Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stagecoach in Mooshu

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
While I am glad that Cool Ranch has access to the Stagecoach since it is a big world, I think Mooshu is in need of one as well because some of the places are so far away from each other like going from Sacred Mountain to the Lake Of The Rising Sun requires 11,000 foot steps and not to mention, you have to frequently visit all of these places and can't just have them marked. This would also come in handy for side quests since those usually require you to go to many places like El Toro's promotion.

Lvl 65
Lvl 48
Lvl 7
Lvl 6

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:
While I am glad that Cool Ranch has access to the Stagecoach since it is a big world, I think Mooshu is in need of one as well because some of the places are so far away from each other like going from Sacred Mountain to the Lake Of The Rising Sun requires 11,000 foot steps and not to mention, you have to frequently visit all of these places and can't just have them marked. This would also come in handy for side quests since those usually require you to go to many places like El Toro's promotion.

Lvl 65
Lvl 48
Lvl 7
Lvl 6
Less than a three minute sail from Sacred Mountain to Lake of the Rising Sun. There's no need to add a stagecoach in any other world.
Toro's promotion requires just one trip back to Cool Ranch; sailing from Yagizawa to Sujimora is about a one minute sail.
1. mark Sujimora
2. Port to SI
3. Sail to CR. From SI docks to stormgate less than 2 minutes.
4. Cooper's Roost take stage to Santo Pollo. Talk to and promote El Toro.
5. Reclaim mark to Sujimora
Less than 5 minutes round trip.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
The only reason they were added to Cool Ranch was because the amount of sailing gameplay was an absurd amount. I believe Mooshu, while still taking a while to travel, does not have an absurd amount of gameplay.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
I don't think there's much need for a Stagecoach type service in Mooshu because the Skyways aren't that time consuming but I do think it could benefit from a Rickshaw type system for ground travel. The only places I typically use a mount are in Mooshu and some areas of Aquila where there can be a LOT of foot travel. Adding a quick-trip system from point to point on specific islands could be a big help.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:
The only reason they were added to Cool Ranch was because the amount of sailing gameplay was an absurd amount. I believe Mooshu, while still taking a while to travel, does not have an absurd amount of gameplay.
This was horribly worded so allow me to redo what I said

The only reason they add a stage coach to Cool Ranch was because the amount of sailing was absurd. I believe that in Mooshu, while still taking a while to travel to locations, does not have an absurd amount of sailing.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Now do I remember Anecorbie recording the times of travel from certain places to each other
Now while they are relatively quick a stagecoach could still be beneficial because of all the travel on foot
Sure it's quick to sail there but your not just going to stay at the docks
No you're not, you're going to half to walk all the way to a temple of some die reaction of wind which is easily longer than the sailing times

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SpellBinder Darius on Jun 9, 2016 wrote:
Now do I remember Anecorbie recording the times of travel from certain places to each other
Now while they are relatively quick a stagecoach could still be beneficial because of all the travel on foot
Sure it's quick to sail there but your not just going to stay at the docks
No you're not, you're going to half to walk all the way to a temple of some die reaction of wind which is easily longer than the sailing times
Why does our travel have to be faster? Do you want teleport hubs as they have in W101? May I remind you, we're not wizards, popping from place to place isn't something we do. Pirates ,historically, were not land based and very few had ( or even knew how to ride ) a horse.
Use a mount if you're weary of foot travel.

Ensign
Apr 07, 2011
I think it would be very nice to have stage coaches/teleport stones/ teleporters in all of the worlds,

it takes soooo long getting around the place in Pirate101.

, In my opinion...

Ensign
Apr 07, 2011
anecorbie on Jun 9, 2016 wrote:
Why does our travel have to be faster? Do you want teleport hubs as they have in W101? May I remind you, we're not wizards, popping from place to place isn't something we do. Pirates ,historically, were not land based and very few had ( or even knew how to ride ) a horse.
Actually that's a good point.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Cool Ranch need that feature, due to it's huge size it takes a long time to sail from point a to point b prior to this update feature. It was a nightmare to most of our fellow pirates to navigate this huge world in the olden days. A lot of players my self inculded, have to find a short cut in the wind lane, just to shorten the trip and it was a risky sailing.The only thing it gave, for those who choose to battle it out are extra ship expirences, gold and other loots. ( and some memerable ship and boardside combats ). Thankfully stage coach came to the rescuce and make travling a breeze,unless your one of the pirates my self inculded.Still travel the old fashioned way for nestolgic ( or a more imerssive ) expirences. Either way this is a huge and in my opinon exciting world.

Moo Shu in my opinon, may benifit from this feature it's a big world after all.

The rest is not necessary, Skull Island is not that long to navigate in my opinon. It would be very funny if a stage coach was place in a small world like Valenica 1, in my opinon.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Personally, I usually enjoy sailing more than I do the running. If teleporters were added to places like from Icy Dock to the Tower of Moo Manchu, that would be a good idea, but I disagree that Pirates shouldn't have to sail their ships very much. Most of us have other windows open at the same time and use those few seconds to check on new posts, etc.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
anecorbie on Jun 9, 2016 wrote:
Pirates historically are not land based so what I am saying is that we could have a ground stage coach of sorts in some places of Mooshu becuase there is a load of walking

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
I was thinking a water taxi would be more appropriate, but yes, would be nice to have something, so much back and forth there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SpellBinder Darius on Jun 10, 2016 wrote:
Pirates historically are not land based so what I am saying is that we could have a ground stage coach of sorts in some places of Mooshu becuase there is a load of walking
If a teleport hub ( or similar ) were implemented, there would be a chance of the player to skip areas which may contain a NPC quest giver ( as on the Paths of Penance. )

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
anecorbie on Jun 10, 2016 wrote:
If a teleport hub ( or similar ) were implemented, there would be a chance of the player to skip areas which may contain a NPC quest giver ( as on the Paths of Penance. )
I don't see that as such a big deal because not everyone side quests and people will not always use the stage coach unnecessarily

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SpellBinder Darius on Jun 12, 2016 wrote:
I don't see that as such a big deal because not everyone side quests and people will not always use the stage coach unnecessarily
"...and people will not always use the stage coach unnecessarily."
When was the last time you deliberately chose to sail through all Cool Ranch's skyways? If it's implemented it will be used whether necessary or not, people are inherently lazy. ( Even me. )
This is why we have mounts with "fast" as their description.