Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Musketeers

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
Can someone, anyone, please help me figure this out? I absolutely love my musketeers. As a musketeer myself I can buff them up really good, and when most of them have double burst fire, I can't complain. Bonnie Anne is hands down my absolute favorite, with double burst fire, overwatch, double tap coupled with her range she has excellent crowd control. Recently, however, most of my musketeers have been performing noticeably subpar (except Louis for some reason, he seems to be stronger than ever). I have tried multiple methods to rectify this, but even when I use great juju, sky spirit, and call to arms it only seems to get worse. Yes, they critical occasionally but not nearly as much and if they can pull a burst fire chain it's not long until they miss a shot. I have tested them against multiple bosses of different classes and stats and their performance is still consistently subpar, so I'm not sure if it's a stat thing. It may just be because she is my first mate, but Bonnie Anne seems to have taken the biggest hit, she misses every few shots and I actually get scared whenever she pulls a tier one attack. I've already had to demote most of my musketeers and Ridolfo currently stands as my first mate, but this I simply cannot accept or understand. Does anyone know why this is happening and possibly how I can help get them back to their normal amazing selves? This is really starting to bug me. Thanks

Community Leader
Are your Musketeer companions not hitting their targets enough? Or are they hitting, but not doing as much damage as you expect?

As you progress through the game a lot of enemies seem to be heavy on Dodge, so if they're missing a lot you may need to boost their Accuracy.

If they're hitting but not doing as much damage, you may have hit a stretch of enemies with high Resistance. Sparkshooters do magical damage, which is reduced by the target's Resistance. In general enemies resist their own type of damage - magical or physical - better than the other, so the numerous gunslingers in Cool Ranch have pretty high Resistance and lower Armor.

There are a couple of Musketeers using physical damage weapons - Louis LeBisque's harpoon gun, for instance, or Monquistans with crossbows. Those go against Armor instead of Resistance, so gunslingers and other magic-using enemies won't slow them down as much as the sparkshooter folks.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
I get what you're saying, but I do not see how that is the problem. The issue is my musketeers are missing a lot more and when they do hit they don't pull burst fire chains like they used to. If they do pull a burst fire chain, it's usually a bunch of tier one attacks which really scare me because as I said they are prone to missing. For instance, in a battle with Friar Sand I had Bonnie Anne, Lefty, and my ninja pig. I put my usual great juju and then sky spirit. Then for added measure I used call to arms after that, and right after I used that accuracy buff, Bonnie Anne just completely missed Friar Sand, and then Lefty missed him too! my ninja pig then proceeded to destroy Sand with his increased agility and accuracy. I was farming metal guardian with a privateer one time and the privateer used accuracy/dodge buffs galore, as well as that nifty critical buff privateers get. The exact same thing happened, they used a bunch of tier one attacks, and half of them missed. For a while now they have all had the highest accuracy boost talents and they have done fine with that even before I owned the call to arms skill. What concerns me about this is that I am a level 50, and have been for at least a month now. Periodically I have been farming bosses such as Friar Sand, the Guardians, and a few in Cool Ranch that have musketeer items I want. I noticed my musketeers' drop in performance because I know what they were capable of doing to the same bosses in the past. I see the battle as a big equation, with my buffs and the stats and epics of my enemies and well as my companions as variables and my companions' performance as the end product. By that thinking, if none of the variables have changed, then there is no logical reason for this sudden change in performance. The fact that I can't figure out that changed variable actually bugs me more than my companions' performance, because without that knowledge I can not resolve this issue.