Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Animals you would like to see as crew

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 16, 2011
I'd really like to see a dragon companion. Dragon Prince looked really cool and I was deeply depressed that we didn't get him as a companion or even see what fighting skills he has. But otherwise a lion or panda companions would be cool, yeah.

PS: Would a gobbler be considered as an animal? If so, I would definitely like one on my team.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
A polar bear and a panda bear would be great, wolfs would also be cool

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
I would also love to see a coyote companion. Surely there's plenty more things to see in Cool Ranch that would allow us to encounter a coyote that might be interested in joining our crew.

I'd also like to see one of the wolves from Grizzleheim become a companion.

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 24, 2013 wrote:
You know, I've always wanted KI to take Bats and Scorpions and make some NPC's out of them. I don't exactly count Bat Masterson as a bat just yet as he's a Vampire.

I'd always like to see Chameleons, Anteater, and Aardvarks come in as a crew mate or NPC some time.

Lastly, the Panda! I have always yerned for just one -only ONE- Panda NPC somewhere in MooShu or the Spiral. They're just too cool to pass up.
they have scorpionions i have one on my crew

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
There are both lions and lionesses in Zafaria in Wizard101, so I'd say they are very possible, unless K I is trying not to have too much overlap in the games, same with the wolves from Grizzleheim. I'm not sure if gobblers would be animals, but it could be interesting if we were able to sail to the home world gobblers fled from. If we did, maybe we'd find a gobbler that was in hiding there and it would join our crew.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Someone wants Komodo dragons and a lizard based world.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Bugs seem to have relagated to villian roles in Wizard, but having a butterfly or dragonfly companion would be cool. They'd have their own world, the society would probably be very totalitarian. Our companion would likely be an outcast, but the wings would be gorgeous to look at. And it would fit into any class really.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Cool idea for an insect world and companions. I can imagine a Queen bee dressed in regal robes and crown giving us a quest. Would they be large, or small like the Monquistans? Would they all be dressed, perhaps in wispy flowing elfin outfits, or more like the witchdoctor's companion animals? Given how flashy dragonflies can be I can see that being a cool crew member.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S. mentioned in a Polaris thread that he's like to see Arctic Foxes. That sounds great and could be interesting as crew too. Bonnie is my favorite crew member. Maybe she might meet a suave Arctic fox in Polaris and convince him to join up. Some of us already have El Toro and Savannah as a couple, how about a nice guy fox for Bonnie?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Calamity Finch on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Cunning Finnigan S. mentioned in a Polaris thread that he's like to see Arctic Foxes. That sounds great and could be interesting as crew too. Bonnie is my favorite crew member. Maybe she might meet a suave Arctic fox in Polaris and convince him to join up. Some of us already have El Toro and Savannah as a couple, how about a nice guy fox for Bonnie?
But.... But... That would mess up my friend and I's matchmaking sessions with our companions! XD Messing around, but we do love playing matchmaker with our companions. But, yes, GIVE US AN ARCTIC FOX! Foxes are awesome!

Ciao!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
If we can get a trickster like Monkey King, maybe we could get another great trickster, the Southwest's Coyote.
Don't forget Puck from Shakespeare's "Midsummer Nights Dream" or Southeast Alaska's Raven. Both are fascinating tricksters and would LOVE to see them in the game. Puck is a fun character with multiple incarnations and is someone that you could do a lot with. Raven is a bragging, thieving, manipulative, shapeshifting, lying, clever, resourceful, and all around fun character that could be somewhat hard to deal with, but could bring as much fun, wit, and headaches as Coyote or Puck.
Being both mystical entities, they would probably be witchdoctors (though Puck could be debatable).

Sincerely,

Impish Omar Underwood

Captain
May 16, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
But.... But... That would mess up my friend and I's matchmaking sessions with our companions! XD Messing around, but we do love playing matchmaker with our companions. But, yes, GIVE US AN ARCTIC FOX! Foxes are awesome!

