Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What do witchdoctors use?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
Hello, I have a short question about the game. what do witchdoctors use for their attacks? weapon power or spell power this also counts for witchdoctor companions to what do they use? weapon power or spell power I know witchdoctors use spell power but do they use weapon power also?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DeadEye Ethan on Jun 13, 2016 wrote:
Hello, I have a short question about the game. what do witchdoctors use for their attacks? weapon power or spell power this also counts for witchdoctor companions to what do they use? weapon power or spell power I know witchdoctors use spell power but do they use weapon power also?
Spell power + the damage from the weapon ( if using a staffy ) + Will = full damage. ( and any boosts, like Old Scratch or Juju )

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
DeadEye Ethan on Jun 13, 2016 wrote:
Witchdoctors use weapon power when they attack with their weapon

Where as if the witch casts a heal or spell it use spell power

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
Weapon power for normal attacks, Spooky for all powers (single hits, area of effect, summons), Will for both (mainly getting crits with powers)

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
When you are on your Witchdoctor and you are not in a fight or going to be in a fight, hover your cursor over Spell Power and Weapon Power on the Character Screen (press 'c') and you will see where the total Spell Power and Weapon Power comes from. For Witchdoctors, most of the time (probably all the time), your Spell Power will be higher than your Weapon Power. This means that most of the time you will be a more effective fighter if you are using spells which is mostly what you use..