Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Creator in the crown shop

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
An idea that I think would work out well for everyone is the ability to create your own companion in the crown shop. Let me explain: One of the things that makes this game so popular, is the ability to build your crew throughout the game. A lot of people buy companions out of the crown shop, which makes Kings Isle a lot of money. If you had an option in the crown shop to create your own companion, Kings Isle could make that option cost a little bit more, which would make you more money. Then players can make someone in their crew. Things you could put in this to help the players make their companions are things like: what species they are, what class they are, what kind of armor they have, and other things like that. I just wanted to throw out the idea and say what a big success this could turn out to be for everyone!

Ensign
May 01, 2012
As fun as an idea like this would be, there is NO WAY it is ever going to happen. This would require an extensive modeling service that would allow multiple mixes and matches of body parts which would also require animations to be CUSTOMIZED for EACH customized companion. Simply put: Making customizable companions would take an absurdly long amount of time and effort that may not even lead to success.

Ensign
Mar 24, 2012
joeyman280 on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:
An idea that I think would work out well for everyone is the ability to create your own companion in the crown shop. Let me explain: One of the things that makes this game so popular, is the ability to build your crew throughout the game. A lot of people buy companions out of the crown shop, which makes Kings Isle a lot of money. If you had an option in the crown shop to create your own companion, Kings Isle could make that option cost a little bit more, which would make you more money. Then players can make someone in their crew. Things you could put in this to help the players make their companions are things like: what species they are, what class they are, what kind of armor they have, and other things like that. I just wanted to throw out the idea and say what a big success this could turn out to be for everyone!
I also think that, instead of armor, you could choose a faction like samoori or red sash. Imagine Kobe Jimbo in banditoad clothes.

Ensign
Mar 29, 2010
Davy Jones on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:
As fun as an idea like this would be, there is NO WAY it is ever going to happen. This would require an extensive modeling service that would allow multiple mixes and matches of body parts which would also require animations to be CUSTOMIZED for EACH customized companion. Simply put: Making customizable companions would take an absurdly long amount of time and effort that may not even lead to success.
Totally agree with Davy Jones on this one.

I'd much rather the KingsIsle staff work on lengthening the game to explore new spiral worlds and give us more adventures. Their time is precious. Let's not waste it :)

Ensign
Jun 13, 2012
That's true, ellie golden hearts :-)