Ciao!
If there was a double or triple yar button, I would have hit it. Fox are so awesome!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Ericrapbattlefan90 had an idea.
"I would like to see more companions and more musketeer companions

a shot gun bunny

a rocket launcher Raccoon

a Pistol Penguin "

Sounds interesting

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
Calamity Finch on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:

a shot gun bunny

a Pistol Penguin "

Sounds interesting
i got the Raccoon Idea from Guardians of the Galaxy.

and the Penguin one just came to me since we have Napoleguin

[lvl 65 musketeer]

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
hmm probably a mander. (i love them, there so funny with there little happy dance)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Here's an idea for Polarus crew, a reindeer crew member dressed in a red and white knit hat with tassels and colorful clothes like the Lapplanders wear in Finland. I think that would be fun, the colors against the brown hair, and the antlers rising up around the hat. It could be girl or boy because both kinds of reindeer have horns. I could see the tassels from the hat getting stuck on the antlers during one of the attack animations, which would be funny. Weapons, not sure what would be traditional for that area and depends on which crew type. It could use hooves to punch with if a buccaneer. Very sharp ski pole for a swashbuckler? A witchdoctor might have a gnarled long staff with charms and a troll doll hanging from it. For a musketeer, some kind of sniper rifle or a traditional type bow.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
I think there should be a "ghost" rat.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
The Undead Obeah on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Don't forget Puck from Shakespeare's "Midsummer Nights Dream" or Southeast Alaska's Raven. Both are fascinating tricksters and would LOVE to see them in the game. Puck is a fun character with multiple incarnations and is someone that you could do a lot with. Raven is a bragging, thieving, manipulative, shapeshifting, lying, clever, resourceful, and all around fun character that could be somewhat hard to deal with, but could bring as much fun, wit, and headaches as Coyote or Puck.
Being both mystical entities, they would probably be witchdoctors (though Puck could be debatable).

Sincerely,

Impish Omar Underwood
Wait... Omar, there's a peculiar witchdoctor in a roleplay that we participate in by the name of 'Raven'. Hmm... Sound familiar to you?

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
If we can get a trickster like Monkey King, maybe we could get another great trickster, the Southwest's Coyote.
On the topic of tricksters, how about Ananse the spider? He's an African character who's really smart, but also lazy, and always hungry. i picture a big Zafarian tarantula with a big belly and colorful clothing. Not sure about class, but witch doctor might work; web traps, summons other spiders (he had sons in the stories), and maybe a close range biting attack.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
Griffen Deverux on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
I would think his badgers would be better and they could yell EEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAA
yes they do yell that in all the books they're in or one of his vermin pirates like rats ferrets stoats ( what ever that is ) or maybe a mouse like martin the warrior or luke and his ship ( martins father ) ya I have read a few of his books
Thank you, Redwall fan! I think it would be neat to have Mathias-like character. he could be a buccaneer, swashbuckler, or privateer. And he already has built in promotion quests: getting the sword and shield, facing Cluny.

Also i totally agree about the badgers. That would be so cool.

Oh, and BTW, a stoat is a sort of rodent that hunts small prey. It's sort of like a mongoose, but smaller, I think.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Indigo Ring on May 31, 2013 wrote:
An orangutan, for one. Actually, in general more apes and monkeys - there is a huge variety to choose from.

A mongoose would be another fun one.

Some big cats, like tigers and lions and leopards (likely if Pirates moves to Zafaria at some point).

Good idea for a thread.

-Indigo.
Silverbacks after one of my favorite characters from my favorite show.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Oh, I'd just love that! Tasmanian Devils would make very efficient Buccaneers for our crew...if they doubt bite the whole crew's heads off. I've been anticpating the day Kingsisle finally goes down under. There's just so much they can do with Australian geography and more importantly: the animals! Kangaroos, Koalas, Wombats, Emus, Wild Dogs, Vipers, and Dingos. Plateaues, the Outback, Red Deserts, the Great Barrier Reef... It's like an idea bouffette! Alas, the Australian-theme doesn't fit or isn't necessary with our Colonial meets Robot take over story or Wizard101's ancient world and all-things-magical themes. But I hold out they look into it as a side story...in 2-3 years...
Yes make a Kangaroo crew member! Pleeeeeeease?! His name could be Jack or Mack if using "Jack" is too much copyright.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
a roadrunner...hehe but also seriously, they could come with first strike as a preset epic.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Gryphin! /my favorite mythical creature! and please make at least one free and not have to be bought with crowns!

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Calamity Finch on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:

a shot gun bunny

a Pistol Penguin "

Sounds interesting
I can just imagine ki making a shot gun bunny that looks like bugs bunny.He would be a bit crazy,and before mordeki tamed him he would be going around,yelling,I GOT A GUN DON'T YOU DARE MESS WITH ME!!!!
Smiling Natalie lvl 51