Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Baar Epics?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Hi! So I'm thinking about trying to get baar over the summer (do you think that 60k crowns will be enough? around 150 packs), and I was wondering about his epics. On central, it says he gets 3 epics upon purchase, but also states that they restricted the amount of epics after the Summer 2015 update. So does he still get 3 epics and the epics that he gets at levels 15, 35, and 55? Also, will he get all three reduces and tide 3? Thanks.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Celestialmaster147 on Jun 3, 2016 wrote:
Hi! So I'm thinking about trying to get baar over the summer (do you think that 60k crowns will be enough? around 150 packs), and I was wondering about his epics. On central, it says he gets 3 epics upon purchase, but also states that they restricted the amount of epics after the Summer 2015 update. So does he still get 3 epics and the epics that he gets at levels 15, 35, and 55? Also, will he get all three reduces and tide 3? Thanks.
I don't have Baar so I can't be of too much assistance

But regarding wether 60k crowns will be enough to recieve him, it can be.
You won't necessarily get him from all those crowns but it's a 50/50 chance that you will be dissapointed with the result

Ensign
Mar 24, 2012
I really believe you would be able to get Barr better with 100k crowns. If you get him, max out his relentless as quickly as possible, it is awesome.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Celestialmaster147 on Jun 3, 2016 wrote:
If you try to get Baar, be prepared to get every other Bear Companion before you actually get the one you want. There is no guarantee he would be the first to appear, he could very well be the last -- the total packs could be closer to 200-300.

As for his Epics, you would get the choices at 15, 35 and 55 rather than choosing three upon recruitment, and he does promote twice so you would get epics at those points as well, I believe. Unfortunately, his wiki page is definitely incomplete regarding his full choice selection. I'm not sure what you mean by "three reduces."

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Thanks. I pretty much gave up on getting Baar as I got Yohr within around 10,000 crowns, but nothing but Hoggles and pet snacks for the next 80,000 crowns that I spent in it. I instead settled for Temujin, who is basically a Baar without the summons, 2 less reduces, and Tide 3. However, he is still really good with his super and reduces. Oh, and Temujin is much cheaper and seems to be pretty good so far :). Thanks for all the advice anyways.