Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Defeating Bishop

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 20, 2011
I was just defeated soundly by Bishop. If anyone has any suggestions on tactics, please comment.

He casts one of those shooting machines every so often. I will try next time to run away from them, but I fear that is a losing proposition. I fear, too, that there are too many to destroy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One good hit will take out those yellow machines. They only have 400 life. Just remember to never use witchdoctor powers on Bishop, he will throw a royal hissy fit all over you if you do. Then take out all the other companions first so he cannot leach life off of them. Then knock the gears out of him

Ensign
Apr 24, 2012
hey there. Don't get discouraged. I died the first time I fought him too. What I found to work best is to split your team up into 2 groups. If yu have a character that gives out go damage you can split them 3 to 1. If not split them 2 to 2. One group concentrates on destroying the machines and the other on Bishop. If you dont address the machines they get out of hand and become too much to handle. If you got Bishop close to dying them you can attempt to send all 4 at once but not for too long or else the machines will build up and become too much. Hope this helps or gives you a better idea.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Morgrim Owlshield on May 25, 2013 wrote:
I was just defeated soundly by Bishop. If anyone has any suggestions on tactics, please comment.

He casts one of those shooting machines every so often. I will try next time to run away from them, but I fear that is a losing proposition. I fear, too, that there are too many to destroy.
Before the machines come up, make sure to be clearing away some of his minions. When Bishop starts casting them, make sure to hit those machine to 2-3 times but it's usually two. Also have the rest of the team focusing on killing the rest of his minions. Idk for sure but then, only then the cheats will stop cause that happens with every other cheating boss in Pirate101. Then kill him! Hope this helped.
"What is begun, must be ended,".

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Bishop has some interesting tricks (and a particularly beautiful fizzle). A witchdoctor might have special challenges defeating him, because Bishop has 'witch hunter', so their strategy might have to be different, but here are a couple of things that were successful for me:

1) Don't let him use leech. Defeat his minions before tackling him. Leech is a very important spell for Bishop's survival, so it is good tactics to not have it available at all to him.

2) Where he places his mechanical summons (I think that talent especially interesting) is random. If the machine is placed near your characters, target it as soon as you can. Bonnie Anne is particularly useful in this, as she can often take one of these down in a single round, and from a distance. This does mean she can't attack anything else that round, but it is worth it. If the summoned machines are out of your way, though, I'd just ignore them.

3) Swashbuckler or buccaneer companions are especially useful here, I think. Additional talents like first strike, reposte, and vengeance strike were critical in taking down the villains. (In specific, I had Bonnie Anne, Sarah Steele, and Subodai for this fight, and it worked well)
I hope this may be helpful.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
As a just-up-to-level-par Swashbuckler, my first Bishop battle did NOT go over well.

- My Musketeer (Rooster Cogburn, in this instance) died of the infernal machines and one Battle Angel that had sneaked up behind him.
- My other two companions of choice were not the best choices for survival, which I found to be quite necessary in this particular battle. (I'm used to losing companions.)
- I used the strategy of attacking Bishop who would in turn leech his minions to death.
- I surrounded Bishop.

That battle ended up with one lucky epic heal, some boost stacking while invisible, and one lucky epic hit on my part while my companions were dead. However, I did face him again at the end of the dungeon. Here's what I did differently:

- I kept my better-suited Musketeer (Bonnie Anne, because of the heal) in a corner, away from the action.
- I chose one of my dying companions and a companion with standard damage and better health (Sarah Steele and Gracie Conrad, respectively).
- I found where the machines were clumped together (Bishop likes putting them together in an open space and kept my companions away from it.
- Here's the tricky part: Bishop's normal attack will attack all around him. I was lucky enough to put him on the side of the board with a critical-less Sarah Steele on one side and an obstacle on the other. This way, he never bugged my crew, who kept the Angels away from the machines. I took out the Angels, ran Sarah Steele to the other end of the board to recuperate, then started taking Bishop out. This time, I only lost Gracie. I had full health, Sarah was "red", and Bonnie was almost "green".

Hope you can learn from my mistakes - good luck, matey!

Viva los Piratas!

D.S. Devereaux

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
My way of handling Bishop as a witchdoctor was simple.

Since i use almost all swashbucklers upfront with high dge/rip/relentless,

I would keep one around the middle to handle his toys since they have relentless it was a good bet i could take one out in the next round after he casted it.

The rest i would focus on ranged enemies first since they have high acc my high dge wouldn't always trigger.

Melee units i left last since most the time they would try to attack my swashbucklers and get dged i didn't need to worry about them.

