Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Danger Zones

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 16, 2011
Howdy!

I know this is a bit late, and certainly can't make it into the new update, but my renewed interest in this game at one of the most perfect moments can only get me so far. As the title suggests, I'd like to introduce Danger Zones. What are Danger Zones? In a battle board/fighting grid/whatchamacallit there are certain areas enemies can reach you, and certain areas they can't. I suggest that locations enemies can reach you should be highlighted in some way, shape or form. This could simply be a small color change. I believe an addition such as this will add a whole new plane of strategy to Pirate101, which could be a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it. I personally would like for this to be implemented, but it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

Let me know what you think.

~ Hank

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Thunder Hawk on May 17, 2016 wrote:
Howdy!

I know this is a bit late, and certainly can't make it into the new update, but my renewed interest in this game at one of the most perfect moments can only get me so far. As the title suggests, I'd like to introduce Danger Zones. What are Danger Zones? In a battle board/fighting grid/whatchamacallit there are certain areas enemies can reach you, and certain areas they can't. I suggest that locations enemies can reach you should be highlighted in some way, shape or form. This could simply be a small color change. I believe an addition such as this will add a whole new plane of strategy to Pirate101, which could be a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it. I personally would like for this to be implemented, but it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

~ Hank
In battle or outside of it?

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Howdy!

~ Hank
Wouldn't that render melee enemies useless?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Howdy!

~ Hank
There are a lot of variables that would have to be considered in order for the game to highlight a danger zone. Are there ranged-attack enemies? Do any of them have the Sniper ability or ranged AoE spells/attacks? If any of those things exist it will render the highlighted "zone" basically worthless. Being in range of a ranged-attack will, in effect, mask whether or not you're in range of any melee attackers unless you take it a step further and have different highlighting for each potential attacker.
Way too much going on for something that should be easy enough to figure out on your own. If you can hit them, maybe they can hit you.

Captain
May 16, 2011
@Silver Angel - In battle.

@SpellBinder Darius - For the first two turns at the most.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Thunder Hawk on May 18, 2016 wrote:
@Silver Angel - In battle.

@SpellBinder Darius - For the first two turns at the most.
Being able to prevent melee enemies from reaching for 2 turns, I could do so much damage to them in that time, basically once again rendering them useless in combat with danger zones