Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Trading system please!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
oh my gosh this has been running threw my mind for sometime! The trading system needs to be implemented into Pirate101 allowing players to trade weapons and clothes and stuff. like this is so crucial but at the same time controversial because I shared the idea with my friends online and they said it wouldn't make sense because we have the bazaar, that's true but i'm pretty sure wizard101 has both the bazaar and the trading system and their doing fine. it wouldn't hurt if we got this into pirate101 as well I wonder if devs thought into this at one point? but please share you comments about this thanks

Ignacio- 65 Swashbuckler

Octavio- 16 Witchdoctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hard to say on this one. Being able to trade the non auction gear would be nice. Yes, we can sell them to regular vendors but no one can ever buy them so its kind of like recycling them, you get money for it and you never see it again.

By the way, welcome to the message boards ThtKidacman . We have lots of fun and learning done here and lots of giggles and blessings too. Welcome to the gang.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
Kingsisle has said no to this on both Wizard101 and Pirate101. Kingsisle creates family-friendly games and trading leads to a lot of scamming. Younger players will be tricked into giving their good gear away. Trading also takes the point of farming away.

I say "No" to the idea of trading 100%.

Ensign
Sep 11, 2012
Kingsisle said they would never add item trading (other than treasure card trading in Wizard101) to any of their games. You`re also not texting, so please don`t type like that.

Community Leader
ThtKidPacman on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
oh my gosh this has been running threw my mind for sometime! The trading system needs to be implemented into Pirate101 allowing players to trade weapons and clothes and stuff. like this is so crucial but at the same time controversial because I shared the idea with my friends online and they said it wouldn't make sense because we have the bazaar, that's true but i'm pretty sure wizard101 has both the bazaar and the trading system and their doing fine. it wouldn't hurt if we got this into pirate101 as well I wonder if devs thought into this at one point? but please share you comments about this thanks

Ignacio- 65 Swashbuckler

Octavio- 16 Witchdoctor
I'm not understanding. Pirate101 does have trading(between your characters) just like Wizard101 and a bazaar. Some items cannot be traded or auctioned same for both games. Pirate101 and wizard101 are 2 separate games.

The only thing allowed to be traded on Wizard101 between players are un-enhanced Treasure cards. Since Pirate101 doesn't have treasure cards ,I highly doubt this will be implemented.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Monquistans78 on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
Kingsisle said they would never add item trading (other than treasure card trading in Wizard101) to any of their games. You`re also not texting, so please don`t type like that.
What are you referring to?

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
KI said that they will not implement a trading system, for gear and weapons.
I think one of the reasons, is because it is a good way to STEAL from another player.
Even if you say you would never do that. There are others who would.

I myself wouldn't mind a trading system. I use to play another MMO years ago.
In that game, we did have a trading system.
And, of course, there were people who would act as a friend.
But once they borrowed a piece of gear they wanted, they would disappear.

It could be a catch 22.

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
I would love to be able to trade items with my friends because I always seem to get gear for every class other than mine when I am questing.

However, I am an MMO veteran and I have seen game economies go straight down the tubes because players overfarm enemies and sell items for exorbitant prices. The value of gold in Pirate101 stays constant because there are no outside forces (aka players) to cause inflation or deflation by flooding the market with gold.

No matter how many items get shoved into the Bazaar, the price of that item stays constant even if it is rare because the price is set by the game and not by market forces set by the players.

Class Items would be more expensive than they already are, AND the enemies that dropped those items would get farmed by every class other than the one that benefitted most from the drop.

The sad lesson learned is that players cannot be trusted to manage game economies on their own so KI has to step in and save players from their own greed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TalonDevereaux68 on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
I would love to be able to trade items with my friends because I always seem to get gear for every class other than mine when I am questing.

However, I am an MMO veteran and I have seen game economies go straight down the tubes because players overfarm enemies and sell items for exorbitant prices. The value of gold in Pirate101 stays constant because there are no outside forces (aka players) to cause inflation or deflation by flooding the market with gold.

No matter how many items get shoved into the Bazaar, the price of that item stays constant even if it is rare because the price is set by the game and not by market forces set by the players.

Class Items would be more expensive than they already are, AND the enemies that dropped those items would get farmed by every class other than the one that benefitted most from the drop.

The sad lesson learned is that players cannot be trusted to manage game economies on their own so KI has to step in and save players from their own greed.
Sounds like you have learned some great wisdom the hard way. Thank you for sharing it with us. I think I will go the wise route and trust one who as been through it. No trading for me.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
being able to trade an item for another item of equal worth or has the same level and card would be great, if it was at a special store, because I hate getting every other class gear with assassin's strike except privateer.

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
zuto4011a on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
being able to trade an item for another item of equal worth or has the same level and card would be great, if it was at a special store, because I hate getting every other class gear with assassin's strike except privateer.
I hear ya.

I am glad that the Bazaar is finally here so that the gold I make fighting bosses who drop gear for every class but mine can go towards getting myself decent Swashbuckler items.