Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay! ^_^

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
Donna woke up shivering. She groaned. "Ugh. Where am I?" She looked around at her strange surroundings. She was on what seemed to be a glacier. Or perhaps an ice cave? But the walls were moving, they flowed upward, closing several yards above her head. All around were other people lying on blocks of ice. on the floor was a pattern of magic symbols. However, one mark kept appearing throughout the design: an eye with a slit pupil on a sun. Donna looked at the other symbols. Some looked like snowflakes, others depicted a woman driving snow clouds through the sky.
"Ah, you're awake. Good, I was hoping I wouldn't have to figure this out by myself." Donna spun around to see a witchdoctor sitting cross-legged on the floor.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Dino suddenly remembers the knife hidden in his boot. He reaches down and takes it out, beginning to try to saw through the wood of the crate.
"Come on... Come on..."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
A heavily armed wharf rat pries open the witch doctor's crate, sees his knife and the surprised look on his face. "I'll be having that knife now." The rat grins, holding a cutlas to Dino's throat. Dino reluctantly and carefully hands it over. "Cap'n said t' feed ya." He hands DIno a hunk of cheese and scoops a cup of water from the barrel. The rat takes out a cribbage board and offer's to pass the time playing, while watching him alertly for the rest of the voyage. When the ship docks, Dino is blindfolded and his hands tied. He is guided out of the ship and finally is made to sit on something rather cold. When he gets the blindfold off, he sees other people lying on blocks of ice, including the girl he had seen in the other crate.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
"Where are we?" Dino demanded, looking around at the surrounding glacier. "Why are you taking us here? Who are you anyways?"

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
"...Who are you anyways?" finished Dino.
"The name's Tim, most call me Uncle Tim," said the rat, untying the blindfold. "I am truly sorry. I wish it hadn't gone this far, but I couldn't refuse that monster. He has my family hostage. Y' see, I'm from Scrimshaw. I know her, see," he pointed to the girl who had been lying in the crate before. "She grew up on the docks. I ought to know, I helped to raise her. And every other kid in that town. She was like my own child. I wouldn't have taken her, but the Mummy promised not to kill her."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
Calamity looked down at the unconscious "Donna", who was slowly fading away, exposing the true appearance of the aztecosaur underneath. She felt sick to her stomach with worry for her sister. Until the aztecosaur spoke to them, part of her had been hoping, though not really believing, that Donna was just under a spell, which a visit to Vadima would fix. Instead, her sister was captive, location unknown, and in danger.
An armadillo ran through the crowd of pirates gathered around the unconscious aztecaosaur. It ran up to Charlotte, putting it's paws on her leg. Charlotte bent over it for a moment; Calamity thought she might have taken something from the little pet. Straightening up, Charlotte pointed at the wharf rat ship which had sailed nearly out of sight.
The pirates followed Charlotte to her friend Scarlet's ship. Hopping agilely aboard, Calamity reached back to help a striking looking girl in a one sleeved dress aboard, thinking, "I need to find out who her seamstress is." The girl did seem to be rather comfortable in her interesting, yet light dress, while even in her ridiculous coat Calamity was starting to shiver again. Calamity had the impression that the girl was not as familiar with ships as the rest of them. She suggested the girl stand in the stern behind the captain, while the rest of them pitched in to set the sails.
I really hope this cold doesn't kill the palm trees, she thought as she worked. Calamity liked plants and often missed the gardens of Mooshu where she grew up. It was only her desire to find her lost sibling that led her to leave Mooshu and become a pirate. She succeeded in that goal, but now Donna was missing again.
Scarlet sailed on a heading toward Blood Shoals, towards which the wharf rat ship had seemed to head before it sailed out of their sight. The ship was not at the Blood Shoals docks though. A rather grand Aquilan galleon was passing them; Calamity recognized the sails of her friend. "Ahoy! Silver Dino!" A face appeared at the rail of the other ship. " We have an emergency, Hawkins. Did you see a wharf rat ship? Brown sail, yellow cheese with green, um, flames rising above it?" "The Stinky Cheese? Yes, I passed it a little while ago. It was sailing the passage into Flotsam," he answered. "Thanks!" She yelled back.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Calamity Finch on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
The pirates followed Charlotte to her friend Scarlet's ship. Hopping agilely aboard, Calamity reached back to help a striking looking girl in a one sleeved dress aboard, thinking, "I need to find out who her seamstress is." The girl did seem to be rather comfortable in her interesting, yet light dress, while even in her ridiculous coat Calamity was starting to shiver again. Calamity had the impression that the girl was not as familiar with ships as the rest of them. She suggested the girl stand in the stern behind the captain, while the rest of them pitched in to set the sails.
I really hope this cold doesn't kill the palm trees, she thought as she worked. Calamity liked plants and often missed the gardens of Mooshu where she grew up. It was only her desire to find her lost sibling that led her to leave Mooshu and become a pirate. She succeeded in that goal, but now Donna was missing again.
Scarlet sailed on a heading toward Blood Shoals, towards which the wharf rat ship had seemed to head before it sailed out of their sight. The ship was not at the Blood Shoals docks though. A rather grand Aquilan galleon was passing them; Calamity recognized the sails of her friend. "Ahoy! Silver Dino!" A face appeared at the rail of the other ship. " We have an emergency, Hawkins. Did you see a wharf rat ship? Brown sail, yellow cheese with green, um, flames rising above it?" "The Stinky Cheese? Yes, I passed it a little while ago. It was sailing the passage into Flotsam," he answered. "Thanks!" She yelled back.
"Merci, mademoiselle." Soyala thanked Calamity as the pirate helped her aboard. The ice queen was unfamiliar with ships and their concepts, and though amazed by them, silently wished she were using her own special form of transportation. "May I ask your name? And my apologies for zee rudeness- Je'mapelle Soyala." She introduced herself before going where Calamity told her. She took a seat and lightly hummed a melody she had learned from that one pirate girl- Savannah.

