Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tired of the word "noob"

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 01, 2012
I have been off of the game for like three months and then i see that Marleybone and Aquila came out and i'm level 55 then i decide to take a break from questing and do some pvp and then i keep seeing max levels calling people noob and saying battle me i'll definitely win. I'm so tired of them saying that and i keep telling them it's not there fault they just started the game or can't pay for membership and that everyone was a low level so really there calling themselves that. Even though i'm not a low level i really want max levels to stop calling people noobs it's annoying offensive and mean and unfair. Max level if you reading this i hope you will stop doing wt you doing and at least start helping low levels cause really you have nothing else to do because it's really mean and can hurt people's feelings and make's there self esteem low . Just try to be a little more nice cause they work as hard as you to move on with the game and your gonna make them quit sometime's if you keep on doing it

p.s. i hope Kingsisle removes the word noob from the chat

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
I usually have the exact opposite problem, and I usually start calling myself a noob in pvp, even though I'm very close to reaching max level. (I really need to get rid of that habit... and thinking...)
I really do agree with you though. High levels don't really have the right to call others "noobs." I would be okay with "newbie," which would indicate that they're new, but even then, that word should be used with caution.
I really don't like fighting low levels, just because I always feel bad at the end for how easily they get defeated. Of course, I do fight them if they insist on fighting me, but I rarely do it.
I learned that people who usually bully other people have very low self esteem themselves. They put down others so then they can build up an artificial self esteem for themselves. In the end, both parties feel horrible. If you are doing this, try helping other people. You'll feel more confident, happier, and you might get to know some interesting people. Now that, is true self esteem.

~Quick Pearl

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Funny. I never really had much of a problem being called a 'noob' when I was starting out...
If anything, I am guilty of calling my friends newbies. They haven't complained to me about it yet, so I don't think it's much of a problem. Of course, if EVER they told me to stop, then I will, no questions asked.

Community Leader
Dont let the word bother you.

IMO, only "noobs" use the word "noob" lol.

People call me Noob, and I laugh at them.
Then I generally ignore them, because anyone that talks that way does not deserve my or anyone elses attention.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Sep 24, 2010
I don't really care about that. instead of quitting they should prove them wrong. I mean. if you work hard enough you can be any level even if u r F2P.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Yes I am also annoyed/tired with the word 'noob'. Like one time, when I was playing on one of my lower level characters, not Modest Hank Ironside, after I was defeated by a level 53, he called me a noob. But then I said, "Actually I'm not really a noob, because I have a max level character that could easily defeat you." The high level 53's smirk quickly disappeared. And I grinned.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
hey don't put me in a group with out knowing me, i'm getting tired of low lvl's (no offense) thinking all max lvl's are jerks!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Heh, I'd know this better than anyone. I was in a fight, minding my own business, and wishing luck to the other team, and a level 50 Witchdoctor who was on my team said 'shut up noob.' Unoffended, I replied 'thanks, but I'd rather not silence myself!'

Ciao!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Heh, I'd know this better than anyone. I was in a fight, minding my own business, and wishing luck to the other team, and a level 50 Witchdoctor who was on my team said 'shut up noob.' Unoffended, I replied 'thanks, but I'd rather not silence myself!'

Ciao!
Good answer . Such rudeness. Hey Rude witchdoctor, if you are reading this post you better realize that you messed with my little sister and when you are rude to her you have to answer to this whole message board family .
I am proud of you Emma for sticking up for yourself. That kind off rudeness and poor sportsmanship will only earn her a very lonely life. No one wants to be friends with someone like that. The nerve of her. This is a family game and we will all stand behind you Emma as we support good sportsmanship and fair play. Too bad we can't kick someone out of a fight for rudeness. But I do know that she will miss out on all the joys of having you for a friend . x links elbows x This is My Emma and we are gonna have a blast together. x Grins at mischievously x Let's go have some fun

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
zuto4011a on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
hey don't put me in a group with out knowing me, i'm getting tired of low lvl's (no offense) thinking all max lvl's are jerks!
Trust me I am not. I know that not all upper levels act this way, just the rude ones do. After all I am a high level too and I know for sure I do not act that way so trust me, I am only fed up with the rude ones, not all of us

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
i really hate this word lots of people use it on other players sometimes i want to call them low lvl player or something

