Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Farming for Orchid Chamelon @ Level 50

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 30, 2012
Hi guys, I reached Level 50 a week ago. I am at Nautical Level 48.

I got my Celestial Dragon and the White Tailed Jackalope pet as well.

Out of boredom, I have decided to try my luck at farming for the Orchid Chamelon in Skull Island with no luck after several hours.

I tried farming for it with Fin Dorsal in the whirlpool and also at Gullet.

Is there something I'm not doing right? Or its just pure luck? Please advice.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2010
The first time I got the orchid pet here with my privateer I somehow managed to snag two of them and it was off the Crab boss that you have to save the little wharf rat Timmy or such from. I haven't tried to farm such since but I suggest you try there as well?

Community Leader
Yes, it is pure luck.

I am fairly certain that just about every Skull Island boss can drop the chameleon, but it doesnt hurt to farm one thats known to drop it to be sure.

Farming for pets can be an elusive process.

The VERY first time I farmed for an Armadillo, I got one.
Took me about 300 attempts more, to get a 2nd one.

I have a herd of chameleons that I wasnt really even after, lol. Hope they let us free these critters at our homes soon, like in Wizard101!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
I went back to Skull Island around level 30, got a chameleon on the 6th battle with Fin. Switched to my level 13 character, killed him 21 times, nothing. So yeah, it is luck. I would look up any other bosses that are supposed to drop it and try one of those for a change of pace.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
KingKsb on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:

Out of boredom, I have decided to try my luck at farming for the Orchid Chamelon in Skull Island with no luck after several hours.

I've nabbed a orchid pet for all five of my characters plus for others. The best area to farm for level 5-10 loot and rares plus orchid pet is blood shoals. You can run johnny karo near life fountain for ultimate farm or do sammy davies for level 10+ loots and pet right nearby as well. Doesn't matter the level that's the best spot to farm due to life fountain proximty and yum yum fruit. The only thing making it completely perfect is another merchant or free trader there to sell.

Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
hey guys this is loyal james holystone and the best way to farm the chameleon pet is in fin dorsal in the gullet you just need to fight him ten times or less thats wat i did when i didnt have my membershipand ill tell more farming spots to farm the ebon spectre i think you need to go to coopers roost and do the spectre quest and do that every time and youll get it and armadillo verde in santo pollo easy way is in the el toro mansion and also for you who finished the game farm the wood guardian and he gives you a totem an orchid and it gives you a spell to summon a wood treant.

loyal James Holystone,swashbuckler lvl 50

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
It's definetly luck.It took me about 10 times when I was a lvl 9.

Kai Strong-level 12 swashbuckler

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
KingKsb on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:

well i have orchird camleon from samie daves i think when helping my mom so basicly i got it unexpected i also got the ebon spectre (not from crowns shop) i think i won from mooshu and im level 50 to so basicly i wasnt farming it i just got luck we both got it