Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The class trainer debate hall

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
This place is for the best students of their class trainers to bring out proof amongst their friends to see which class is better. Remember, no foul language in the forums (just a reminder).

Administrator
I changed the title of your thread slightly . . . a friendly debate will always go over much nicer than an argument.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 17, 2009
Buccaneers for sure!

Reasons:
  • You can use Big Choppy Weapons
  • You can take hits
  • High health
  • Strength modifiers (strength of the squid, shark, and whale)
  • I've also been told we even outdamage Swashbucklers

Buccaneer forever!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Ijjob on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
Buccaneers for sure!

Reasons:
  • You can take hits
  • High health

Buccaneer forever!
I'm not so sure. The swashbucklers do have special powers that outrank assassins, perhaps even ninjas, sammoori, clockworks, maybe even Kane himself.

If anything, swashbucklers may not be tough, but at least we think our way through obstacles instead of smashing them down.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I played all characters until level 8 and then went with musketeer simply because it was the most fun for me as I loved the shooty pistols (a hex on pirate101 for replacing my beloved pistols with crossbows, I'm a pirate that goes bang, bang, bang, band and not a fricken assassin). After my musketeer I began playing swashbuckler as the gear I found for it was so abundant and beyond what I could find for any other class, and the swashbuckler has the potential to be a damage and stats leader (damage rules and when the swashbuckler learns mass poison and its spin attack it should be a mass killer). I think in PvP play the swashbuckler is likely to excel as the strongest character class in the game. The musketeer is super fun for me though, so its likely to remain my top choice in what I prefer to play as.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
This is always going to be debated, there are pros and cons for each and every class, things that make them different and special, hence, the different classes.

People find something they really like about each class and decide to play or keep playing that class. Some people like hitting hard, some people like heavy armor, some people like ranged attacks, and some like getting into the thick of things and being all about melee.

The most important part, is you are having fun and connecting with your character!

Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
Swashbuckler
  • Dodges everything

• good damage

• jump

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Quentin Atherton on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:
I'm not so sure. The swashbucklers do have special powers that outrank assassins, perhaps even ninjas, sammoori, clockworks, maybe even Kane himself.

If anything, swashbucklers may not be tough, but at least we think our way through obstacles instead of smashing them down.
Whats the fun of thinking through when you can just smash, smash, and did i mention smash yet? True that buccaneers are slow, unelegant, and simple minded, but we have the heart and courage of steel that will defend against any armada soldier or warship that comes our way.

Captain
May 02, 2009
Buccaneers for sure!

Reasons:
  • You can take hits
  • High health

Buccaneer forever!
As a fellow Buccaneer I, unfortunately, beg to differ. I once used Walk in Shadows followed by a sneak attack and I did well over 1200 damage.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2011
Sup guys so I think swashbuckler I am lvl 48 so far And I am kind of like a pro so I know what is a good school. This is why I think it's the best class. 1.dodge way too much. 2.second most damage. 3have a move to make other moves stronger and become indestructible for a few rounds:walk in darkness ,walk in shadows. 3.they cool looking assassins! 4.got great special ability and also they will soon be able to get riposte which will be boss because we dodge too much and if we dodge we can attack. 4.Yes we can jump but like another reply they smash obstacles we can do that too so yeah you know what I mean. Swashbucklers rule to! Peace and calmly. XD

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
I agree with what was said previously about how ALL classes have their strong points. That being noted, i would nominate privateer at being a pretty dang good class. quite a few reasons why but my favorite are as follows: you get more buffing abilities, this gies ALL companions on your team the chance to shine. Also healing, keeping smasing through and ill just heal myself while my companions do the dirty work. I picture privateers as the board generals. They demand perfection on the field of battle by any means necessary.

now dont get me wrong, I love all the classes, but my favorite is a hybrid of Privateer and Witchdoctor. i have the ability to buff and do damage while staying a physical force on the field

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I have a level 50 musketeer, a level 50 swashbuckler, and a level 40 privateer. I'll take my musketeer over my swashbuckler though my swashbuckler has 150 dodge and walks out without damage most of the time the musketeer will still clear an area faster, takes damage, but never misses. The privateer isn't comparable, its week and its will buffs make no sense at all (only works on old scratch, the privateer companions have will as their highest talent but don't use it in their attacks). I have to give Pirate101 a failing grade when it comes to privateers, I've been playing it and it makes little to no sense at all.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Musketeers rule!
  • Musketeers are awesome cause one we can have a range.
  • They also have a good shot (pun included) at hitting things.
  • They're special abilitys are the cannonball ones.
  • They look darn cool in Cool Ranch. Hope someone finds out what is cool about this sentence. I hope they add stitching soon before I sell my Cool Ranch clothes and move onto Mooshu.
  • One more thing, they're second best to Swashbuckler in PVP.

Musketeer's Rule!

Ensign
Jun 30, 2012
Musketeers,Here Here!

Because...

they can place traps and barracks everywhere

attack from long ranges

AND learn a lot more powers than other classes.

-Cunning Thomas Orleans, A Captain of Musketeers

Ensign
Oct 28, 2011
Hey guys I am back and now lvl 50 from 48.And guys yes I just wanted to say that what I said last time about swashbucklers and so we where talking about obstacles we also use a lot of strength but mostly spirit destroying obstacles with little weapons.Well that's it

Ensign
May 28, 2009
Just a thought, but swashbucklers use melee with agility. Most melee fighters use strength to both make and resist attacks, wich gives an advantage in damage to both guys if they attack someone with a lower score in that ability.

However, lots of epic talents that give extra attacks work only on their own type, so a person fighting their own type might do less damage, but hits more often.

Therefor, because a swashbuckler can use talents like raparte and first attack against other melee types, have high agility to resist ranged damage, and can deal more damage to magic users, I think the nod goes to ye olde engarde.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Buccaneers for sure!

Reasons:
  • You can take hits
  • High health

Buccaneer forever!
There is no possible way that Buccaneers can ever do more damage than a SwashBuckler, sorry, but that just wont happen.

You can train Sneak Attack and Hide in Shadows, get lucky and hit critical and do nice damage, but both of those, you must train from swashbuckler school.

You do have more armor and if you get hit, you do get vengeance, although if you keep training dodgy, you dont get hit much, so that negates the vengance x2 we get.

We do get a bit more health, but nothing to brag about.

Strength Modifiers are broken and even though it displays the correct strength, it never increases your damage, actually it lowers your average hit.

The greatests part of being a buc, is Bladestorm talent, which is awesome! And Kobe YoJimbo, the best companion in the game!