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Trust me I am not. I know that not all upper levels act this way, just the rude ones do. After all I am a high level too and I know for sure I do not act that way so trust me, I am only fed up with the rude ones, not all of us
Amen...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Arceus and Zap on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
i really hate this word lots of people use it on other players sometimes i want to call them low lvl player or something
I understand your frustrations but unfortunately two wrongs will not cancel out the first wrong and make it right. Just be a good sport and resist the name calling. Maybe just remind them how name calling just proves that they are acting like a poor sport. Note how I said "Acting like", that way you are not 'saying' they are a poor sport, they are just acting like one. I have noticed that people tend to react less defensively when their behaviour is pointed out, not calling them the behaviour. Just my point of view though, although it has served me well excepting for the just plain rude ones that don't care about having good character, in essence the classic bully. In those cases, nothing we say is going to help anyway until they are ready to change and become a good guy again.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
I don't even act like that, and I'm max level! There are a lot of friends on my list that keep asking me for help, and I don't mind. I like helping them go trough the story.
As for the pvp...I never play it and I never saw someone say ''Noob''... at least not yet.

Captain
May 13, 2011
some people need some flashbacks here. we were all new. we all hunted for fin once. we all were surprised at those huge ships while we only got those tiny little rafts. calling someone like lvl 40-50 noob means your ignorant to the past. if you call someone a noob, you dont care a bit about how hard they work and how hard they try. noob doesnt mean newbie anymore. its a whole different word. its now a substitute for vile words or even profanity. come on, you removed birch, fork, beach etc. why not remove noob too? people have been complaining for months and nothing has been done

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Sneaky George Quar... on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
some people need some flashbacks here. we were all new. we all hunted for fin once. we all were surprised at those huge ships while we only got those tiny little rafts. calling someone like lvl 40-50 noob means your ignorant to the past. if you call someone a noob, you dont care a bit about how hard they work and how hard they try. noob doesnt mean newbie anymore. its a whole different word. its now a substitute for vile words or even profanity. come on, you removed birch, fork, beach etc. why not remove noob too? people have been complaining for months and nothing has been done
Well... all, except my little sis (she took over my Privateer pirate when she was level 45 ).

Any who... I don't see 'noob' having anything to do with profanity, to be honest, but I do agree that some people are saying it for the wrong reasons. I never saw 'noob' to be an insult, even when I was called it, but now I can see how it can be a insult to some. It truly all depends on how it's worded. I sometimes call my friends 'newbies,' at times when they ask me to fight in a 'weak' battle (or at least, weak to me now) and they usually just respond, "lol."

However mate, on the flip side, if you're in the PvP arena and act all 'high and mighty' cause you're maxed and how nobody can touch you and, "bla, da bla, da bla, bla bla" and someone wants to fight him and he's only a few levels from maxed... and still have the nerve to call the weaker one a noob... is rather pathetic. Honestly, calling anyone a 'noob' in PvP and they're actually saying stuff like, "I'm gonna take my time with y'all. This is gonna be fun for me." or even "How can y'all be such low levels. Don't y'all even try to level up?" just gets under my skin for some reason, even though they're not talking to me.

I swear, I can't stand PvP with people like that, and I'm maxed myself. I don't call random strangers 'newbies' unless I know them or if we are just joking around...

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
I agree the term noob is getting old espesically in minecraft because most of the minecraft fanbase uses it and it get's really old.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I think a lower level called me a noob when I won the pvp and I just thought well ....well ok call .....me a noob and I will not be upset over your negatively ....it's not right to call people noob and I was a max level at that time and i am still see you in the spiral ...romantic rebbeca ivring level 65

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
As someone with a high level wizard with the auric dragon statue, and a pirate in Aquila with the pioneer eye patch, I do not consider myself a new player. I don't like to stand out in Commons and Avery's court getting friend requests from anyone who begs high level help for every fight or thinks I might have crowns either. I like to dress in an outfit that suits the area and might look like a lower level than I am. The people throwing that word around are pretty superficial, and almost never look beyond appearances. I've been called it often, I also know it has no bearing on the reality. Try to remember that if you are called it, they don't know what they are talking about. They almost never look at your level when they call you that. The few that did look closer at me sure were shocked.

Yes, some who say it are using it like a curse, others might still mean it as "new player" as in, "I felt like a noob." Any word can be said with vile intent, but if you hear in your head the words "new player" every time they say noob it starts to sound pretty silly. I don't like the vile intent to insult, but "noob" doesn't have much bite to it if you don't let it get to you. Their bad attitude reflects poorly on them and not on whoever they are calling names.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
thatonevalenciansw... on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
I agree the term noob is getting old espesically in minecraft because most of the minecraft fanbase uses it and it get's really old.
Lol, I know what you're talking about. I usually just agree, since I only got the MC game a couple weeks ago, but since I've watched a lot of YouTube videos about how to play and different mods and stuff before I even got the game, it doesn't seem like I'm new, .

