Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An Important Companion Question

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
I am a buccaneer, level 44 now. I started playing Pirate101 sometime in December 2012. At the FrogFather Presido part, I obtained Dead Mike (Undead Pirate) from the dungeon. But, my good friend, Skinny Jessica Yate, also a buccaneer, did not get Dead Mike. She got Tricky Vinnie. I do not understand. We both are buccaneers but got different story companions at the same point. Can anyone explain why this has happened?
Thanks!
Bloody Dino Gordon, Level 44

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Dead Mike is obtained if you choose mutiny for your parent's death, the presidio companions will vary depending on what othe rplayers choose. Now as for your friend's companion, thats not suppose to be a buccaneer given companion, it's bought from the crowns shop for buccaneers.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2012
I belive it has something to do with when your creating your pirate. I think what companions you will get in the future depends what you chose for your pirate. Such as where you grew up at or how your parents died etc.

Ensign
Feb 16, 2011
BugBeef on Feb 23, 2013 wrote:
I am a buccaneer, level 44 now. I started playing Pirate101 sometime in December 2012. At the FrogFather Presido part, I obtained Dead Mike (Undead Pirate) from the dungeon. But, my good friend, Skinny Jessica Yate, also a buccaneer, did not get Dead Mike. She got Tricky Vinnie. I do not understand. We both are buccaneers but got different story companions at the same point. Can anyone explain why this has happened?
Thanks!
You both got different companions because the one you get at the Presido depends on how your parents died when you are making your pirate. Hope this helped.

Ensign
May 21, 2011
The companion you get from doing that dungeon is not based on your class but on what you chose as the way you were orphaned when you created your pirate. Also, there is no way your friend could have gotten tricky vinny from that dungeon as the options are Birgus Latro, Milo Greytail, Gaspard De Vole, Lucky Jack Russel, and Dead Mike. Tricky Vinny is a side quest companion that swashbucklers get but that anyone can buy from the crowns shop after doing the required side quest.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
BugBeef on Feb 23, 2013 wrote:
Thanks!
That is a bug only Swashbucklers can get Tricky Vinnie. Also she should of got the companion that she chose how she lost her parents. If she picked Mutiny she would get Dead Mike. If she picked Sky Squid it would of been Birgus Latro. If it was Shipwrecked she would've gotten Lucky Jack Russell. If she picked Armada she would of got the guinea pig guy I always forget his name. Then finally if she picked storm she would of got Milo.

Sneaky Jonathan L25

Ensign
Nov 17, 2012
The companion you recive at the Frog Father part isn't determined by your class; it's decided by how your parents died. You have Dead Mike, so your parents must have been offed during a mutiny. Mine were too. I don't know which story line leads to Yate. I'm sure someone else will comment and tell you.

Have Fun!

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
That is because the companion you get in the Presido dungeon is not based on your class; rather, how you answered the question 'how you became an orphan' when you created your character. Dead Mike is given to all pirates who answer this question with 'Muntiny'.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Problem is, Dead Mike is a Presidio Companion. Presidio Companions depend on how you were orphaned.

Choose that you were shot down by an Armada ship to get a guinea pig named Gaspard De Vole. (My result)
Choose that you were orphaned by mutiny to get the zombie corsair, Dead Mike. (Your result)
Choose that you were killed by a giant squid to get crab thug Birgus Latro.
Choose that you were caught in a storm to get a rat companion, Milo Graytail.

Meanwhile, Tricky Vinny (Friends' result) is offered by completing the Spicy Rats quest line (A Fair Trade, The Great Infestation, A Spicy Rat Haul). Swashbucklers get him for free, and other classes can buy him in the crown shop for a price of 4495 Crowns.

Mark Laveer, Level 20 Big Sky Scout
"I COULD HAVE BEAT HIM THE FIRST TIME!"-Mark Laveer's insane failure after a connection loss up against Froggo Villa. Still trying...