Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

This is so terrifying!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
Dear KingsIsle Entertainment Incorporated, Today, I am reporting this very eerie bug. That happens in some battles, where the camera messes up, and yes, I am sure you have heard of the bug where players and units attack nothing but air, correct? Well this is merely terrifying. The camera has a bug where the unit's weapon points towards you. So, an example, Bonnie fires at you, Ratbeard slashes at you, and Old Scratch throws to curse you. This is EXTREMELY terrifying! It has happened to me while I was helping "The Highlander Fox Of Avalon" or as she likes to be called, Emma. So we were in Cobweb cave, already spooky enough, with the bone-chilling music and just before the bug. My modem turned off, so I had to relog, and now instead of battle music, the Cob Web Cave music plays, Okay, not so bad, right? Well then my game crashed and I joined again.
Bonnie was firing at nothing, the so called nothing was in front of the camera, therefore she was shooting at ME. And this happened with EVERY single musketeer in the battle, Me, Emma, Bonnie, and another Bonnie, and Duck Holiday, and someone else. ALL shooting at the spot in front of the camera. This is terrifying! And then it went back to Bonnie and she shot at me and my power went off! TERRIFYING! This is something you really need to check on. Knowing the younger audience, as myself. I hope there is something you can do. Because, now, I'm scared of Bonnie. Well, uh
See you in the skyways? I hope...
Jacob

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Beautifulmonkey on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
Dear KingsIsle Entertainment Incorporated, Today, I am reporting this very eerie bug. That happens in some battles, where the camera messes up, and yes, I am sure you have heard of the bug where players and units attack nothing but air, correct? Well this is merely terrifying. The camera has a bug where the unit's weapon points towards you. So, an example, Bonnie fires at you, Ratbeard slashes at you, and Old Scratch throws to curse you. This is EXTREMELY terrifying! It has happened to me while I was helping "The Highlander Fox Of Avalon" or as she likes to be called, Emma. So we were in Cobweb cave, already spooky enough, with the bone-chilling music and just before the bug. My modem turned off, so I had to relog, and now instead of battle music, the Cob Web Cave music plays, Okay, not so bad, right? Well then my game crashed and I joined again.
Bonnie was firing at nothing, the so called nothing was in front of the camera, therefore she was shooting at ME. And this happened with EVERY single musketeer in the battle, Me, Emma, Bonnie, and another Bonnie, and Duck Holiday, and someone else. ALL shooting at the spot in front of the camera. This is terrifying! And then it went back to Bonnie and she shot at me and my power went off! TERRIFYING! This is something you really need to check on. Knowing the younger audience, as myself. I hope there is something you can do. Because, now, I'm scared of Bonnie. Well, uh
See you in the skyways? I hope...
Jacob
It's eerie alright, dang Scratch trying to curse me. I already punished him and told him if he did it again he was getting benched. I promoted him anyway though. XD

The glitch used to be opposite of that, where you'd attack your companions. I hit Ratbeard with my musket by accident and he hasn't let me hear the end of it. -_-

Please fix this, though. It truly is eerie- apparently there appears to be nothing wrong according to other posts like this.

Ensign
Feb 14, 2013
that happened to me with ratbeard and catbeard and bat masterson :( it was creepy i got attacked and killed! they were supposed to be on my side! now i have Shriku neko (level 69 sorry i skipped a level since i didnt have membership when i was a level 8 then i went to 9) as my first mate as i put sleep tokens on ratbeard, catbeard, and final bat masterson i NEVER want to see them in battle AGAIN!

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I had this glitch on my computer well it didn't aim in the front of the screen. It took forever to load. Then I switched backwards and hit the left when the enemy was in front of me. But Monkey looks like your having a more creepier glitch and plus that music. Gosh that music is horrifying! Even when it does that CREEEEEEEAKKKKK effect.