"Now ve are ready to sail for zee horn... Way, hay, roll'n'go..." Soyala sang lightly. "Zee anchor's on board and zee cables are stored, to be rollickin' randy dandy o..."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
As Scarlet sailed them into Flotsam passage, Calamity headed back to chat with the polite girl. Giving Scarlet a friendly nod, she leaned on the stern rail. "It's nice to meet you, Je'mapelle Soyala. I'm Calamity Finch. You can call me Calamity, Miss Finch is so formal. How should I call you? Miss Soyala? Je'mapelle? Or is it Soyala?" Calamity resolved to keep an eye out for her on the ship. With all the lines and moving parts there are many unexpected dangers for the novice sailor. "And I must ask, is your dress warmer than it looks, because I'm freezing." The answer was surprising.
As the passage widened, Calamity felt relief as the Stinky Cheese appeared, tied up at the Waponi Wu docks. She continued her conversation with the girl, trying to distract herself from the pre-landing/assault butterflies in her stomach.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Calamity Finch on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
As Scarlet sailed them into Flotsam passage, Calamity headed back to chat with the polite girl. Giving Scarlet a friendly nod, she leaned on the stern rail. "It's nice to meet you, Je'mapelle Soyala. I'm Calamity Finch. You can call me Calamity, Miss Finch is so formal. How should I call you? Miss Soyala? Je'mapelle? Or is it Soyala?" Calamity resolved to keep an eye out for her on the ship. With all the lines and moving parts there are many unexpected dangers for the novice sailor. "And I must ask, is your dress warmer than it looks, because I'm freezing." The answer was surprising.
As the passage widened, Calamity felt relief as the Stinky Cheese appeared, tied up at the Waponi Wu docks. She continued her conversation with the girl, trying to distract herself from the pre-landing/assault butterflies in her stomach.
[OOC: Um, Calamity, Je m'appelle is French, it translates directly to "I am called" really it just means "my name is" Je m'appelle is not anybody's name.]

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Calamity Finch on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
[OOC: Ooh, another sea battle scene? I do love describing those.]

