Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Restricted Area - Group Member's Only?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 22, 2009
Hello,

My Pirate is currently on a quest in Cool Ranch. When i enter the area i get a message on the bottom of the screen: "Restricted Area - Group Member's Only" and i am wondering what this means. My friend's can not teleport when i need help. Do i have to do this place solo?

Thank You for your feedback! :)

Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
No you dont need to do it solo. Restricted Area Group Members only means Its only for a group.

Chase

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
If you join a group with a friend then they will be able to port to you, of if they are on your ship with you and in your group then they can come with you and help.

Ensign
Sep 10, 2010
VanillaSunshine1 on May 27, 2013 wrote:
Hello,

My Pirate is currently on a quest in Cool Ranch. When i enter the area i get a message on the bottom of the screen: "Restricted Area - Group Member's Only" and i am wondering what this means. My friend's can not teleport when i need help. Do i have to do this place solo?

hi.

it means you need to be in a group with your friends. to do this click on a friend and at the bottom (i think) there is a button called add to group or something like that.

Captain
May 13, 2011
VanillaSunshine1 on May 27, 2013 wrote:
Hello,

only people in a group can enter. anyone on the ship not in a group will get kicked out. if you need help, invite them to a group and enter the vortex with them (just remember to stay on the same ship)

First Mate
May 01, 2012
What this means (my viewpoint) is that people who pay for at least one month's membership can access this area. If your friends have not paid for at least one month's membership, than they will not be able to join you in areas that require group membership. If they have paid, then the problem might be you have to create a group which includes you and them.

If you don't want to do the area solo and your friends are not allowed to join you, try partnering up when you see someone going into the area you are interested in.

Petty Officer
Jan 10, 2013
Your friend must already be in the same group as you in order for them to enter.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
If you are referring to the vortexes, then those would be solo for only ONE ship to go in. However, from what I know, as long as you are "grouped" with a friend(s) then that person (people) may port in to help you with the on-ship combat.

~SM~

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Yes, there are some areas of the Spiral where only members with paid access are allowed to venture.

If your friends want to follow you, they will either have to purchase full memberships or pay to access those areas by using Crowns.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
This does not mean you have to do it solo. In the friends list, you need to invite your friends to be part of a group. You can have 4 pirates in a group, including yourself. It's not a permanent thing so don't worry too much about just who to invite. It only lasts till a person logs out or removes themself from the group, and you can choose to leave the group too. Most vortexes require people to be in a group to go in together. At some point you will run into an area with a "Restricted area- Captain only" message; that is an area you will have to solo and even group members can't join you.

Ensign
Feb 22, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I Thank You once again for your responses! I have tried having my friend go on the ship with me to the area and she would be kicked out. I have had her try to teleport to me may time and it will just say that i am busy. This is very confusing. Is there another way my friend can help me?

Thanks! :)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Did you go to your friend's name on the friend list and invite her to join a group? "Group" is a subcategory of the "friend list". You can invite 3 friends to be in a group. It will show them on another page of the "Friend List" as a group member, in addition to still showing their name on the regular friend list. It will let you chat to the other group members and they will all be about to read the chat from you and from the other group members. Being joined in a group will allow them to ride your ship into most vortexes or port to you in one.
Group membership is not the same thing as being a member of the game. If that friend can be in the area where the votex is (doesn't matter if they are there by buying the area with crowns or due to membership in the game or because it is in Free to play area) , your friend should be able to go in, unless you didn't invite the friend to join a "Group" using the friend list request. Group is like making a small team or squad of pirates, and the game links you in a special (and temporary- until log out) way.
When I was still a free player, I got bumped off a ship going into a vortex and thought it was a pay area too. I think I was only bumped because I wasn't in my friend's "Group". I was later able to join a group and enter. Can any crowns players confirm whether they have to pay a separate crown fee to enter vortexes, or if you already bought the area the vortex is in, like say, Flotsom Skyway it lets you go right in Perdition's Tempest?