Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wish List for Valencia II - Guinea Pig women

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I have been really enjoying Valencia II, and I think it is a fine piece of work. There are some things though I rather wish were there, and while this might be asking for demanding and time-consuming work, and not practical at all, I am going to say them anyway. So please forgive me if I am asking for the ridiculous (In real life, this happens to me not all that infrequently. Occasionally I do have to admit I just can't do a huge task... by tomorrow!)

So here goes: I would really like to see Guinea Pig females. Oh, I love the Unicorns. They are beautiful! The varying hairstyles, headdresses gowns, and accessories of the Unicorn women (including the variants of the Market women) are just splendid. The Unicorn men are excellently dressed also, with wonderful texture to their lovely fashionable clothing.

But, I think there really should be Guinea Pig women in evidence. Surely there would be female Guinea Pig servants and especially hairdressers, mantua-makers [seamstresses], glovers, fan-makers, etc. Such elaborate clothing of the Unicorns demands a substantial taskforce to provide the materials and support for looking elegant!

I would expect Guinea Pig women to look less hirsute than the males, who have a lot of facial hair; indeed I would think the Guinea Pig females would look more like, well, guinea pigs, with the cute, round faces of the species.

Most importantly, I feel Guinea Pig females should be seen in the Crab tunnels. Here the Guinea Pig population has been forced to live underground - a very important and sobering subplot! The implication of this of course, is that families are living here in this dangerous and unwholesome environment.

Seeing several clusters of Guinea Pig families, both males and females, including perhaps a Guinea Pig woman cradling her baby, would greatly enhance the inherent pathos and emphasize the wickedness and injustice done there. Even the most selfish pirates among us would surely be filled with a desire to help!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 13, 2016 wrote:
I have been really enjoying Valencia II, and I think it is a fine piece of work. There are some things though I rather wish were there, and while this might be asking for demanding and time-consuming work, and not practical at all, I am going to say them anyway. So please forgive me if I am asking for the ridiculous (In real life, this happens to me not all that infrequently. Occasionally I do have to admit I just can't do a huge task... by tomorrow!)

So here goes: I would really like to see Guinea Pig females. Oh, I love the Unicorns. They are beautiful! The varying hairstyles, headdresses gowns, and accessories of the Unicorn women (including the variants of the Market women) are just splendid. The Unicorn men are excellently dressed also, with wonderful texture to their lovely fashionable clothing.

But, I think there really should be Guinea Pig women in evidence. Surely there would be female Guinea Pig servants and especially hairdressers, mantua-makers [seamstresses], glovers, fan-makers, etc. Such elaborate clothing of the Unicorns demands a substantial taskforce to provide the materials and support for looking elegant!

I would expect Guinea Pig women to look less hirsute than the males, who have a lot of facial hair; indeed I would think the Guinea Pig females would look more like, well, guinea pigs, with the cute, round faces of the species.

Most importantly, I feel Guinea Pig females should be seen in the Crab tunnels. Here the Guinea Pig population has been forced to live underground - a very important and sobering subplot! The implication of this of course, is that families are living here in this dangerous and unwholesome environment.

Seeing several clusters of Guinea Pig families, both males and females, including perhaps a Guinea Pig woman cradling her baby, would greatly enhance the inherent pathos and emphasize the wickedness and injustice done there. Even the most selfish pirates among us would surely be filled with a desire to help!
I wonder how much time and effort it would take to do one or maybe two female ( just for variety ) Guinea Pig models? I notice that there is only one kind of Guinea Pig male to two Unicorn males ( courtier & guard ) also the same number of Unicorn females ( with the exception of the lady unicorns in the Trigante cellar ).
In all the worlds we've traveled there are females of each species ( with the exception of the Bison tribes of Cool Ranch ).
Why no female Guinea Pigs?
@ Anne: oh the pathos of the scene you just described! I weep for that Guinea Pig family, poor things!

