Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questions For Blind Mew

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
To Blind Mew,

I have been reading some of the posts you have made on the message boards and I absolutely love the insights you have provided into the storyline of the game. I have a few questions dealing with characters and certain parts of the story that I was hoping you could answer. I have quite a few questions but I would love it if you could take the time to answer at least one of them. Here they are.

Captain Avery- I feel that Captain Avery is not exactly a trustworthy character. Right from the start he decieves the character and continues to do so throughout the story. So here is my question: Can Captain Avery be trusted? Is it possible that he is decieving us to some extent yet again?

The Mechanical Birds- I found this Valencia side quest line very interesting yet it ended on a bit of a cliffhanger. We never actually learn where these mechanical birds came from or what they are doing. Will this story be continued eventually?

Monkey King- Monkey King has one of my favorite personalities out of all the characters we've met. There is one thing I have wondered about him though. What exactly did he do that got him in so much trouble? Will we ever find out what exactly it is that he did?

Catbeard and the Map- This is just something that confused me a little bit. In the picture of Marco Pollo's crew we see Catbeard. For some reason though we head all the way to Mooshu instead of just returning to Port Regal and talking to Catbeard first. Is there a reason for this?

That's all the questions I have. Thank you for reading this and I hope you can answer a few.

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
I agree about the Catbeard/Pollo map comment. I was expecting Ratbead to chime in at any moment and tell me, "we need to see a Cat about a map."

...and Cret, I trust Avery more than I do Merle Ambrose. Avery is a pirate, so he doesn't know any better, but Ambrose is a headmaster that sends children to do his dirty work and keeps dangerous secrets until they are too late.

Developer
Good questions all!

Avery - well, he is a Pirate, and a very successful one. So straight dealing and honesty is hardly his thing. Some of the fun we wanted to have in Pirate was to make our Merle Ambrose analogue the opposite of the kindly grandfather mentor. My intention is that in Book 4, once the threat of the Armada taking El Dorado emerges, he becomes more of a stand up guy. He doesn't really deceive you after that, I don't think. But you never know...

The Birds - We will absolutely pick them up again, and pretty soon. Unraveling thei mystery will actually lead PCs to some of the most critical elements in the Main Plot. Stay tuned.

Monkey King - Oh how I love him. You think Avery's untrustworthy? I had intended to leave his offenses vague. When researching Journey to the West (the amazing Chinese myth that we drew Monkey King, Sandy, Pigsy, Dragon Prince, and Shunzang from) I found mention that the Immortals had dropped a mountain on him, and loved the idea. I figure he didn't just do one thing - he did a bunch of things, and when the Immortals realized he'd tricked/swindled/embarrassed all of them, they decided to put and end to his trickster ways.

Catbeard vs MooShu - Yeah, that bit got refined as the story went along, and the plot points don't quite add up. There's a line that got left out that helps it all make sense - I'm looking to get it properly inserted soon.

Judging by your questions, you finished the Main Story. Hope you liked it! We are hard at work on the next sections as we speak! Big things are coming.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Blind Mew on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
Good questions all!

Avery - well, he is a Pirate, and a very successful one. So straight dealing and honesty is hardly his thing. Some of the fun we wanted to have in Pirate was to make our Merle Ambrose analogue the opposite of the kindly grandfather mentor. My intention is that in Book 4, once the threat of the Armada taking El Dorado emerges, he becomes more of a stand up guy. He doesn't really deceive you after that, I don't think. But you never know...

The Birds - We will absolutely pick them up again, and pretty soon. Unraveling thei mystery will actually lead PCs to some of the most critical elements in the Main Plot. Stay tuned.

Monkey King - Oh how I love him. You think Avery's untrustworthy? I had intended to leave his offenses vague. When researching Journey to the West (the amazing Chinese myth that we drew Monkey King, Sandy, Pigsy, Dragon Prince, and Shunzang from) I found mention that the Immortals had dropped a mountain on him, and loved the idea. I figure he didn't just do one thing - he did a bunch of things, and when the Immortals realized he'd tricked/swindled/embarrassed all of them, they decided to put and end to his trickster ways.

Catbeard vs MooShu - Yeah, that bit got refined as the story went along, and the plot points don't quite add up. There's a line that got left out that helps it all make sense - I'm looking to get it properly inserted soon.

Judging by your questions, you finished the Main Story. Hope you liked it! We are hard at work on the next sections as we speak! Big things are coming.
Thanks for the great answer

Can't wait for more of the story to come out. I absolutely love the plot so far. I am especially glad to know that the birds will be revisited as that was one of the most interesting (and mysterious) quests in the game.

Keep up the great work!

PS- Yes I did finish the main story as well as every side quest I could find.

Ensign
Jun 14, 2012
I have a question. Like you said the game is updating so there are of course some glitches. I know many people complain about this all the time but since there are so many topics that you can't check all of them so I am asking it now since you have replied here, would you please try to fix the problem with the range with stupendor-x. I mean it would be better if they said something like "This robot is so big it probably can't move very far" and make it so it doesn't say you can go as far in the choosing part, or you could just let the robot go as far as it let's you choose to go on the board/chosing area.