Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrid weapons and Musketeer

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 13, 2010
Hey all,

I've searched the forums trying to find an answer, but I didn't see anything on this. With Hybrid weapons such as shooty/slashy and shooty/stabby. Does Double Tap trigger for a Musketeer? I just wanted to find out since it's so far into leveling with the class and it would really disrupt my game plan if it didnt.

Developer
skylockwx on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Hey all,

I've searched the forums trying to find an answer, but I didn't see anything on this. With Hybrid weapons such as shooty/slashy and shooty/stabby. Does Double Tap trigger for a Musketeer? I just wanted to find out since it's so far into leveling with the class and it would really disrupt my game plan if it didnt.
Using a Shooty/Slashy will change you from a Ranged character to a Melee character, and Double Tap is not a Melee talent. So no-- at the moment, Double Tap won't work.

But it probably should, if you at least have a shooty weapon in one hand.

I'll take a look.

Thanks for bringing this up, it's definitely some (fun) food for thought!

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Ratbeard on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Using a Shooty/Slashy will change you from a Ranged character to a Melee character, and Double Tap is not a Melee talent. So no-- at the moment, Double Tap won't work.

But it probably should, if you at least have a shooty weapon in one hand.

I'll take a look.

Thanks for bringing this up, it's definitely some (fun) food for thought!
You low down dirty rat scoundrel, I brought that up to you a long time ago... Ugh, so now you get it?

Did I not give you enough cheese ratbeard?