Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Friends on the Map

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
My idea is when you open the map, if there is a friend in the same place or area, it shows a little dot or something of KingIsle's color of choice (for True Friends, I recommend green.) You may locate your friend and see where they are walking, fighting ect. (If you mouse over it, you get to see which friend or True Friend it is)
You don't have to do this, but it's just a suggestion

~Smart Hannah Neasmith, level 61 ~

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
For star filled ones, (AKA best friends) it could be purple and just for friends; it could be blue.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
So when we open it would we have to say "I solemnly swear I am up to no good"?

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
Sniper Rose on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
For star filled ones, (AKA best friends) it could be purple and just for friends; it could be blue.
Yes, I like that idea. This was kind of hard for me to explain without a visual concept of what I thought it could be.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Chrissy, you just tickled me pink! XD! Hahaha good one! XD that was brilliant, my friend.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Chrissy, you just tickled me pink! XD! Hahaha good one! XD that was brilliant, my friend.
x Curtsies x Glad to be of blessable service . I was beginning to wonder that no one saw that joke . Guess the wait was worth it.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
They wouldn't see what you were DOING, they would see where you ARE >,>

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
InvaderZim556 on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
They wouldn't see what you were DOING, they would see where you ARE >,>
I understand. I was just a stretch on my part to toss in a pun with a quote from Harry Potter using the activation spell for his Marauder's Map.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
I understand. I was just a stretch on my part to toss in a pun with a quote from Harry Potter using the activation spell for his Marauder's Map.
no worries, Chrissy it gave me quite a laugh when I saw your previous post.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
O, I'm sorry! I wasn't trying to offend you in anyway. Please, forgive me.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I like the idea of it, but my sky way maps take long enough to load on screen as is. If they added that, I don't think the map would show for me.

Community Leader
I think that is an excellent idea.
I have played other games with similar functionality and it can definitely help keep friends together as they quest. Helps us to know where our friend temporarily wandered off to, instead of having to port to them.

The only catch I can think of is there likely should be a way to turn this off.
The "Don't let me friends find me" feature, actually just make it so the "hidden from friends" option already in game removes us from this map feature as well.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
InvaderZim556 on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
O, I'm sorry! I wasn't trying to offend you in anyway. Please, forgive me.
No worries, I wasn't offended it the slightest. It takes a lot to ruffle my feathers (See my posts about players whining about free gifts on Wizard), but you didn't even come close to ruffling me. Please don't worry I am perfectly fine with it. OK? x Extends hand x

Captain
May 16, 2011
Ah, I think this idea would be fabulous in the game itself. x Smiles with delight x I love that idea.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
Dr Zeppers on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
I think that is an excellent idea.
I have played other games with similar functionality and it can definitely help keep friends together as they quest. Helps us to know where our friend temporarily wandered off to, instead of having to port to them.

The only catch I can think of is there likely should be a way to turn this off.
The "Don't let me friends find me" feature, actually just make it so the "hidden from friends" option already in game removes us from this map feature as well.
I'm down to any idea that makes this one better

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Yes! Great idea! Also, this should happen in houses.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
I believe you can just teleport to them instead of looking on the map.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
EMC99 on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
Yes! Great idea! Also, this should happen in houses.
Of course!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Lol, I will never forget George and Fred Weasly's map. Anyway, I agree with this map idea. It would help out a whole variety of players!