Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Players claiming to be KI employees

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
I hope this forum is appropriate for my question.

I know that KI employee's do play Pirate101; however, I was curious if one was to play, would they make it public to other players that they are an employee? I have always been under the assumption that no one could claim to work for the company in the game to prevent anyone falsely claiming they are an employee and misrepresenting the company.

The reason I ask this is because I met someone that did claim to be an employee and quite frankly, I didn't believe him but I have so much respect for everyone that is behind the scenes working on Pirate101 I would feel absolutely terrible if he really did.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
As stated in W101, the real KI employees have a special badge available only to them, I'm not sure what it looks like in in this game

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
If you come across this problem, politely ask them to show a badge that says, "KingsIsle Support." Quoted directly from the player's guide, "If someone claims they are a KingsIsle employee but they cannot show you this badge, report them immediately."

Hope this helped!

~Quick Pearl

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I know in W101 that KI employees have a "KI Support" badge that they must equip to show you that they do, in fact, work for KI. I'm going to suppose that the same badge is in place for P101, too.

Also in W101 if someone is claiming to be a KI representative and can not prove it to you with their badge then you are supposed to report them for misleading representation by impostering an employee.

~SM~

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
I believe that (at least it was this way in Wizard101) KingsIsle employees get a special badge. Here's a picture of a wizard wearing it.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The King's Isle employees do play the game. I imagine it works the same on Pirate101 as on Wizard101. Employees have a special Badge they can choose to display. Instead of the badge under their character name saying "Midshipman" or "Tubthumper", they can switch it to "King's Isle Customer Support" or something like that. I saw one of them with the employee badge on Wizard. Falsely claiming to be connected to King's Isle is considered a reportable offence. If they say they are, ask to see their employee badge. If they don't show it to you, report them. They don't wear their badges all the time, but the real employees can prove they are what they say, fakes can't.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
I believe he should have a KI support badge if he works for the company(i'm not 100% sure on this stuff so if Jack take a look at this post he can correct me if i am wrong) If you ask him to show you his Ki support badge and he cant or refuse to, report him immediately, because it most likely means he is impersonating an employee, that or he just don't want to show the badge.

Cunning Xavier Veldon

Administrator
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
I believe that (at least it was this way in Wizard101) KingsIsle employees get a special badge. Here's a picture of a wizard wearing it.
Man, that's a good looking wizard!

Thank you, everyone.

Please refer to the Player's Guide concerning this matter: here.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
When is Jack or Ratbeard going to come play with me ingame?

You guys love me don't lie so just come join me any realm any world lol.

Cruel Darius Blake(65)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Man, that's a good looking wizard!

Thank you, everyone.

Please refer to the Player's Guide concerning this matter: here.
That you Jack? If so how fun that they just happened to pick you . Whoever it is, I agree. I knew about the badges too but just as I suspected lots of posters are aware and would all chime in to 'Train up Sp4zRX 'in the way they should go' and so helpfully share all the good information to someone getting their sea legs. x Raises a glass of yum x To the sharers of helpful information, you do us proud. The next round is on me .

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Lol jack who is that pirate, uh, wizard, you?

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
For everyone asking, yes, that wizard in the picture is in fact one-eyed jack, aka the friendly necromancer, so there's that at least.