With the Jolly Rover safely sailing through the wind lane towards the Waponi Wu docks, Scarlet decided to slow her ship's progress and meet with the other pirates aboard her ship. The Stinky Cheese was already in sight, but was securely moored at the dock with no indication of its leaving anytime soon.

Scarlet took a position up on the weather deck where she could see all of the pirates below her, "So does anybody have a plan here? I'd like to hear them all." she began, "Personally I'd prefer a proper sky battle, but that would endanger any friends we may have aboard that rat schooner. I could let you set off in long boats while I engage the Stinky Cheese from here and prevent it from leaving again?"
"Either way I have already ordered my crew to prepare for battle."

Scarlet's crew were clearly preparing for a sky battle. The cannons were being loaded and moved into place, buckets of water were already sitting next to most of the large guns. Monkey King and Ratbeard were spreading sand across the decks., and the other crew members not already occupied were stuffing their hammocks into the spaces between the ships' railings.

"Oh, and I do have warmer clothing stored away below decks if anybody needs it. I may love this wonderfully cold weather, but I can see some of you shivering from here." Scarlet added while almost looking directly at Calamity. "Et aussi, I could use some musketeers in the fighting tops."

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Dino looks behind the nearby wharf rats and closes his eyes, concentrating.
3 undead, once claimed by evil magic, rise behind the wharf rats, attacking them.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
CdeWinter on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
[OOC: Ooh, another sea battle scene? I do love describing those.]

With the Jolly Rover safely sailing through the wind lane towards the Waponi Wu docks, Scarlet decided to slow her ship's progress and meet with the other pirates aboard her ship. The Stinky Cheese was already in sight, but was securely moored at the dock with no indication of its leaving anytime soon.

Scarlet took a position up on the weather deck where she could see all of the pirates below her, "So does anybody have a plan here? I'd like to hear them all." she began, "Personally I'd prefer a proper sky battle, but that would endanger any friends we may have aboard that rat schooner. I could let you set off in long boats while I engage the Stinky Cheese from here and prevent it from leaving again?"
"Either way I have already ordered my crew to prepare for battle."

Scarlet's crew were clearly preparing for a sky battle. The cannons were being loaded and moved into place, buckets of water were already sitting next to most of the large guns. Monkey King and Ratbeard were spreading sand across the decks., and the other crew members not already occupied were stuffing their hammocks into the spaces between the ships' railings.

"Oh, and I do have warmer clothing stored away below decks if anybody needs it. I may love this wonderfully cold weather, but I can see some of you shivering from here." Scarlet added while almost looking directly at Calamity. "Et aussi, I could use some musketeers in the fighting tops."
Calamity climbed back to the main deck, after a quick trip below to take Scarlet up on her offer. "Your Plan sounds good to me. I volunteer to scout and raid the volcano from the longboats." She shrugged into an iridescent blue padded and quilted Mooshu coat, plunking a khan style fur lined helmet on her head. "That's much better, thanks Scarlet. Any other quiet types want to come with me? I was recently in one of the spiral's noisiest jailbreaks and I'd rather not repeat that anytime soon."

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
After the undead finished with the nearby wharf rats, they walked over to Dino and the girl that was in the crate, cutting both of their bonds. They then sink back into the ground, returning to their eternal rest.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Calamity Finch on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
Calamity climbed back to the main deck, after a quick trip below to take Scarlet up on her offer. "Your Plan sounds good to me. I volunteer to scout and raid the volcano from the longboats." She shrugged into an iridescent blue padded and quilted Mooshu coat, plunking a khan style fur lined helmet on her head. "That's much better, thanks Scarlet. Any other quiet types want to come with me? I was recently in one of the spiral's noisiest jailbreaks and I'd rather not repeat that anytime soon."
"Ah, then you 'ave my volunteer." Soyala exclaimed sweetly. She titled her head to the right and smiled. "Vell, eet iz never easy on jailbreaks and zee like." The ice queen glanced around.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
Donna looked at the witchdoctor, Dino, somewhat suspiciously. "Even if he did kidnap me, Tim was my friend. So were Sticky and Jack." since he didn't immediately respond, Donna continued. "How are you even involved in this mess?"
"I accidentally teleported onto a wharf rat ship, was hit over the head, and stuffed into a crate. They took me here. I don't know why," finished Dino. Donna looked him over.
"Well, seeing as we're both prisoners, we should probably try to get out of here. Or at least figure out where 'here' is. You're a witchdoctor, right? Can you make any sense of the symbols in here? They look magical."

