Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pay Gate Locations

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
A frustrating trend recently is while grouping with Crowns players I've noticed that when following the main story line almost all the pay gates begin on a vortex of some sort. This is frustrating, because those group members are kicked out of the group instance, because they have not already purchased the area. As the captain, it is hard for me to tell if a member of my group did not make it in (until after the battle has already started). Is there any way to have the pay gates start away from a vortex or flow naturally from another area when following the main storyline?

Most of the times my group has already finished off the vortex boss, by the time the Crowns player has reloaded funds/paid for area/regrouped after loading funds/ported back.

Community Leader
If I have a group going into a vortex I always stop my ship when you first get into vortex. hit tab and check to make sure everyone got in. You also get a message in chat box saying that a person cannot go to you

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
Paige MoonShade on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
If I have a group going into a vortex I always stop my ship when you first get into vortex. hit tab and check to make sure everyone got in. You also get a message in chat box saying that a person cannot go to you
I tried that once and ended up being engaged by the enemy ship. I left the vortex (to wait for the other player and not finish the quest without them), but it ended up removing the enemy ship completely upon reentering the vortex! I had to wait 30 mins for the vortex "dungeon" to return the ship. I'm not sure if I have internet latency that prevents me from stopping before crossing that magic ring that enemy ships aggro upon (i.e. my internet is a slower, so I end up engaging automatically). Anyways, I will give it another shot on more vortexs.

Thanks for the chat box info. I've been almost exclusively grouping with Crowns players recently, so the chat box has been closed all the time. If I end up stopping in time that will certainly help in identifying if they all made it or not (without tabbing).