Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

real places in the game

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 24, 2013
i found out all the places real version in pirate 101
Valencia is Italy (i saw the tower of Pisa)
monquista is Spain (it is hot and like Spain plus i read it online)
Aquila is Greece (it has Greek gods)
marlybone is england (it has big Ben)
cool ranch is the wild west a.c.a America (it has cow boys)
mooshu is china and japan (it has ninjas and samooria)
that is all the places so far in pirate 101 that are not 1 quest worlds (dragonspyre) or pirate island
do you know anymore

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
deacon destroyer on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
that is all the places so far in pirate 101 that are not 1 quest worlds (dragonspyre) or pirate island
do you know anymore
Rapa Nui, the native name for Easter Island
Port Regal, based on the town Port Royal, Jamaica, which was destroyed by an earthquake in the late 1600s and was a center of pirate activity.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
do you know anymore
Aquila is Greek/Roman because everyone knows that the Roman adopted most of the greek culture in the beginning of their empire.

Skull island is the Carribean islands, which was the common areas in history where early colonization and all pirate activities took place.

Marleybone is actually obvious because the people from there all have a British accent.

Dragonspyre is actually a huge mystery. Theories suggest that it's like Pompeii only the people there are proud dragon tamers before their world was destroyed by Mother Drake.

Polaris (As mentioned in both p101 and w101), is a combination of Russia and France; with the penguins being french and polar bears being Russian. Many of the historical events there is inspired by the French Revolution (When it involves penguins) but if you pay attention to the Polar bears, you can tell they are Russian.

Rajah (Also mentioned in p101) might be a country in Mirage, which is inspired by the Middle eastern areas where the Arabian nights took place (Like Aladin). Otherwise, it's inspired by India based on the people's outfits and due to the fact that during England's Victorian age they went through a lot of issues with their imperial rule in India.

Grizzleheim (Mentioned in both games) is based on the Gaelic countries where Vikings mostly call home. Albion's culture originated from Gaelic influences (which is why Albion represents Scottland) so it's possible that at some point the people there learn their culture from a Grizzleheim explorer who settled in Albion (Proof to that? The bear in Bestia is wearing a scottland kilt and all foxes from Albion have a scottish accent).

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
Skull Island is definitely the Caribbean, seeing that it is filled with native tribes and fearsome brigands.
Avernus is a tough one .
Polaris might be France or Russia, probably a combination of both.
Krokotopia is Egypt.
Rajah is India.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Most of Skull Island is the Carribean, Tradewinds skyway is the Spanish colonised part and Port Regal is based off of Port Royal which is English occupied Carribean

Monquista is definitely Spain but as to what Tierra Primata is based off, my only guess is Madrid

Aragon skyway in Valencia, I've done my research and I really don't know but my guess is that it is Northern Italy
Calabria skyway is Calabria in southern Italy Altough it has Florenza and the tower of Pisa which is in the middle of Italy but it's definitely Calabria becuase of all the brigands and crab clans (Calabria has a very high crime rate IRL back in the 1970's)

Cool Ranch is based off of the Wild Wild West! Santo Pollo skyway is more about the struggle between Mexico and America so it's more south west, I would speculate Haunted skyway to be more southwest because of its former name Pecos Skyway taking on a more Mexican approach

Mooshu is divided in to different parts of the world
Hamimitsu is based off of China's port which is the only one foreigners can go to
Sujimara again is based off of China's provinces
Khotan is based off of Japan and the struggle that happens when muskets start overtaking bows

Marleybone is obviously based off of England but I am not sure where Westminister would be, maybe the south of London?

Aquila is based off of Both Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome and it makes a really nice world

That's al for now until a new skyway is released

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
do you know anymore
Skull island is the caribbean