But yeah... the word 'noob' is overused everywhere. (that, i have to agree with)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity Finch on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
As someone with a high level wizard with the auric dragon statue, and a pirate in Aquila with the pioneer eye patch, I do not consider myself a new player. I don't like to stand out in Commons and Avery's court getting friend requests from anyone who begs high level help for every fight or thinks I might have crowns either. I like to dress in an outfit that suits the area and might look like a lower level than I am. The people throwing that word around are pretty superficial, and almost never look beyond appearances. I've been called it often, I also know it has no bearing on the reality. Try to remember that if you are called it, they don't know what they are talking about. They almost never look at your level when they call you that. The few that did look closer at me sure were shocked.

Yes, some who say it are using it like a curse, others might still mean it as "new player" as in, "I felt like a noob." Any word can be said with vile intent, but if you hear in your head the words "new player" every time they say noob it starts to sound pretty silly. I don't like the vile intent to insult, but "noob" doesn't have much bite to it if you don't let it get to you. Their bad attitude reflects poorly on them and not on whoever they are calling names.
Well said, as usual. I do like your style. You are highly informative and you explain things well. Your posts are a joy to read on both forums.

Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
Yea, I agree with all of you. Even though I am level 62, I don't talk very often in PVP. But I do try to defend low levels from being called " noob." It makes so sick! I am not saying all high levels do it, but some of them need to take a chill pill and stop getting ahead of themselves. Stop acting like big jerks and help them out. I try to help as many people as I can but so many people keep asking for help... I cant keep up.
I actually got so angry at my friend for calling someone a noob I ended up removing them, even though she was my best friend
Anyway.... my point is that all high levels that call low levels noob well here's a tip: Stop being so mean, help them get to be our level and GET A LIFE! Learn from this too.-62

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks for all of you standing up for new players. Thanks Crissy, I like your style too. It's kind of funny, but sometimes the ones throwing the "noob" label around are what I think of as mid level players by their level. If the ones you see doing it are level 65, more shame on them. They ought to know better by now.

Just a little story about some Rude ones in Wizard City Commons. They were insulting new players level 6 and under. I was dressed like a new life wizard, even with the twig wand that later was made no trade. I wandered over, and sure enough they called me "noob" too. Being only human, I couldn't resist it. I put on my max ice robes, big showy wand, fancy pet, mount and took off my badge, going labeled by my true rank. They were like . Appearances are deceiving. Then the rude guys tried to friend me. Yeah, right. I then switched realms.

Feel free to walk Avery's Court in disguise and go into your Aquilan gear as seems appropriate.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Calamity Finch on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for all of you standing up for new players. Thanks Crissy, I like your style too. It's kind of funny, but sometimes the ones throwing the "noob" label around are what I think of as mid level players by their level. If the ones you see doing it are level 65, more shame on them. They ought to know better by now.

Just a little story about some Rude ones in Wizard City Commons. They were insulting new players level 6 and under. I was dressed like a new life wizard, even with the twig wand that later was made no trade. I wandered over, and sure enough they called me "noob" too. Being only human, I couldn't resist it. I put on my max ice robes, big showy wand, fancy pet, mount and took off my badge, going labeled by my true rank. They were like . Appearances are deceiving. Then the rude guys tried to friend me. Yeah, right. I then switched realms.

Feel free to walk Avery's Court in disguise and go into your Aquilan gear as seems appropriate.
You sure taught them a lesson However I am happy to say that with the friendly people around, Avery's court is safe from the noob callers.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
Good answer . Such rudeness. Hey Rude witchdoctor, if you are reading this post you better realize that you messed with my little sister and when you are rude to her you have to answer to this whole message board family .
I am proud of you Emma for sticking up for yourself. That kind off rudeness and poor sportsmanship will only earn her a very lonely life. No one wants to be friends with someone like that. The nerve of her. This is a family game and we will all stand behind you Emma as we support good sportsmanship and fair play. Too bad we can't kick someone out of a fight for rudeness. But I do know that she will miss out on all the joys of having you for a friend . x links elbows x This is My Emma and we are gonna have a blast together. x Grins at mischievously x Let's go have some fun
amen, folks. and i agree about the "noob" thing, i mean, when your say to somebody "your a noob" your basicly saying " your weak!" and that is just plain RUDE!! im level 33 and im pretty weak and iv lost a lot of fights and nobodys called ME a noob! it seems like those bullys just want to pick on the players that are lower level players, the players that are no mach for them in pvp! cowerds! if any lower level players are reading this post, you are not weak, youv probably just recently gotten a pirate101 account and havent leveled up like us yet