Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The difficulty- a good thing.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
While everyone is complaining about how difficult Book 15 is, I've been enjoying the new lvl of difficulty offered in Valencia part 2.

Before, enemies stood no chance against pirates because of their low amount of epics and lack of powers but now, they actually stand a chance.

The higher lvl of difficulty leads to more planning instead of brainlessly buffing and spamming critical hits.

Because this world requires more strategy, it's more fun than previous worlds and definitely one of my favorite worlds.

I'm hoping book 16 can be just as difficult or even more difficult than Book 15 was.

Lvl 70
Lvl 46
Lvl 16

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
While everyone is complaining about how difficult Book 15 is, I've been enjoying the new lvl of difficulty offered in Valencia part 2.

Before, enemies stood no chance against pirates because of their low amount of epics and lack of powers but now, they actually stand a chance.

The higher lvl of difficulty leads to more planning instead of brainlessly buffing and spamming critical hits.

Because this world requires more strategy, it's more fun than previous worlds and definitely one of my favorite worlds.

I'm hoping book 16 can be just as difficult or even more difficult than Book 15 was.

Lvl 70
Lvl 46
Lvl 16
Well put, Adam Wintersinger! I'm enjoying the challenges presented in Valencia 2, I haven't felt this much engaged in the game in quite a while.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
You are the first person i have seen who enjoys the difficulty. I think, except for a few parts, Pirate101 has been a not very challenging game, and I am glad to finally have an entire world be challenging. As for if Book 16 will be more challenging, I think they'll do what Wizard101 did with Polaris, where we had Khrysalis which was very challenging, followed by Polaris which was pretty easy. ( Khrysalis = Book 15 Polaris = Book 16)

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I think initially, in the test realm, it was maybe a bit too tough. But I am fine with the current difficulty level. I have had to make some adjustment to tactics, but that helps keep things interesting. The crew tend to take forced naps far more frequently than they used to, but no permanent harm there.

All in all, I am quite pleased with the new chapter.

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
The only time the difficulty really got to me was at Lucci villa. I had real trouble there, but once I unlocked Contessa? I was set for the game. She really boosts your team, and I was able to solo everything afterwards save for the Clock Works and The Machine.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
I also enjoy the challenge, I just don't think it should go up from here but I really hope book 16 retains book 15's difficulty

Ensign
Feb 08, 2011
Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
Even though sometimes I think it is unfair, I have to agree. I feel like I am way more into the game now because it is a lot harder and I cant just randomly attack enemies anymore. If I do that I die.

I AGREE!!!