I also tried to keep my companions spread out since Bishop can hit multi targets at once.

As for my char i would help out with taking down ranged units then i would bug Bishop making him use leech so he would leech off the melee units since by this time all ranged are downed. This would help to make killing the last of the units faster for my companions so then i could turn all focus on Bishop.

Cruel Darius Blake (62)

Ensign
Apr 20, 2011
Thank you, all. Great stuff. I did finally learn to destroy the machine guns immediately. It took a few tries an, finally, an ally, but we did it.

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009

Take out his men first, because he can use leech which heals him a lot, and only does minor damage to his crew. I would also not take out his little armada machines because he'll just make more.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
Arceus and Zap on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
i need help with bishop he cheats as if plz help
Take out his men first, but don't bother taking out his little machines because he'll just make more

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
i finally beat bishop here is how to kill bishop take out his men first if you attack the machines they can kill you DO NOT use swashbuckler companions they'll die easily dont attack him first he will use leech [ or jobu's breath ]
to heal himself

Quiet Edward Devearux witchdoctor 53
Darling Mark bristol swashbuckler 15
Fallon buccaneer 2

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Arceus and Zap on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
i finally beat bishop here is how to kill bishop take out his men first if you attack the machines they can kill you DO NOT use swashbuckler companions they'll die easily dont attack him first he will use leech [ or jobu's breath ]
to heal himself

Quiet Edward Devearux witchdoctor 53
Darling Mark bristol swashbuckler 15
Fallon buccaneer 2
@ 65 we just attack him first to get it done hes down by the end of turn 2

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
I might not be there yet... But still, I have a few tactics I know by practically staying up till seven a.m. reading Pirate101 strategies, and trying to get a hint as to what the next updates may contain. o. O

Don't use those Witchdoctor spells. Bishop has Witch Hunter, so I'd recommend staying away from Witchdoctor companions.

The traps have merely 400 health to them. A strike from any companion could destroy it. Just be careful.

Keep Musketeers and Swashbuckler companions alive. Bonnie Anne, El Toro, Monkey King...

Use gear with more health then your current one. It takes longer to die that way, and have maybe a couple heals on hand.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2011

I, personally, had no trouble on either encounter with Bishop. Here are a few tactics to deal with him...
  • For the turrets, either destroy them quick (for they have 400 hp), or run from it. The turret only has a range of 2 or 3, and I think Bishop is a little stupid with the placement of the turrets
  • Take out his minions first unless you can attack multiple targets at once (one of those targets should be Bishop). Either you won't have to worry about Bishop Leeching, or you can make Bishop leech his friend whilst taking it down at the same time.
  • Be careful about using magic, since Bishop has witch hunter. Don't bring any witchdoctors in the battle.
Hope this helped!

Bloody Nigel Templeton, Level 57

Ensign
Apr 25, 2012
I honestly felt bishop was to easy and didn't capture what I think the Armada's difficulty should be. Rooke though was the first boss since Gortez i felt that was a difficult enough in my opinion.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
IAmHugh on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
I honestly felt bishop was to easy and didn't capture what I think the Armada's difficulty should be. Rooke though was the first boss since Gortez i felt that was a difficult enough in my opinion.
Everything has been toned down from where it was in test realm due to all the other players that felt things was not "family friendly" and "overly hard"

Bishop healed alot more often in test which is where taking out his men first came into play. In live he didn't heal near as often so most players i know just went right after him including me.

Ensign
Dec 06, 2012
MrToro123A on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
I, personally, had no trouble on either encounter with Bishop. Here are a few tactics to deal with him...
  • For the turrets, either destroy them quick (for they have 400 hp), or run from it. The turret only has a range of 2 or 3, and I think Bishop is a little stupid with the placement of the turrets
  • Take out his minions first unless you can attack multiple targets at once (one of those targets should be Bishop). Either you won't have to worry about Bishop Leeching, or you can make Bishop leech his friend whilst taking it down at the same time.
  • Be careful about using magic, since Bishop has witch hunter. Don't bring any witchdoctors in the battle.
Hope this helped!

Bloody Nigel Templeton, Level 57
Witchdoctors can help win the battle if they use the magic on the other Armada troops and save any non-magical attacks for the Bishop. One witchdoctor has this "little" :) gun from Rooke that has an epic hit that can take about 1000 points from the Bishop. It also seems that when a spell that hits an area is not directed at the Bishop the spell will do damage without getting the Witch Hunter spell or Retribution from the Bishop.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I beat bishop by having some friends help, friends always help when fighting a boss like bishop