Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Old Scratch Fizzle?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
After the new update, Old Scratch occasionally has done this weird spell-cast thing where black smoke swirls around him and he doesn't attack. Is this like a fizzle in W101, or something else?
-Brave Samantha Nightingale lvl 40

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
The Fire Buccaneer on Mar 19, 2013 wrote:
After the new update, Old Scratch occasionally has done this weird spell-cast thing where black smoke swirls around him and he doesn't attack. Is this like a fizzle in W101, or something else?
It is a fizzle.

It did not make sense for enemies to be able to dodge or block mojo, so the update made it so that if mojo "misses" or is "blocked" the result is a spell fizzle.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Yep fizzle!

Ensign
Aug 22, 2012
Community Leader
As part of the last big update, instead of getting blocked by the target like regular attacks do, mojo attacks like Scratch's will now fizzle instead. So yes, the black smoke with no damage is a fizzled spell.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
Ensign
Feb 20, 2009
He really doesn't need such an elaborate action to fizzle when his successful attacks are just a raised wand with a swoosh downward.
The part I really hate is watching Old Scratch fizzle 5 times in a row, the fizzle rate needs tweaked a little.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2012
But i realized than the enemies keep blocking or dodging when he uses mojo for an epic talent like mojo echo. And it's now easy to know when he will fizzle, because he casts a spell, so we directly know.

Noble Nicholas Nichols

Ensign
Mar 23, 2013
At first i thought this was some kind of uncontrollable-short ranged attack. Truthfully, i have never played W101 so i was kinda confused. This has helped alot....

Ruthless Liam Bristol, Level 11