Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Marleybone Ending: "The Verdict"...WHAT!? :(

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
Ok, so in the Test Realm, the second to last quest in Marleybone "The Verdict" had this whole, epically funny speech scene with the Judge determining Catbeard's fate between the Navy and Catbeard's lawyer and there were multiple "What?!"s going on that I found just laughable. The whole thing was simply hilarious to me. I recently found out that the scene was cut when the updates went live and many of the previous vocals were removed; skipping to Swigdet's speech line. I found this very dissapointing. The only word I can really say about it is... "WHAT!?" Why in the Spiral was the majority of the scene cut out? I feel as though players going through this are missing out on a very humorous end to a dark story. Luckily, I believe there's a video featuring the old quest dialogue, but it's just not the same. If it's possible, can the entire scene be brought back? I'm not found of this cut at all. If not that, can I at least hear answers as to why "The Verdict" quest was cut in it's dialogue?

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so in the Test Realm, the second to last quest in Marleybone "The Verdict" had this whole, epically funny speech scene with the Judge determining Catbeard's fate between the Navy and Catbeard's lawyer and there were multiple "What?!"s going on that I found just laughable. The whole thing was simply hilarious to me. I recently found out that the scene was cut when the updates went live and many of the previous vocals were removed; skipping to Swigdet's speech line. I found this very dissapointing. The only word I can really say about it is... "WHAT!?" Why in the Spiral was the majority of the scene cut out? I feel as though players going through this are missing out on a very humorous end to a dark story. Luckily, I believe there's a video featuring the old quest dialogue, but it's just not the same. If it's possible, can the entire scene be brought back? I'm not found of this cut at all. If not that, can I at least hear answers as to why "The Verdict" quest was cut in it's dialogue?
I have been wondering that too.I believe they cut that on purpose too.Not only is the funny part gone but the whole dialogue makes no sense any more.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
No kidding. I loved that part and replayed that part a few times

I didn't know it was actually cut, though. I've been too busy playing with my Witchdoctor, who's about lvl 10, and haven't had the time to play with my main pirate, a Swashbuckler. You mean to tell me they ACTUALLY cut out that whole scene? What did they do that for..?!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh, noooo! I got to that part, and was so very disappointed to see the scene cut. It was such a great scene, with wonderful writing and comic timing, as Catbeard becomes more and more frantic (WHAT!?) and the hesitance and seemingly too mild manner of his solicitor is eventually revealed as a deliberate, cunning ploy. I miss the heated arguments of the prosecutor (and the amazing list of Catbeard's crimes! The crime he is accused of doing only once however, is the one that makes you really laugh, boggling the imagination), the weariness of the Judge -- the whole scene is wonderful. And there is a great literary allusion (or at least one) imbedded into the cut scene, and we miss that too!

Please, please, please KI, bring back the whole Verdict scene (I would sing a pleading Handel aria in emphasis, but you wouldn't be able to hear it). Nobody I am sure thought it too long, we LOVED it!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Developer
It's not intentional, it's a bug. We will address it soon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Oh, noooo! I got to that part, and was so very disappointed to see the scene cut. It was such a great scene, with wonderful writing and comic timing, as Catbeard becomes more and more frantic (WHAT!?) and the hesitance and seemingly too mild manner of his solicitor is eventually revealed as a deliberate, cunning ploy. I miss the heated arguments of the prosecutor (and the amazing list of Catbeard's crimes! The crime he is accused of doing only once however, is the one that makes you really laugh, boggling the imagination), the weariness of the Judge -- the whole scene is wonderful. And there is a great literary allusion (or at least one) imbedded into the cut scene, and we miss that too!

Please, please, please KI, bring back the whole Verdict scene (I would sing a pleading Handel aria in emphasis, but you wouldn't be able to hear it). Nobody I am sure thought it too long, we LOVED it!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
LOL x points to Anne x What she said .

Thanks Mew, Phew, what a relief. x Gets next pirate ready to go through so I can hear this masterpiece again x

Community Leader
Blind Mew on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Bummer. I just finished it last night and it is the shorter version. Will there be a way to go back and see it again? Other than taking another pirate all the way through, I mean . . . .

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
That's good to hear.I just wish I didn't get my pirates past it already..........

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh, thank you very much, Blind Mew! You relieve my mind. Bugs happen, and I know at some point they will be fixed. Now I will sing a happy Handel aria! (just to myself, of course)

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
Oh, thank you very much, Blind Mew! You relieve my mind. Bugs happen, and I know at some point they will be fixed. Now I will sing a happy Handel aria! (just to myself, of course)

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
x Runs to get baton to direct the orchestra x

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
And I shall join ya! Oh wait, arias are one person... DANGIT.

But thanks for patching the bug!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
And I shall join ya! Oh wait, arias are one person... DANGIT.

But thanks for patching the bug!
No, no, please join me -- (Miss Erin, is it? I'm trying to remember your signature from past posts); Handel wrote lots of duets too! How about joining me in the happy duet 'O Lovely Peace, with plenty crowned/Come spread thy blessings all around'. No, wait, that might not suit our pirate's checkered experience; sometimes we bring peace, but sometimes we bring war (sigh).

How about then, 'Come ever-smiling Liberty, come/ And with thee bring thy jocund train' -- another duet for 2 girls, and certainly we pirates value our liberty!

