Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"KI Logic" Luck in the PvP Community

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
So i'm a big fan of PvP but almost forced to quit due to luck.
One big reason is being some powers never showing up on my deck (only at the very end game, like on my Witch i never get forts, on my bucaneer never get my revives),
And also enemy chains that should be impossible.

I was againt a privateer who had his Zang Cha (Lvl 66) who got a full relentless chain and 2 criticals, when i had a whale's might on. The same match his Ratbeard (Lvl 65), got 3 supers, in 3 turns. (I was in Elusive 3, Tide 2 and Krakens Coils)

Then on my witch against the same Privateer, my Temuujin had a Shark's Fury on when he charged with an Egg Shen (With Call to Arms buff on, and also reduced with Buccaneer's Strike), and he got an almost full relentless chain and a super.

I just wanted to suggest you make the "Luck" lower, because that clearly isn't 5%, that's 50% luck. I'm just sad that i can't get any fair matches, because the "Luck" chance is so incredibly high. Everyone would be more happy if it was less.. Thanks again

- iMagician

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
imagician26 on May 28, 2016 wrote:
One big reason is being some powers never showing up on my deck (only at the very end game, like on my Witch i never get forts, on my bucaneer never get my revives),

I was againt a privateer who had his Zang Cha (Lvl 66) who got a full relentless chain and 2 criticals, when i had a whale's might on. The same match his Ratbeard (Lvl 65), got 3 supers, in 3 turns. (I was in Elusive 3, Tide 2 and Krakens Coils)

Then on my witch against the same Privateer, my Temuujin had a Shark's Fury on when he charged with an Egg Shen (With Call to Arms buff on, and also reduced with Buccaneer's Strike), and he got an almost full relentless chain and a super.

I just wanted to suggest you make the "Luck" lower, because that clearly isn't 5%, that's 50% luck. I'm just sad that i can't get any fair matches, because the "Luck" chance is so incredibly high. Everyone would be more happy if it was less.. Thanks again

- iMagician
You were up against a Privateer, you know how they have buffs galore, how is this "luck"? Maybe you should look at how you're geared, your companions and strategy.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
Prives have a silly amount of buffs, like corbie mentioned

Accuracy +25%
Accuracy-Dodge +25%
Accuracy-Dodge +50%
Crit +5%
Crit +10%
Those being the best and most likely the ones they used

Best thing I'd do if I were a Bucc against a Prive, spam all my damage reduction buffs until their companions' buffs run out, when it runs out use your Reckless Frenzy against the Player and/or their Musks if they have any

Also, let your character take damage and block them with Hold the Line while using strong Musks (Zeena, Bonnie, Billy the Kid) to hit them with crit + burst fire chains.

But what do I know, I've only done 1 pvp match

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
imagician26 on May 28, 2016 wrote:

- iMagician
If that's the case then it was 50% luck for your opponent too. I fail to see how changing luck is going to benefit anyone in any way except equally... so, what would be the point?
I'd wager to say that you've had this scenario play out exactly the opposite way where nearly everything went in your favor. That's the way luck works.

Ensign
Aug 24, 2013
Imagician didn't say the privateers companions had any buffs on besides call to arms. He's completely right, not only about privy, but almost all the time there is something lucky, not based on stats, that shouldn't happen. As a Buckler, i could have a buff from riposte 3, a toro buff, be in elusive 3, and still not dodge a full chain from a reduced buck. That was just an example, but things like that happen. What else would you call this besides luck? Cause it's clearly not stat based.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
"Everyone would be more happy..." if there was a lower luck? I don't agree. Changing the chance/luck factor would effect everyone equally so how is that going to "fix" anything?
Everything is based on luck. Luck = the chance for one of several possible outcomes to occur. That's why the possibilities are indicated in percentages. It's the degree of chance that something will happen. The more the "chances" are evened out the less challenging and entertaining the game will become until eventually it will come down to - who is the most powerful/who gets the first hit...and we'll not have to worry about chances at all. Your hit will always be successful and will always do X-amount of damage - period! Your opponent's hit will always be successful and will always do X-amount of damage - period! If it's a relatively even match then it will come down to who goes first. Soon it will be just as broken as Wizard101 PvP!

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Eelarc on May 31, 2016 wrote:
Prives have a silly amount of buffs, like corbie mentioned

Accuracy +25%
Accuracy-Dodge +25%
Accuracy-Dodge +50%
Crit +5%
Crit +10%
Those being the best and most likely the ones they used

Best thing I'd do if I were a Bucc against a Prive, spam all my damage reduction buffs until their companions' buffs run out, when it runs out use your Reckless Frenzy against the Player and/or their Musks if they have any

Also, let your character take damage and block them with Hold the Line while using strong Musks (Zeena, Bonnie, Billy the Kid) to hit them with crit + burst fire chains.

But what do I know, I've only done 1 pvp match
Also, there are no privateer buffs that affect relentless and burst chains. Thr majority of the buffs are 10 or 5 round buffs, so they'll naturally outlast the majority of your protrction buffs, leaving you defenseless late game while the privy is still sitting there with four or five forts and shroud. We have elusive 3, so you can't really frenzy us and out high health and a fort will allow frenzy to bring you down to probably around half when we have more than half due to shroud. Also, Nausica, one of the most commonly used companions can counter 2 of the three with grit and burst chains.
I seriously think that KI has to change the luck factor. I have been hit but super hidden assassins when the buckler was reduced by ratbeard and he was reduced in critical.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Celestialmaster147 on Jun 2, 2016 wrote:
Also, there are no privateer buffs that affect relentless and burst chains. Thr majority of the buffs are 10 or 5 round buffs, so they'll naturally outlast the majority of your protrction buffs, leaving you defenseless late game while the privy is still sitting there with four or five forts and shroud. We have elusive 3, so you can't really frenzy us and out high health and a fort will allow frenzy to bring you down to probably around half when we have more than half due to shroud. Also, Nausica, one of the most commonly used companions can counter 2 of the three with grit and burst chains.
I seriously think that KI has to change the luck factor. I have been hit but super hidden assassins when the buckler was reduced by ratbeard and he was reduced in critical.
Well you can effect the outcome of relentless by buffing the companion or yourself with the stat you use