Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

whats happening

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 11, 2012
so i have two chars and one gets the monqustidor explorer and crazy monqustidaor from the quest while the other has to buy them with crowns. if any one knows why plz tell me.

lvl twenty five swashbuckler, zane kent

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Certain schools will automatically get certain companions during the game, other schools will get the option to buy certain companions from the crowns shop once they have been unlocked during game play.

Ensign
Dec 10, 2008
Different pirate classes (privateer versus witch-doctor, etc.) gain different companions throughout the game. Some companions join for all classes, some only join a specific pirate class.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
bobthebuilder603 on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
so i have two chars and one gets the monqustidor explorer and crazy monqustidaor from the quest while the other has to buy them with crowns. if any one knows why plz tell me.

lvl twenty five swashbuckler, zane kent
I'm going to assume that the two characters have different classes, each class gets a different selection of companions.
For instance the witchdoctor is the only class that gets a companion from rescuing young Jack from Bobby Bones curse in the flotsam skyway
In cool ranch when you deal with the wild bunch once and for all, Privateers get calamity Jane and Wild Bill Peacock, Swashbucklers get Buffalo Bill, Musketeers get Duck Holiday, Witchdoctors get Bat Masterson, and I assume that Buccaneers get Billy the kidd.

So don't worry it'll all come out in the wash.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
The companions you get are different for each class. Well, some companions, anyway. That is why they are in the crown shop for others, so others don't get jealous. :P

Community Leader
Buck's do get Billy the Kidd. I can confirm that

Also, I'm compiling a list on my blog of which classes get which companions from quests. If you see any that I missed or if any are incorrect, please let me know! It's a work in progress and I could use the help of the community.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
I think also the companion you obtain from the dungeon quest of that Monquista fortress for the spices for the Frogfather, that companion I think varies depending on how you said you lost your parents at the beginning. I picked that they went missing going on a treasure hunt and I got the Marleybone dog Privateer companion. I might need to study this a bit more to be sure.

See ye all in the Spiral and Skyways:
Pirate101: Humble Jack Jackson, lvl 13 Buccaneer
Wizard101: Paul Legenddreamer, lvl 79 death
Jack Legenddreamer, lvl 53 balance
Aedan Legenddreamer, lvl 37 fire

Community Leader
Buccaneer Jackson on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
I think also the companion you obtain from the dungeon quest of that Monquista fortress for the spices for the Frogfather, that companion I think varies depending on how you said you lost your parents at the beginning. I picked that they went missing going on a treasure hunt and I got the Marleybone dog Privateer companion. I might need to study this a bit more to be sure.

See ye all in the Spiral and Skyways:
Pirate101: Humble Jack Jackson, lvl 13 Buccaneer
Wizard101: Paul Legenddreamer, lvl 79 death
Jack Legenddreamer, lvl 53 balance
Aedan Legenddreamer, lvl 37 fire
You're right, it does vary based on how you said you parents die. I listed out all the possible outcomes of the starting questions on my blog, which you can see here and they are listed also at Pirate101 Central and various other places.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!