(Of course, no one can actually hear us sing, but what does it matter! And, hmm, I think I'm off topic again... need to rein in my enthusiasm... )

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
No, no, please join me -- (Miss Erin, is it? I'm trying to remember your signature from past posts); Handel wrote lots of duets too! How about joining me in the happy duet 'O Lovely Peace, with plenty crowned/Come spread thy blessings all around'. No, wait, that might not suit our pirate's checkered experience; sometimes we bring peace, but sometimes we bring war (sigh).

How about then, 'Come ever-smiling Liberty, come/ And with thee bring thy jocund train' -- another duet for 2 girls, and certainly we pirates value our liberty!

(Of course, no one can actually hear us sing, but what does it matter! And, hmm, I think I'm off topic again... need to rein in my enthusiasm... )

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
It's Emma. But I do like the name Erin.

(I'm enjoying your enthusiasm, Miss Anne. And I love your stories too!)

Sneaky Emma (Everhart) (I gotta remember to put this signature on more often. O. O)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
x Frantically thumbs through sheets of music multiple times as the ideas come and go.x x Music sheets go flying as I duck the the empty bottle of yum chucked in my direction from a very confused orchestra x. x Sighs x Now why didn't I consider Bonnie Anne's famous aim when I accepted her for playing bagpipes and oboe?

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Is this the part with the Pink Floyd references? My questing partner is a HUGE Floyd fan and had done all of MB in Test. When we got to the courthouse part he told me to listen to the dialogue and was so excited. I didn't hear/read anything related to Pink Floyd during the dialogue and told him so. He was so bummed out and disappointed and said it must've gotten changed from Test to Live.

I'm sure he'll be glad to know that it's just a bug and will have the chance to listen to it once it's fixed when his other pirates get to MB

~SM~

Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
I'm SorceressMiklai's questing partner as well as her partner in real life.

I do hope that the dialogue missing is a bug as SorceressMiklai stated I am a really big Pink Floyd fan and when I completed Marleybone in test realm I saw that dialogue and flipped out! No way! They added a clean but unmistakable reference to the song "The Trial" from Pink Floyd's double album "The Wall". I had hoped to see it again when I did Marleybone again in live but it was completely cut out, to my dismay of course. I'd love to see it back in the game.

P.S. I'd love to see a Zeke quest that has us search for something Pink Floyd or a quest(s) involving Floyd. ;-)

Brave Sam Laveer/Alric Ravensinger
Lv 65 Privateer~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hmmm I wonder what a Floyd would look like? x Mental gears start churning x

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
Hmmm I wonder what a Floyd would look like? x Mental gears start churning x
Well Zeke COULD have a quest to collect Floyd's Pinks? Where Pinks would be Carnations (refer to Grimms Brothers Fairy Tale "The Pink")

~SM~

Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
Floyd would be the main guy (Like Marquis Mark) but then you'd have the rest of the band. So NPCs named Roger, David, Nick, and Rick, heck if you wanted to pay homage to the whole band the NPC Floyd would actually be based off of Syd Barrett. You know? Shine on you Crazy Diamonds! The possibilities are endless! :-)

Brave Sam Laveer/Alric Ravensinger
Lv 65 Privateer~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
SorceressMiklai on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
Well Zeke COULD have a quest to collect Floyd's Pinks? Where Pinks would be Carnations (refer to Grimms Brothers Fairy Tale "The Pink")

~SM~
Wow I have never heard that one. I looked it up and yes I agree, the flowers would be perfect for it, although I pictured a rose instead of a carnation.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
SorceressMiklai on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:

~SM~
That one is an awfully sad tale (there are much better resolution versions of this 'Bird of Truth' sort of story, other versions where the wronged mother survives to live happily with her repentant husband, as well as the kids all living happily too). How about 'Felicia and her Pot of Pinks'! I've always liked that one (this one is a French courtly fairy tale)

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
That one is an awfully sad tale (there are much better resolution versions of this 'Bird of Truth' sort of story, other versions where the wronged mother survives to live happily with her repentant husband, as well as the kids all living happily too). How about 'Felicia and her Pot of Pinks'! I've always liked that one (this one is a French courtly fairy tale)

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
x Runs to look up this version x Thank you again Anne for sharing your vast store of knowledge with us.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
you lost me at handel, question who's handel?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
zuto4011a on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
you lost me at handel, question who's handel?
Pirate101 is a fantasy setting of the Age of Piracy, and Marleybone (especially Port Regal) has a lot of 18th C. references (and the men's clothing generally really reflects the 18th C. in particular). Much of the music of this time period was what we call Baroque today: passionate, dramatic, and often intensely emotional and sweet. So, looking at Marleybone's/ Port Regal's analog of 18th C. England, George Frederick Handel, a Baroque composer, was an immensely popular composer there, and people flocked to see productions of his operas and oratorios, as well as his music work for the King and his court. After hearing professional (and amateur) productions, people would sing Handel's catchy songs in the street.

So, that's what Anne does. I'm merrily imagining that Marleybone has a Handel-like composer (serving the queen, no doubt), and she's learned many songs ... which happen to reflect the music that I love in real life. The duets I reference are actual songs written by Handel, and they have exceptionally lovely tunes. Anne's the kind of girl who is always laughing and singing whenever possible, and I was just being playful and joking around when I first made the references (didn't know I would be continuing them on this thread!)

But, back on topic: I am so glad to read that "The Verdict" has been fixed! Huzzah! Such a brilliant piece that everyone can now enjoy!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
i never played the test realm... -_- so i didn't know about this blind mew said it was a bug. so... is there anywhere i can get this diolage back. note i am already past this part and almost done with aquila