Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Crypt of Consequence" quest too short

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The instance quest in St. Fido's Crypts, "Crypt of Consequence", is very too short of an adventure, as it currently consists of only one normal enemy battle and one boss battle against Governor Shrewsbury. And, with only one chamber inside the dungeon, the Heart of the Incal seems to be way too easy to find, because it's currently located inside the Governor's tomb.

I suggest you make the instance quest a bit more longer by relocating the Heart of the Incal out of the chamber, and opening the front doors in the chamber after Governor Shrewsbury's crypt inspection that leads to an added series of rooms consisting of a downward spiral staircase, a little long hall with many locked or blocked off doors but one open, a room leading to the pedestal of the Heart of the Incal, which was stolen, as the pedestal is clearly empty, followed by the relocation of the Governor Shrewsbury boss encounter, and another room to the right of the room with an open wall, leading to a small, twisting cavern passage leading right to a big cave chamber, along with the relocated Heart of the Incal at the end, consisting of a brand-new boss encounter in it, named Jacques BarBasher, a former, but corrupt, and evil, Crazy Monquistador turned Witchdoctor, acting as the leader of a villainous group called the Knight Claw, consisting of evil Raven Sorcerers, enacting in a big plot to use the Heart of the Incal's untapped powers to scare away the Marleybonean Dogs out of Port Regal forever, and conquer it, along with a new Loot Chest after the new boss' defeat. Also, select Companions, other than Ratbeard, should have new lines throughout the new quest extension, examples being Bonnie Anne, Old Scratch, Monkey King, and El Toro.

Please make the instance quest extension happen! I wish to see that finding the Heart of the Incal should turn into an actual adventure.

Thanks for listening!

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Trimond297 on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
The instance quest in St. Fido's Crypts, "Crypt of Consequence", is very too short of an adventure, as it currently consists of only one normal enemy battle and one boss battle against Governor Shrewsbury. And, with only one chamber inside the dungeon, the Heart of the Incal seems to be way too easy to find, because it's currently located inside the Governor's tomb.

I suggest you make the instance quest a bit more longer by relocating the Heart of the Incal out of the chamber, and opening the front doors in the chamber after Governor Shrewsbury's crypt inspection that leads to an added series of rooms consisting of a downward spiral staircase, a little long hall with many locked or blocked off doors but one open, a room leading to the pedestal of the Heart of the Incal, which was stolen, as the pedestal is clearly empty, followed by the relocation of the Governor Shrewsbury boss encounter, and another room to the right of the room with an open wall, leading to a small, twisting cavern passage leading right to a big cave chamber, along with the relocated Heart of the Incal at the end, consisting of a brand-new boss encounter in it, named Jacques BarBasher, a former, but corrupt, and evil, Crazy Monquistador turned Witchdoctor, acting as the leader of a villainous group called the Knight Claw, consisting of evil Raven Sorcerers, enacting in a big plot to use the Heart of the Incal's untapped powers to scare away the Marleybonean Dogs out of Port Regal forever, and conquer it, along with a new Loot Chest after the new boss' defeat. Also, select Companions, other than Ratbeard, should have new lines throughout the new quest extension, examples being Bonnie Anne, Old Scratch, Monkey King, and El Toro.

Please make the instance quest extension happen! I wish to see that finding the Heart of the Incal should turn into an actual adventure.

Thanks for listening!
As nice as making this quest more of an adventure sounds, I think where it stands now is fine. At one point the whole place was one big dungeon with 2 extra battles. One was a duel with those blood bats on the bottom floor around that stinky green slime and the other with a battle with redcoat ghosts after Captain Kid says "GET OUT!" for the first time. These battle were removed during testing due to player feedback wanting the dungeon changed to not have to take so long. I doubt this will be undone.

Do not forget that this quest is merely an introduction to Marleybone. Introductions to a world typically remain short and simple to later lead to the actually elaborate and long world (like Avalon, Aquila (in both games), and Azteca). If the quest was further drawn out, many players may be disinterested in trying to complete the quest.

Also did you forget that right after recovering that Heart of the Incal, you must try to take the Yellow Windstone from the governors office, which is no small task? At least 2 boss battles, 3 regular battles, and a 3 wave skirmish to get to the final boss. I think adding anything on top of that would be intimedating.

Keeping things simple make it a swift introduction to get to Marleybone, which is what the object of this introduction is, getting there. I'll agree, maybe the Heart of the Incal could be in a broken safe and use the answer, blowing it up! Or at least solve a puzzle to unlock the code, but making this quest any longer or changing it to it's original version as a full out dungeon is unnecessary.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
As nice as making this quest more of an adventure sounds, I think where it stands now is fine. At one point the whole place was one big dungeon with 2 extra battles. One was a duel with those blood bats on the bottom floor around that stinky green slime and the other with a battle with redcoat ghosts after Captain Kid says "GET OUT!" for the first time. These battle were removed during testing due to player feedback wanting the dungeon changed to not have to take so long. I doubt this will be undone.