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
"Ooowwww," moaned the Aztecosaur. He had a very strong pain in his head. It was nearly as bad as the one he experienced from the blow that had ended his living days. He found himself back in his natural form, lying on a wooden floor.
"Battle stations!" he heard someone yell. That jolted him back into full consciousness. He was in the brig of a ship, one moving with a great deal of speed. "Launch the longboats while the fog spell is still in effect!" What was going on? The aztecosaur found a window and looked out. He could not see very far because of the fog, but he recognized one of the girls in the longboat as Donna's sister, Calamity. That was the last piece of the puzzle. He had been captured by the pirate girls. The others will have to take it from here. I hope they manage to keep the prisoners at the volcano secure. Our plan cannot fail.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity rowed for shore, using the magic imbued oars, steering for some greenery well away from the docks area. "Soyala, when we hit the bank, hop out and pull us in while I keep rowing. That will beach the boat. Then we can creep through the greenery to a path that leads up to the volcano. I suspect the prisoners might be held somewhere up near the volcano."
After landing, Soyala was able to wilt some of the already cold stressed thorny brambles with her ice powers to ease their way through the undergrowth. "Nice ability," Calamity said. Moving carefully up the mountain path, now even a bit icy, they climbed past bespelled watermoles, oblivious to them. The watermoles just sat and swayed chanting and shivering, eyes glazed. Reaching the top, they saw a watermole shaman, bespelled like the others but holding a large Aztecan pot, reaching in and scooping a glowing dust into the now cold and dead volcano. The volcano now looked more like a glacier inside. A rope hung far down into the volcano from a crane mounted at the top of the volcano. "Looks like we'll have to go in. I don't think the shaman or watermoles are responsible for this. It looks like they are just being used like the others."

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Dino looked at the symbols for a second, a shocked look coming to his face.
"These symbols are evil. We should best be out of this place as soon as possible."
He picks up a weapon from the unconscious wharf rats, handing another one to Donna.
"We could use their ship, they aren't dead by the way."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity and Soyala slid down the rope, dropping from above onto Stinky Pete, a wharf rat who had been stationed on a platform 35 feet above the floor of the volcano. He had been looking nervously down at the floor of the volcano and never heard them. The fight to subdue him was brief. With Soyala taking charge of their prisoner, Calamity took a stealthy peek over the edge. With a large grin, she stood and shouted, "Ahoy!" She waved at her sister and a witchdoctor, both looking up in surprise. The rest of the missing pirates of Skull Island, were lying on ice blocks in the glacier-like volcano, seemingly asleep, the wharf rats they had been chasing also seemed to be asleep, but much less comfortably, lying on the ground. "Everyone ok down there?" Calamity looked around the platform, finding the rope ladder the rats had used and a small cargo winch they must have used on the bespelled prisoners to get them the rest of the way to the volcano floor. "Ware above!" She kicked the end of the rolled ladder over the side when she saw Donna and her friend were clear. "Be right back, Soyala," and she swarmed down the ladder.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
"Hello! You arrived just in time. These rats are working with evil things here."
He motions to the symbols on the floor.
"So, introductions. Dino Atworth, at your service. And you are?"

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
With the longboats launched, the Jolly Rover increased speed untill it was racing towards the Stinky Cheese.
"We are only to disable ze rat ship!" Scarlet called to her crew from her position on the weather deck.
"I want ze guns loaded with chain and bar shot, we will destroy zeir rigging and masts. Charlotte please 'ave your gun crew aim for ze Stinky Cheese's rudder." [OOC: I think Charlotte is still on Scarlet's ship, I haven't heard from Anne or Elizabeth for a while in this roleplay].

