Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why seperate memberhsips?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 09, 2011
Hi i started playing wizard101 a few years ago. After watching trailers and the commercial I decided to play and got membership. My friend didn't like pirate101 so he kept on play wizards. After a few months of playing p101 he told that he desperately need my help in w101 because my high level. When the membership was separate i was forced to quit w101. I want to go and help my friend but my other friend doesn't want me to quit. If there was membership with both games at once i could play with both my friends.

PLEASE PLEASE make a membership with both 101 games!

Silver Evan Holystone
Swashbuckler

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I wouldn't hold out for a same membership getting you access to both games . Sorry but I highly doubt it.

For one thing, you can think of it like this:

P101 & W101 are BOTH great games and I love them very much, too But what you have to remember is that they are two separate entities that are created by ONE company, KingsIsle. Even though I am sure that KI would love it if every player who played W101 would move over to P101, they also realize that some people are meant to be Wizards only or Pirates only. Not both like us

I'm also sure that if there was a one membership price to play both games, it would be higher than what you are paying for just one. So if a normal membership (not one on sale for $60) is $80 for a year either game. You wanted to have both games it would cost you $160. But maybe there is a chance that there is a combo pack sale one of these days/years. So you can get both games for $120-140 (regular prices of course).

Some, like your friend, wouldn't feel it was worth it because they don't want to pay an extra "combo price" to play a game that they didn't like. But it could be good for you-who likes both games equally.

Like I mentioned above about the two separate entities, each game is run by their own team. They may work for KI as a company but W101 team works for the Wizarding World and the P101 team is busy building Skyways that will lead us to our parents!

There are option for you, though. Instead of paying for a whole year's membership just to be able to help your friend. -You could get a gift card or buy just a one month membership at a time.
-You could get a PIRATE gift card so you get that pet in game BUT choose the Crowns option (that can be shared between both games) and use those to buy the worlds he needs help in.

Good luck to you and your friend.

~SM~

Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
I would guess they seperate memberships between games because making them isn't free

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
SorceressMiklai on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
I wouldn't hold out for a same membership getting you access to both games . Sorry but I highly doubt it.

For one thing, you can think of it like this:

P101 & W101 are BOTH great games and I love them very much, too But what you have to remember is that they are two separate entities that are created by ONE company, KingsIsle. Even though I am sure that KI would love it if every player who played W101 would move over to P101, they also realize that some people are meant to be Wizards only or Pirates only. Not both like us

I'm also sure that if there was a one membership price to play both games, it would be higher than what you are paying for just one. So if a normal membership (not one on sale for $60) is $80 for a year either game. You wanted to have both games it would cost you $160. But maybe there is a chance that there is a combo pack sale one of these days/years. So you can get both games for $120-140 (regular prices of course).

Some, like your friend, wouldn't feel it was worth it because they don't want to pay an extra "combo price" to play a game that they didn't like. But it could be good for you-who likes both games equally.

Like I mentioned above about the two separate entities, each game is run by their own team. They may work for KI as a company but W101 team works for the Wizarding World and the P101 team is busy building Skyways that will lead us to our parents!

There are option for you, though. Instead of paying for a whole year's membership just to be able to help your friend. -You could get a gift card or buy just a one month membership at a time.
-You could get a PIRATE gift card so you get that pet in game BUT choose the Crowns option (that can be shared between both games) and use those to buy the worlds he needs help in.

Good luck to you and your friend.

~SM~
the combo price is nice but when you have a family that all play its a bit too much to keep them all active. It should be for any accounts beyond 3 its 3.95 a month per account not 6.95

Right now i just have one pirate account both my kids don't play anymore and lost interest. I cancelled my w101 sub due to lack of new content. No point to take 6 wizards to 90 and gear them up. I have many 80's and one 90 thats top end as of 12/31/12. I feel the same on pirate since we have companions playing another class to 65 does not seem worth it. All i do now is farm for drops my companions are all maxed out pretty much.

still both great games!! both games seem to flip flop =) p101 has new stuff then w101 does

cheers

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
masterryan1969 on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
the combo price is nice but when you have a family that all play its a bit too much to keep them all active. It should be for any accounts beyond 3 its 3.95 a month per account not 6.95

Right now i just have one pirate account both my kids don't play anymore and lost interest. I cancelled my w101 sub due to lack of new content. No point to take 6 wizards to 90 and gear them up. I have many 80's and one 90 thats top end as of 12/31/12. I feel the same on pirate since we have companions playing another class to 65 does not seem worth it. All i do now is farm for drops my companions are all maxed out pretty much.

still both great games!! both games seem to flip flop =) p101 has new stuff then w101 does

cheers
I love both games as well but I am more hooked on P101 atm. The reason being I am really enjoying the game. Could be cause it's new and I'm not going through the same quests 84+ times like on W101. Also cause you have different companions (orphan, presidio, class) who really break up the monotony and THEY don't say the same things as the comps on your other pirates.

It's really more interesting to pay attention to the dialogue.

~SM~

Ensign
Mar 09, 2011
Thank you all for your ideas. Now that you mention it does make sense that the the price would high and the fact that you can put gift card crowns in wizard101 is a good idea. I guess until i make it to level 70 or they don't add more content. I could go back to wizard101 and wait until like a new world comes out.

Once again thank you.

Silver Evan Holystone
Swashbuckler

Community Leader
I know upon initial opening/release of the game there was a bit of discussion about this.

I was one that also had expected/wanted some form of combination subscription, especially since they are so closely tied to together.

You pay for them separate, yet you cannot play them both at the same time. That to me is the biggest issue.

If we have to pay for them separately, purchasing separate subscriptions, why are we limited to access only one at a time?

Anyhow, I ended up subscribing my "secondary" KI account for Pirates, and left my primary for Wizards so I can play both at the same time if my sick and twisted brain felt the desire! ;)
(im often doing Wiz gardening, while in a long dungeon in Pirates)

Still one of the best values on the net, especially with the $60/annual renewal deal that comes up frequently.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Zeppers: " Anyhow, I ended up subscribing my "secondary" KI account for Pirates, and left my primary for Wizards so I can play both at the same time if my sick and twisted brain felt the desire! ;)
(im often doing Wiz gardening, while in a long dungeon in Pirates) "
That would only work for me until people start talking to me from both accounts at the same time, my brain would explode lol. I would have to be in stealth mode on the wizard account or I am sure the most hilarious texting errors would happen.
Besides my accounts are linked so I can share my crowns so I cannot have them both open at the same time, one gets kicked out every time if I try.