a bracelet on her left wrist was perched on her locks, with a translucent silver veil behind it. "Je m'appelle Soyala." The girl, Soyala, had an accent that wasn't entirely Polarian- it had a German-esque sound to it. "I am looking for zee tavern, as you pirates call it? Vould you be villing to help me, mademoiselle?"

Despite the lack of a left sleeve and her short skirt, Soyala did not seem cold- in fact, her posture was that of a person on a nice day rather than slightly hunched over and arms together.

"Mademoiselle, I am new to zis land- Skull Island as you pirates have named eet?" It was obvious by Soyala's carefreeness and lack of a weapon that she did not know the dangers of Skull Island. But something was different about this girl- something possibly familiar.

(OOC: Soyala is not from the Spiral- she's the Ice Queen of a separate dimension and rivals with the Flame Queen, Serafina. I intend to be writing a story on this. ^^)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: say HUH?! I think ya have yourself reversed here, honey. I, as well as Emma, can bake better than most for my age and her own, but the only thing I honestly know how to cook is... Nothing. But I do love me some wings...)
OOC: I have not reversed myself. Calamity knows Emma can bake, sent the cake flying through the air herself. Emma's fame at baking is known far and wide. The aztecosaur is a bit out of touch though. He obviously heard something about Emma and kitchens somewhere, but got it wrong and thought, "Cook". What would an aztecasaur have someone cook? Zocolo wings. Meanwhile, Calamity's pet knows and has been frantically trying to tell her what is up. When Calamity realizes, she tries to tell Emma in a way that wouldn't tell 'Donna" they are on to him, by saying something outrageously Wrong. It also calls attention to the fake Donna's flub. Emma gets the hint and plays along. LOL Every cook and baker I've heard seem to know that cooking and baking are not the same, and do not like being mistaken for the other. I was playing on that and using it for a plot device.
That aztecosaur knew he made a mistake, by us surrounding him, but still doesn't know how he messed up and gave himself away.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
But he is not alone. A female Witchdoctor named Hannah appears with him. "Don't worry, sir. Hoodoo doesn't always work. Just keep on trying. -notices the people- Oh, we're very sorry for the interruption. We were working on a spell for class, but we failed to complete it..." "Oh that's okay," Charlotte replied. "By the way, have you seen a girl named Scarlet?" Charlotte asked. "Scarlet? Can't recall such name..." I replied. "Very sorry. Now I've got to go, I've got errands to run..."
OOC We seem to have a snag here. Her friend appeared indoors. It seems to have turned out to be on the wharf rat ship, and now he's a prisoner in a crate. Since Hannah is talking to Charlotte, who is on the docks, I'd just pass on the being with her friend part (at least for this instant). It is completely up to you if you stay with the pursuing pirates, port to your friend and dismay the rats, or do something else next.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Donna Finch on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
Donna crept along the far side of the docks, looking for the aztecasaur. Nothing seemed too out of the ordinary, except that almost no one was around. In fact, only one ship was in on that side of the docks, a wharf rat ship, one she recognized immediately. Her captain was supervising a loading of cargo. "Uncle Tim!" she called out, running towards the rat. everyone who grew up in Scrimshaw called Tim the Rat "Uncle." He had helped to raise practically everyone. "Donna! what's brought you back to Skull Island? Oh, never mind that. we're all loaded up. you must see this," he said, waving for her to come aboard. he led her down into the cargo hold. he pointed her to a large crate. "have a look inside. You always liked Aztecan artifacts," he said, almost wistfully, but she didn't notice. she looked down into the crate and inside was.. the aztecasaur! it opened its eyes very suddenly. they glowed purple. it said, "Now is the time." Donna froze, completely immobilized.
"Your part was acceptably played," said the aztecasaur to the rat, as his appearance slowly changed to match Donna's. "I will distract them from the trail. Put her with the others."
Scarlet had been near Charlotte, but noticed Donna walking down to the far end of the docks. With whatever was happening, it wasn't smart to wander off alone. Scarlet though and quickly decided that Charlotte could take care of herself well enough, and besides, Emma was still nearby.

Scarlet began jogging down the docks towards Donna, but she slowed to a walk when she saw the wharf rats.
Something didn't feel quite right. Scarlet crouched behind a pile of crates and did what she did best, she observed.

Scarlet saw Donna greet one of the rats quite warmly. Clearly Donna recognised this rat as and old friend. The rat however, paused a second before returning the greeting, almost as if it was thinking of a reply. Scarlet watched as the rat led Donna onto the ship and down below decks. A few moments later, the rat crew began making ready to leave port. However, Donna had not yet reappeared. Something was definetly wrong here.

Scarlet reached into a large pocket on her leather over-coat and pulled out her pet Armadillo, Emma. True it shared the same name as one of her friends, but Scarlet had actually named her armadillo Emma long before she had ever met Emma the baking musketteer and, Scarlet usually called her armadillo Emmy just so people would not confuse it with Emma.

Taking her pet Armadillo from its favourite sleeping place, Scarlet gently put Emmy down and woke her up.
"Réveillez-vous mon petit cochon, vous devez prendre un message à nos amis." [Wake up little one, you must take a message to our friends] Scarlet quietly told Emmy to find Charlotte and the others and to bring them to her hiding spot. After giving Emmy a gentle and playfull toss in the right direction, Emmy quickly ran off to the other end of the docks in search of Charlotte.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Dino woke up in the crate slowly, grumbling something under his breath before realizing he was in a crate.
He looked around for his staff, finding it had been confiscated by the wharf rats. He began banging on the inside of the crate, yelling to be let out.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Stickyfingers reported to Captain Tim, "We're on our way Cap'n." He could hear thumping sounds coming from the hold. "Problem with our passengers Cap'n?" "Nothing we can't handle. Once we're out of sight of Skull Island, you can let him out and give him some water and cheese. We might be forced to be part of this, but no reason to be cruel when we haven't been made to by that witchy lizzard." Uncle Tim shivered.
Stickyfingers nodded, "What about the others Cap'n?" "They'll keep. The spell will keep them under long enough," he replied with a sigh and a sad look, "I really hate this."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity looked down at the unconscious "Donna", who was slowly fading away, exposing the true appearance of the aztecosaur underneath. She felt sick to her stomach with worry for her sister. Until the aztecosaur spoke to them, part of her had been hoping, though not really believing, that Donna was just under a spell, which a visit to Vadima would fix. Instead, her sister was captive, location unknown, and in danger.
An armadillo ran through the crowd of pirates gathered around the unconscious aztecaosaur. It ran up to Charlotte, putting it's paws on her leg. Charlotte bent over it for a moment; Calamity thought she might have taken something from the little pet. Straightening up, Charlotte pointed at the wharf rat ship which had sailed nearly out of sight.