Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Reporting

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Hey Jack

I have a question about reporting, now i know that you guys, (or Captain Ahab) get a lot of reports, probably, and i have reported people, more than one person, i am sick of people abusing text chat. but what i am wondering is, when you report someone, is it GAURENTEED that captain Ahab is going to get AND review the report? will it ever go unnoticed?

My friend has reported someone before, and some time later she saw him again, and he was still talking ( i think as he normally does, inappropriately) so i am unsure as to weather it went through or not. i just recently reported a girl and i dont know if it is going to be considered, the abuse of chat rights is really getting out of hand.

One more thing, do you all have many moderators for each realm?

Thanks for concern

Zan

(Please do not direct me to some other link because i think i probably already read it sorry)
Thanks again!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I sure loved the idea of Hall Monitors they have in Wizard. I cheered them on when ever I saw them in action. Lol every time the misbehaving crowd would be making fun of them and cussing all they could and one by one, they would be silenced and all you could see was text chat crying. It was brilliant and beautiful to see at the same time.
KingsIsle, how about using hall monitors here. I will give them my every support.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
I sure loved the idea of Hall Monitors they have in Wizard. I cheered them on when ever I saw them in action. Lol every time the misbehaving crowd would be making fun of them and cussing all they could and one by one, they would be silenced and all you could see was text chat crying. It was brilliant and beautiful to see at the same time.
KingsIsle, how about using hall monitors here. I will give them my every support.
Oh yea! Hall monitors would be an excellent solution. I heard a lot of complaints about them, but I think it's a good idea. I used to dislike the idea because some falsely reported, but most were good. I think that'd be great for we who have had....Difficult experiences in the past. :c

Ciao!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I think the ones reported would get a warning, as on Wizard. That seems automated when a report is sent in. King's Isle might not have someone sitting there to do an instant review, but they do review all the reports and respond accordingly. It may be that the one your friend reported got a warning, ignored it and kept on doing it. Then K I reviewed the chat logs (yes they can see exactly what was said), took action, and he found out he was muted after your friend saw him or the next day. I noticed on Wizard that some chat offenses are more extreme and prompt some very fast action. I imagine they have a flagging system of some kind for the person on duty.

Administrator
Speed Switch on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Hey Jack

I have a question about reporting, now i know that you guys, (or Captain Ahab) get a lot of reports, probably, and i have reported people, more than one person, i am sick of people abusing text chat. but what i am wondering is, when you report someone, is it GAURENTEED that captain Ahab is going to get AND review the report? will it ever go unnoticed?

My friend has reported someone before, and some time later she saw him again, and he was still talking ( i think as he normally does, inappropriately) so i am unsure as to weather it went through or not. i just recently reported a girl and i dont know if it is going to be considered, the abuse of chat rights is really getting out of hand.

One more thing, do you all have many moderators for each realm?

Thanks for concern

Zan

(Please do not direct me to some other link because i think i probably already read it sorry)
Thanks again!
Yes, all reports are reviewed, and I do not envy the employees that have this job. Since you're already aware of the FAQ page, then you're most likely already aware of the general process.

Thank you all for helping to keep the Spiral a safe place Please continue to be diligent with reporting; it does make a difference!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
Oh yea! Hall monitors would be an excellent solution. I heard a lot of complaints about them, but I think it's a good idea. I used to dislike the idea because some falsely reported, but most were good. I think that'd be great for we who have had....Difficult experiences in the past. :c

Ciao!
Don't worry about false reports. KingsIsle can read every word that was said and it will be Very obvious that the report was false. I have been falsely reported several times for standing my ground or for verbally correcting someone for an inappropriate action and they would get angry with me and report me. Nothing negative has Ever happened to me from those false reports. I am sure the false reporter sure heard about it though. Just as long as you always conduct yourself with honor and nobility you are safe from such bullys.