Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Snacks and Power

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
I've made myself a chart to indicate what snacks boost the power level for all of my different pets so I can try and make sure I add to the pets' power bar every time I feed one. When you mouse-over a snack it will highlight the boost it will provide to Strength, Will, Agility and Health but typically the Power level boost won't be shown. I've always figured this was intentional so we'd have to figure it out by trial and error. But this morning when I was training and feeding pets I happened to notice, quite by accident, that during one particular feeding the snack (or one particular snack) was highlighting a +2 Power boost. When I saw this my first assumption was that I had been missing this all of this time... and I was so excited about thinking I'd never have to go back to my chart again that I just fed the +2 power snack to the pet and moved on to the next one. In my haste I didn't pay attention to what pet I was training and what snack was highlighting the power bar...
Now, I can't seem to duplicate this. It's puzzling me to no end. Was this just some random glitchy occurrence or can someone clue me in as to what might have happened? My gut feeling says it might have been some "rare" high level snack because I had a few at the time that I'd gotten from drops in Aquila. I don't know why that should make any difference as to how the stat-grants would display but the Spiral works in mysterious ways. A "Crowns only" snack maybe? IDK
(Edit: I found that ALL level 6 and above snacks provide a +1 or +2 energy boost to ALL pets so this might have been what I saw... looking for more level 6+ snacks to see.)
-also-
On a different note... has anyone noticed that with a max-level pet, even with maxed out energy, there's still an entire empty space next to "Mega" in the pet's level bar? Is it possible that "Ultra-level" might be introduced at some time in the future? And with it the migration of "jewels" from the Wizard side? Jewels make much more sense in P101 than they do in W101 because so much could be done with "specialized" jewels. The idea of "Grants Talent" jewels makes me drool in my Despertatoes.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
TucsonWizard on May 19, 2016 wrote:
I've made myself a chart to indicate what snacks boost the power level for all of my different pets so I can try and make sure I add to the pets' power bar every time I feed one. When you mouse-over a snack it will highlight the boost it will provide to Strength, Will, Agility and Health but typically the Power level boost won't be shown. I've always figured this was intentional so we'd have to figure it out by trial and error. But this morning when I was training and feeding pets I happened to notice, quite by accident, that during one particular feeding the snack (or one particular snack) was highlighting a +2 Power boost. When I saw this my first assumption was that I had been missing this all of this time... and I was so excited about thinking I'd never have to go back to my chart again that I just fed the +2 power snack to the pet and moved on to the next one. In my haste I didn't pay attention to what pet I was training and what snack was highlighting the power bar...
Now, I can't seem to duplicate this. It's puzzling me to no end. Was this just some random glitchy occurrence or can someone clue me in as to what might have happened? My gut feeling says it might have been some "rare" high level snack because I had a few at the time that I'd gotten from drops in Aquila. I don't know why that should make any difference as to how the stat-grants would display but the Spiral works in mysterious ways. A "Crowns only" snack maybe? IDK
(Edit: I found that ALL level 6 and above snacks provide a +1 or +2 energy boost to ALL pets so this might have been what I saw... looking for more level 6+ snacks to see.)
-also-
On a different note... has anyone noticed that with a max-level pet, even with maxed out energy, there's still an entire empty space next to "Mega" in the pet's level bar? Is it possible that "Ultra-level" might be introduced at some time in the future? And with it the migration of "jewels" from the Wizard side? Jewels make much more sense in P101 than they do in W101 because so much could be done with "specialized" jewels. The idea of "Grants Talent" jewels makes me drool in my Despertatoes.
After further investigation I've found that my assumption was evidently correct... when you mouse-over high level snacks they do indeed give you a preview of the amount of boost they'll give to the Energy bar.
P.S. - and some of them give a +3!! Maybe more... don't know yet.