Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Choosing a Subclass?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 31, 2013
Greetings and Salutations!
Yeah, this is my first post, and you guessed it right, matey! Im rather new to the game.
I have already done some research, I know that you get your first practice skill at lv 8, and that you can spend it on cross-class skills as in; even if ur a Privateer, at lv 8, you can choose to learn a Witchdoctor skill, right?

So here is the QUSTION; If you choose to be a Privateer, and you select Grizzleheim as your ''background city'', do you STILL get to train Witchdoctor skills?
OR must I've chosen Krokotopia in order to be able to train witchdoctor skills with my privateer ?

Thank you for any possible answers in advance.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Taloncore on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
Greetings and Salutations!
Yeah, this is my first post, and you guessed it right, matey! Im rather new to the game.
I have already done some research, I know that you get your first practice skill at lv 8, and that you can spend it on cross-class skills as in; even if ur a Privateer, at lv 8, you can choose to learn a Witchdoctor skill, right?

So here is the QUSTION; If you choose to be a Privateer, and you select Grizzleheim as your ''background city'', do you STILL get to train Witchdoctor skills?
OR must I've chosen Krokotopia in order to be able to train witchdoctor skills with my privateer ?

Thank you for any possible answers in advance.
doesn't matter what you pick as your birth place you can train in any sub class.

Now you wont beable to train all skills/talents in a sub class so you will end up having more then 1 sub class.

Like i am level 65 witchdoctor and i am trained in musk/swash/privateer.

Again it doesn't matter where you picked as birth place you are free to spend practice points anywhere up to a degree.

Cruel Darius Blake(65)
Jack's Black Sheep

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Your background of where you were raised doesn't have anything to do with the spells you can obtain from the other class trainers. The only thing your background does is give you an ability depending on the place you chose.

Marleybone/Keen=Keen Eyes gives +5% Accuracy
Krokotopia/Spooky=Naturally Spooky which increases your Power effects
Skull Island/Sneak=Born Sneak gives +5% more Dodge
MooShu/Swordsman=Born Warrior ability which gives you an ext +5 Damage
Grizzleheim/Tough=Naturally Tough which gives +5% Health

These are only to help your pirates along with a little bit of something you may think they need. For example, I have a Buccaneer who I want to make sure she doesn't miss. Therefore, I will say she is from Marleybone so she gets that little bit of accuracy to make sure she hits her targets more often.

Now then after having played on my Buccaneer for a bit, I can see that being a Melee class pirate she would benefit from training in the Swashbuckler class line for Fast (extra steps) & Rough (extra damage). She plans on training up to Refresh from the Privateer class but while there she also sees that she could benefit from training in Slashy (for those Slashy/Smashy hybrid weapons) as well as Elusive (which gives extra Dodge & Steps).

However, there are some players who could possibly prefer to play their characters half melee/half long range. Then those might train their Buccaneers in some of the Witchdoctor or Musketeer skills.

It all really just depends on your personal playing style.

~SM~

Ensign
May 31, 2013
Well, this clears it all up, thanks for the detailed replies guys! I was a little anxious for a while there (would hate to restart the game since I've kinda grown attached to my character) but now im really enjoying the game.