Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Prince of Illios Quiver

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
My privateer just got this drop and it gives the epic Burst Fire. As it is not tradable, can my privateer use it? I only see that epic choice show up on my musketeers. Must I have a gun loaded to be able to use it or will it work for any range skill I use? There is no Musket icon on the card to show that you must have a gun equipped in order to use it. It just says "Bonus If You Hit" along with the indicator that there is a 35 percent chance of it triggering. Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
My privateer just got this drop and it gives the epic Burst Fire. As it is not tradable, can my privateer use it? I only see that epic choice show up on my musketeers. Must I have a gun loaded to be able to use it or will it work for any range skill I use? There is no Musket icon on the card to show that you must have a gun equipped in order to use it. It just says "Bonus If You Hit" along with the indicator that there is a 35 percent chance of it triggering. Thanks in advance for clearing this up.
you can use it with any of the shooty combo weapons.

but it must be a shooty weapon staffs wont trigger it unless ofc its a staffy/shooty combo.

Tested in test realm with my staff and my staffy/shooty sets

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Burst Fire is the Shooty weapon talent equivalent to Relentless for Slashy/Stabby/Smashy weapons & Mojo Echo for Staffy ones. So in order for you to have a Burst Fire epic trigger then yes your Privateer would need to be equipped with at least a Shooty or Shooty/hybrid.

The Musketeer symbol that you would see on the card would mean that ONLY Musketeer class can use it. As it does not have a Musketeer icon, then it is able to be used by any class. There are LOTS of Privateer only gear (hats, robes, boots, charms, totems, & rings) that give good stats and come with some of the Musketeer Power cards like Grapeshot or Hurricane Round.

You might try getting a Shooty/Slashy (so you can still get your Slashy bonuses) hybrid weapon and equipping some of these items. This would allow you to play both long & short range :)

Test it out a bit and see how you like it before you decide to stick with it or go back to your tried and true gear.

Good Luck!

~SM~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Thanks guys, Yea I have some shooty slashy stuff. Time to test it out and see if it's worth giving up my massive slashy/smashy weapon for I have found nothing as powerful as a smashy weapon lol.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Oh my gosh, where did you get it? Please please please.

Have a Great Day! Lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DrParrot on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:

Have a Great Day! Lvl 65
It was a drop from the last fight in the Troy dungeon when the golden egg hatches, (nope I won't spoil that one ) hatches into what I just won't say.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
DrParrot on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:

Have a Great Day! Lvl 65
I got mine from the final battle with Pariss in the Troy dungeon.

~SM~