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Don't forget crab females, too. We have none of those.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jun 13, 2016 wrote:
Don't forget crab females, too. We have none of those.
I did think about that, and there is a Crab woman in this game -- Rosie, over in Jonah Town. But since most Crabs seem to be thugs, it didn't seem to be as important to me that there be noticeable Crab females. I rather imagine Crabs as being very, er, traditionalist, with the males going off and acting as bodyguards, Crabs-at-Arms (those that have legitimate careers) with the others generally harassing the populace in roving gangs, preying on anyone who looks weak. Such thugish, Mafioso-type lifestyle is not usually traditionally associated with females; I imagine Crab females generally expected by their society to be content ruling the home with an iron fist... er, claw.

Sharks, on the other hand... while thugish as well, I imagine quite a different role for Shark females -- but that's another story.

I particularly would like to see Guinea Pig females because it makes much more sense that they would be visually integrated into the predominately Unicorn culture, and because I think it is very important to see their lives at risk being forced to dwell the Crab tunnels (the 'Crabacombs'?) It would be another salient reason to desire to knock Kane over the head in repayment for his wickedness. Sure, planning to destroy the whole Spiral trumps the mistreatment of Guinea Pigs, but that is such a big concept. If you don't reach out for the little problems (though to the Guinea Pigs it is not a little problem) you can't solve the big ones.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I did think about that, and there is a Crab woman in this game -- Rosie, over in Jonah Town. But since most Crabs seem to be thugs, it didn't seem to be as important to me that there be noticeable Crab females. I rather imagine Crabs as being very, er, traditionalist, with the males going off and acting as bodyguards, Crabs-at-Arms (those that have legitimate careers) with the others generally harassing the populace in roving gangs, preying on anyone who looks weak. Such thugish, Mafioso-type lifestyle is not usually traditionally associated with females; I imagine Crab females generally expected by their society to be content ruling the home with an iron fist... er, claw.

Sharks, on the other hand... while thugish as well, I imagine quite a different role for Shark females -- but that's another story.

I particularly would like to see Guinea Pig females because it makes much more sense that they would be visually integrated into the predominately Unicorn culture, and because I think it is very important to see their lives at risk being forced to dwell the Crab tunnels (the 'Crabacombs'?) It would be another salient reason to desire to knock Kane over the head in repayment for his wickedness. Sure, planning to destroy the whole Spiral trumps the mistreatment of Guinea Pigs, but that is such a big concept. If you don't reach out for the little problems (though to the Guinea Pigs it is not a little problem) you can't solve the big ones.
I don't think Rosie is a female, the name may be an Easter Egg reference to "Rosie" Greer, the famous Quarterback ( and BTW, one of his hobbies was needlepoint. )
In Skull Island we see female Rats and Mice fencers, so why not a female Crab? Like Catherine, that cook in Crab Alley?
Oh yes and Sharks, and Bison.
But still, this post is about Guinea Pigs and Valencia 2.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I like this idea and the reasoning. If we literally saw downtrodden families of the guinea pigs, our outrage against the Armada would be exponentially greater.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I saw a Guinea Pig female in the Resistance puppet show, just a quick glimpse of guinea pigs being herded down to the tunnels by Armada soldiers.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010

Agreed, there should be Female Guinea Pigs in the Game as Well

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Developer
I am in complete agreement. As is no doubt readily apparent, Book 15 took some cuts on the way to live. One of them was female Guinea Pigs, both NPC and combatant. If I could have gotten them in, I would have. If given the opportunity, I'll do everything I can to introduce them in the future.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Blind Mew on Jun 15, 2016 wrote:
I am in complete agreement. As is no doubt readily apparent, Book 15 took some cuts on the way to live. One of them was female Guinea Pigs, both NPC and combatant. If I could have gotten them in, I would have. If given the opportunity, I'll do everything I can to introduce them in the future.
hi! well done all! I was on test so long yesterday I didn't even realize it was going live XD
Everything went super-smooth the few tiny things I did notice were barely worth mentioning.. overall I found NOTHING that was a game-stopper.. I am glad yall chose to let it go live :3
on the subject of guinea pig females.. yes they would be lovely but I found myself looking for children.. since they are refugees in a way.. but again its a bucket wish list item only for me.. you went above and beyond to bring this update to us and I'm extremely grateful :,3 to the entire KI team <3333
stormy jen silver