Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

RE: Sharktooth Figurehead

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2010
Is the Sharktooth Figurehead from the Boochbeard bundle level-based like the ship itself? I want to know if I can retrieve it now, or if I have to wait until level 44 like the rest of the items in there...

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
You can redeem it at any time. Just make sure your ship is of Pirate origin, otherwise you will not be able to equip that figurehead.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2010
That didn't exactly answer my question. Does the item gain power if you redeem it at a higher level instead of at a lower level. I'd hate to feel I wasted the item's potential by getting it out of the gift storage too early.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Apologies, 0Majestrix0.

The figurehead does not really increase in power, per say. It does provide different attacks at different tiers, and maybe a slight increase in Hull Repair rate, but that is it.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
0Majestrix0 on Nov 13, 2012 wrote:
That didn't exactly answer my question. Does the item gain power if you redeem it at a higher level instead of at a lower level. I'd hate to feel I wasted the item's potential by getting it out of the gift storage too early.
Like all equipment, gear, etc. the figurehead will have a different level to it if you select a higher level when redeeming it. You will only be able to equip it once you reach the level you select for it. Typically the ship will depend on your character level, and the equipment for your ship will depend on your nautical level. You wil only be able to use the figurehead on the appropriate level and class of ship. If you selected a lower level for your ship, then you will not be able to use a higher level figurehead on it: Pirate class skiff requires pirate class skiff level figurehead, Pirate class frigate requires Pirate class frigate level figurehead, Pirate class galleon requires Pirate class galleon level figurehead. If you redeem your figurehead at a higher level than the ship you have, you will need to get a higher level ship of the same class to equip it.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Secondary note to OP --

I believe the figurehead will only go on the size ship from the bundle. If I remember, the size of that ship is the skiff size, but you can put different stats on that ship (tiers 1 - 5), so, what ever level you selected for the ship is the level you will need for the figurehead (tiers 1-5)

Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
For one, the Great Reaver (Sharktooth) Figurehead comes from the Cutthroat Bundle, not the Boochbeard Bundle(s). Also, they are restricted to Frigates (Medium-sized, Pirate-Origin ships). You can purchase a plain Frigate for Gold in the game, but the Frigate you get from the Cutthroat Bundle can be redeemed at higher Tiers and at a level as high as 50.

As for the Figurehead in question, it really depends. The Great Reaver Figurehead does give a better attack card if you redeem it at a higher Tier, but they all do damage depending on the attacking power of the ship it is equipped to. The point in this is that some cards (Such as 'Summer's Breath') do damage equal to '2x' your ship's attack power, and others (Such as 'Cephalopod') do '3.5x' your ship's attack.

You can redeem the Figurehead sooner and it will still be useful by the time you are in Mooshu, but if I were you, I'd redeem the Figurehead at a higher Tier and just buy a 'Thanatos Figurehead' for now; it can be equipped to your Frigate and can still be useful until you are high enough Nautical level for the Bundle item.