Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

BoD & FB

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013
I'm here to mention that "Fog Is OP" debates, will soon be replaced.

Have a good day!

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
By BoD do you mean blast of discord? Just spread out, which you should be doing anyway because of bombs. What do you mean by FB? I will try to help.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013
Oh you got me wrong, I'm not the one will be complaining; I'm just predicting the future. Thanks for the offer though!

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Actually I don't think that'll be the case, I have a WIP thread currently that actually gives some statistical insight on the truth behind how "OP" those powers are, I think you'll be surprised to see the results I came back with and for Firstmate's Boon it'll only see 1-2 of play from a good Privy. I would prefer a Privy to bring 4-6 so I could just rush down all there comps then win because they don't have any Forts.

Click here for the thread

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Tactician0 on Jun 18, 2016 wrote:
Oh you got me wrong, I'm not the one will be complaining; I'm just predicting the future. Thanks for the offer though!
Keep in mind, however, that Blast of Discord's nerfs have already made it not-very-good, at least in a 1v1 match, well not in terms of damage. Although it may be hard to separate in team matches, there's not a very high chance that it will do a lot of damage. From my experience, I've been able to get around 15 hits from Kane dungeon, with 4 people in the dungeon, and it hasn't really been doing a lot of damage.
Firstmate's boon can be countered, however, it seems to be a little specific. I think that it will mostly be used on Nausica or Goro, or any companion that can best utilize it (charges, good amount of damage multipliers, or anything with a lot of raw power), which usually includes some sort of rushing unit, so Ratbeard or anything with Hold the Line will also be quite effective. Purge is also another great option for countering boon. To avoid it, pressuring the opponent is key. Scratch Big Guns are a great way to pressure the opponent, so if they can't find boon R1 they may find themselves forced to separate. Bucks and bucklers can rush them, dropping a unit or 2, or at least force a privy to delay their boon for a little longer.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013