Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Memebership questions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 04, 2013
Hi, I just got membership from the game. I have read many things and I'm paying $10.00 a month for nothing really. We don't even get monthy crowns! Can anyone tell me some more information on the membership, my benefits (and things I get with this membership, some tips, some things on this crown problem, what makes this worth $10.00, and anything else involving membership! Thanks. Has the creator even thaught about the monthly crowns! Like seriously, so far I dont see anyway that this is at all worth $10.00

Administrator
The overview of the differences can be found here.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
DoodleGreg on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I just got membership from the game. I have read many things and I'm paying $10.00 a month for nothing really. We don't even get monthy crowns! Can anyone tell me some more information on the membership, my benefits (and things I get with this membership, some tips, some things on this crown problem, what makes this worth $10.00, and anything else involving membership! Thanks. Has the creator even thaught about the monthly crowns! Like seriously, so far I dont see anyway that this is at all worth $10.00
Remember that if you know you'll be playing for a while, you can get a discount on membership by buying several month's worth at a time. Apart from a few additional benefits you get from membership (larger inventory, bigger friend's list, more chat options . . .), it breaks down to a math equation: does the time I'm going to spend mean that buying every area in crowns will cost me more or less than a subscription? How fast am I going to get through the game? How much do I have to spend on entertainment every month? I break the whole thing down on my blog here, but here's the gist:

If you have a lot of money burning a hole in your pocket but not a lot of time to play each month, buying each area piece meal may be a better option. If you plan on playing 3-4 hours a day, buying each area will end up costing you quite a bit up front. So far, the minimum you could spend, without any sales or deals to open up all the areas of the game is $95. It takes 67,220c to open up all areas. You can make that number less by catching a crown sale, getting is as low as, say $60-70, but with crowns leftover (you've spent $120 to buy two large bundles of crowns when they went on sale, but only $60-70 of that was used to unlock areas in the game). Contrast that to a monthly membership if you know you'll play for a full year: $79.95 (regularly on sale for $59.95). Do the math, figure out what you want out of the game, and you can get the most bang for your buck!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!