Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Battle Order

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I love ALL my companions on all my pirates and have yet to use a benching token because it's refreshing to see them appear in battle occasionally.

My idea, though, is to possibly be able to choose the orders our companions go during their turns. For example on my Musketeer, I have just received Private Mills and I like his various attacks (shooting, bombs, powder kegs) so right now he is my first mate. Besides since he's new I like to test out his abilities with my pirate's strategies. Now also because I've recently gotten the Overwatch power card as a trained spell, it's beneficial for me to use a majority of Musketeer companions. So I keep Louis Le Bisque & Bonnie Anne on the top row, too.

Occasionally I will draw El Toro or Wing Chun and I love them, too. What I would really love during my battles, though, is to be able to rearrange the order that my companions take their turns. This would really help out having El Toro or Wing Chun using their accuracy boosts first. Even with other companions who are not "played so often"; when you know what Epics some have, then you don't mind them triggering on the enemy because you have the companion who can counter it or even utilize it to their benefit.

I don't consider this a way to make the battles easier for us or "dumbing down" the game. I think it's part of being a strategist and making the most out of your crew. It's really no different than an Epic battle where you can choose both your own companions AND the order they will go in.

~SM~

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
What about every time you get a side-quest companion you get a sleeping token?

Ensign
Jan 05, 2010
I personally think they should refigure the percentage of chance that a companion will show up in battle. When you nearly reach your 2nd page of companions the "benching" companions is pretty much pointless as all your middle and bottom listed companions only appear 1% of the time which is basically a "benched" companion to begin with. The only good benching a companion does is allow for you to build up experience for other companions. I just think, for me, I want more chance of using my companions to increase my strategic, offensive, and defensive abilities in a fight,

Careless Chris Eastwick
MUSKETEERS UNITE

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Zlyxer on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
What about every time you get a side-quest companion you get a sleeping token?
That would not be a fair thing because some pirate classes get more companions (side AND main) than other classes do. I also believe it would defeat the purpose of even having any side companions because most people would probably just use the token they received to bench the one they JUST got! The extra companions is a reason many don't do those quests.

~SM~