As the Jolly Rover came alongside the rat's ships, the cannons opened fire. Soon the air was filled with the particular wistiling noise caused by chain and bar shot twisting and spinning towards the Stinky Cheese's rigging.

Withing only a few minutes, the main mast of the Stinky Cheese had been brought crashing down, and the rudder had been completely destroyed. The Stinky Cheese was still floating at the dock and in relatively good shape, however, it would not be able to sail anywhere without extensive repairs.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
"So, introductions. Dino Atworth, at your service. And you are?"
"Dino, meet my sister, Calamity," said Donna. Dino and her sister shook hands. "How'd you find us?"
"We followed the Stinky Cheese. The ship seemed to be heading this way, and it seems the volcano is important to all this. it looks like we found the missing pirates, too," answered Calamity.
"How did these wharf rats do all this?" Dino asked Calamity.
"Uncle Tim would nevr do something like this! he's a good man-er, rat," said Donna defensively.
"I don't think it was him," said Calamity. "After you were captured, an aztecosaur disguised as you tried to distract us from finding you. I think its more likely that he was the one who cast this spell."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity asked Dino, "Do you think you can wake up these other pirates? Otherwise, I'm afraid we'll have to winch them out of here they way they got here. A friend and I captured a rat up there who is still awake. I'm going to question him and see if I can get any answers. If not from him, we also have the disguised aztecosaur back in the brig on the ship. " She climbed back up the ladder to the platform.
"Soyala, they seem safe down there for now. Hopefully the witch doctor can wake them, or we'll need a lot more people here to haul them out. Now for this guy, who's behind this?"
Stinky Pete had been acting like a normal nervous rat up to this point, tied up and leashed to the rail but not resisting now he was defeated. A green haze drifted across his eyes and he said in a monotone, "Who's behind what? Everything is shipshape, Captain."
"Well, that was creepy. Hmm. Maybe we can try a different approach." She and Soyala whispered to each other out of the rat's hearing.
Approaching the rat together, Soyala said flatly, "Our aztecosaur Master on the ship has sent us to transport the prisoners."
Calamity said in a monotone, "We are to bring them to your Master. Where shall we find your Master and what title shall we call him when we deliver the prisoners?"
The rat replied in the same toneless voice, "Bring them to the Scaly Grotto. Deliver them to the 'Glorious and Majestic Ek Chan'. Long may he and his brethren reign over us all."

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Dino nods and walks over to one of them, his hands beginning to glow. The pirate wakes up slowly, looking around with a confused look on their face. Dino continued working with the other ones, and after about 45 minutes all of the pirates are awake, and 13 minutes later know about what happened.

OOC:Good opportunity to put in another character, no?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Some of the pirates begain climbing the ladder up to the platform. Calamity greeted Ryan the Relentless of the Yum stand, Mel the taylor, and Mr. Trelawney, the furniture salesman as they went past heading out of the volcano. She was relieved to see them all safe. Blind Mew had lost his cane. Donna guided him over to the ladder and offered to help him up it. "No need, my dear," he said and took hold of the ladder and scrambled up it as smooth and fast as a flag going up a pole. No doubt about it, Mew still has skills. With everything moving smoothly Calamity and Soyala decided to head back to the dock. All the firing had ended quite a while ago, and all were confident Scarlet and her crew had everything well in hand.
In fact, Scarlet met them on the path up to the volcano, followed by reinforcements. When Scarlet saw Blind Mew, she said, "Sir, I think we 'ave something of yours. It was in ze rat ship we captured."
One of her crew brought forward Mew's cane and handed it back to him. "Thank you, I would have missed this, a memento of the captain who trained me."
"We have a lead on who is responsible for this, someone named Ek Chan in the Scaly Grotto. I think I've run into him before when I was at the Gold Mine. Soyala and I questioned one of the rats we captured and tricked him into revealing it," Calamity informed them.