Do not forget that this quest is merely an introduction to Marleybone. Introductions to a world typically remain short and simple to later lead to the actually elaborate and long world (like Avalon, Aquila (in both games), and Azteca). If the quest was further drawn out, many players may be disinterested in trying to complete the quest.

Also did you forget that right after recovering that Heart of the Incal, you must try to take the Yellow Windstone from the governors office, which is no small task? At least 2 boss battles, 3 regular battles, and a 3 wave skirmish to get to the final boss. I think adding anything on top of that would be intimedating.

Keeping things simple make it a swift introduction to get to Marleybone, which is what the object of this introduction is, getting there. I'll agree, maybe the Heart of the Incal could be in a broken safe and use the answer, blowing it up! Or at least solve a puzzle to unlock the code, but making this quest any longer or changing it to it's original version as a full out dungeon is unnecessary.
I've not forgotten all of that. I've been through all that. And I do truly remember St. Fido's Church being a former Dungeon turned public zone split into small instances in Test before Books 13 and 14 went Live. And although that change to St. Fido's Church was mighty appreciated back then, the St. Fido's Crypt instance and it's instance quest still feels a bit too short and easy to get the Heart of the Incal out of St. Fido's, so Kingsisle should make getting the Heart of the Incal more of an adventure, without further drawing it out and creating disinterest to players.

I also know that keeping things simple does make it a new staple of an introduction to a new World in Wizard101 since Avalon, or in Pirate101's following case, Book, but, to understand, some simple things shouldn't be easy as some thought to be, just like pirates trying to get treasures from dangerous locations. Not trying to put a damper on your statements, mind you, and I'm not asking for a total revert to what it was on Test, just asking for the instance quest in St. Fido's Crypts to be a bit more longer and challenging without creating much disinterest.

Besides, none of the instances display their Dungeon Warnings.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Also, spiritual phenomenon happenings in St. Fido's Church does not happen out of nowhere or by themselves. There's always got to be a dark, evil mastermind behind the forced hauntings, and a reason for it, and I'm certain a group of ghosts themselves won't even cut it.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Trimond297 on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Also, spiritual phenomenon happenings in St. Fido's Church does not happen out of nowhere or by themselves. There's always got to be a dark, evil mastermind behind the forced hauntings, and a reason for it, and I'm certain a group of ghosts themselves won't even cut it.
I suppose....

I'll throw in an idea then like, how about the Heart of the Incal is cursed by Aztecosuar spirits that brought about all the ghosts in Saint Fido's Church? The only way to remove the ghosts in the church and purify the Heart of the Incal we must defeat the dark spirits that have been hiding inside. That's adding only one extra fight, and Aztecosuars make an appearance (Yay!). Plus the battle doesn't have to be extreme (after fighting a cheating boss, does it make sense to fight another?), just your typical, average Pirate vs. Ghost battle (hmm...that shouldn't be a typical thing...) The boss and mobs could just have fair health and epics on par with the rest of bosses in the church. I think that should satisfy your concerns without giving someone a major headache.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
I suppose....

I'll throw in an idea then like, how about the Heart of the Incal is cursed by Aztecosuar spirits that brought about all the ghosts in Saint Fido's Church? The only way to remove the ghosts in the church and purify the Heart of the Incal we must defeat the dark spirits that have been hiding inside. That's adding only one extra fight, and Aztecosuars make an appearance (Yay!). Plus the battle doesn't have to be extreme (after fighting a cheating boss, does it make sense to fight another?), just your typical, average Pirate vs. Ghost battle (hmm...that shouldn't be a typical thing...) The boss and mobs could just have fair health and epics on par with the rest of bosses in the church. I think that should satisfy your concerns without giving someone a major headache.
As long as there's a living mastermind behind St. Fido's hauntings, I'm cool with it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Plus, finding the Heart of the Incal shouldn't be at least too easy and that convenient to find as it seems to be today, either way.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Trimond297 on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Plus, finding the Heart of the Incal shouldn't be at least too easy and that convenient to find as it seems to be today, either way.
hey trimond? how do you get lucky jack russul?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
fearless robert sp... on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
hey trimond? how do you get lucky jack russul?
Quite off topic for this, but to answer that question, you'd have to select "Shipwrecked" when making the choice on the "How'd Ye Lose Yer Parents" choice selection during character creation. Then you'll get Lucky Jack Russell later on in the Presidio dungeon during Book 1. If you got other unrelated questions, ask the other players. Thanks for asking, though.