Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sato's Dungeon Bug with Shadow Step

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 16, 2010
Not sure if this is a true bug, but seems like it. Last night, my level 55 Witchdoctor was doing Sato's Dungeon in Sujamura Village, Mooshu with one friend questing with me. When we got to the point where we were battling the musketeers, I used Shadow Step to transport to a clear area in range of the enemy but theoretically without triggering any of the massive number of traps. Instead of transporting normally, my character walked through the traps, and Shadow Step remained unused in my lineup of spells. I know I used it, because I selected a square that was outside my normal range on the battleboard, and my character walked to that square, sustaining damage as she went. Since Shadow Step allows you to transport around all manner of obstacles, without sustaining damage (like from a fire) I see no reason why it shouldn't work with the traps. Anybody else notice this? I didn't try to reproduce the bug, but perhaps other witchdoctors might want to give it a try and pass on your results.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Kymma Starflower on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
Not sure if this is a true bug, but seems like it. Last night, my level 55 Witchdoctor was doing Sato's Dungeon in Sujamura Village, Mooshu with one friend questing with me. When we got to the point where we were battling the musketeers, I used Shadow Step to transport to a clear area in range of the enemy but theoretically without triggering any of the massive number of traps. Instead of transporting normally, my character walked through the traps, and Shadow Step remained unused in my lineup of spells. I know I used it, because I selected a square that was outside my normal range on the battleboard, and my character walked to that square, sustaining damage as she went. Since Shadow Step allows you to transport around all manner of obstacles, without sustaining damage (like from a fire) I see no reason why it shouldn't work with the traps. Anybody else notice this? I didn't try to reproduce the bug, but perhaps other witchdoctors might want to give it a try and pass on your results.
sounds like a bug.I never noticed it my first time around since i have so many valor skills i hardly have to port out of danger.

I could try it out later today and see if it happens to me then post my results.

Cruel Darius Blake(65)

Administrator
We were unable to reproduce this bug. If you have more information or if this happens again, please let us know!

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Feb 16, 2010
Will do Jack, maybe I'll make a special run this weekend to see if it happens again. Thanks for checking!

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
hmm strange not happened to me totalily a bug could not be a bug but i could be real