Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Prepaid Gift Card Pets

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 13, 2009
I just bought the $10 Walmart gift card to use on my 2nd acct cause I had seen on the Prepaid Card site that it would come with a Monsoon Turtle ( I already have the Dreamy Blue Turtle on my 1st acct) but I REALLY wanted it for the Slippery Talent that it said it got for it's Epic Ability.

When I redeemed it the notification said it came with the Slippery Talent but once I logged in and claimed the pet, the talent(s) showed to be Relentless AND Burst Fire. Normally I love these talents especially on my companions. However, I am confused how this pet (whose counterpart has Vengeance Strike) was going to use Burst Fire when it doesn't have a shooty weapon. I had started a thread on P101C "New Pet Talent" and pictures can viewed there.

I am the Senior Editor for Petnome, which is why I had purchased this card in the first place; so we could add it to our database. I've sent in a ticket to KI Support in hopes that the original talent will be restored back to this pet.

A question I have for now, though, is: Are the rest of this month's gift card pets' Epics off base as well? I don't want to get the other pet's for their new talents only to have them not be the ones they were advertised for.

~SM~
*TDA*

Administrator
Hi! This is a bug, and we'll be working on a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Aug 13, 2009
Thank you, Jack :)

I wouldn't MIND having another pet with two Epic abilities (like the Armadillo Verde) except like I stated before I don't see how the Burst Fire is feasible for this particular pet. Also most notably, I would rather have a pet who has a different talent than what we already know our companions possess.

Thanks again to you and the KI Support team for responding so quickly!

~SM~
*TDA*

Ensign
Aug 13, 2009
I don't want to seem like I'm impatient and I hope I'm not bothering y'all (you guys are SOOO busy!) but KI support sent me here:

Hi again! I was just wondering if you had an estimated time on when this bug would be fixed for the Monsoon Turtle pet? I would really like to explore the Slippery Talent (see what it is and does) :)

Thank you so much for all y'all do,
TigerDeeAmazon

Hi,

Support does not receive feedback of this type regarding a timeline on this type of issue. Any updates would be posted to the www.pirate101.com website or to their forums. We apologize for the inconvenience with this issue.

Regards,

KingsIsle Support

I am mostly concerned with it being the end of July that once the pet is fixed, it might have the August Epic on it.

If it's not possible to give a guesstimated fix time, could you please reassure me that the pet will have this elusive "Slippery Talent" (and hoping that it's something new AND amazing! )

Thank you again, Jack!

*TDA* (an anxious pet owner)

Administrator
Sorry I can't give you an estimate on when this will be fixed, but not to worry, when it is fixed, the Slippery talent will be assigned to the Monsoon Turtle and not one of the other turtle pets from Walmart.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*