Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How we will beat Kane

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Ratbeard on May 20, 2016 wrote:
Oh, I'm aware.
This is why we begin inventing a sarcasm detector

Ensign
Aug 08, 2010
Silver Angel on May 18, 2016 wrote:
Fine by me, but remember the king can only move one tile at time :P
Actually, this is not always true. There is a move called "castling" by which a king moves two squares, and then a rook moves two or three squares to be on the king's opposite side. Now, I know Rooke, capital "R", is scrap, but like the little green man said, "always two there are". In chess there are two rooks, and I suspect that Kane had one as his commander for attacking the enemy, and one in reserve as something like captain of Kane's bodyguards. Kane is a savvy player, and I'm sure he keeps forces in reserve in case he has to go on the defense.

Developer
that charming roug... on May 23, 2016 wrote:
Actually, this is not always true. There is a move called "castling" by which a king moves two squares, and then a rook moves two or three squares to be on the king's opposite side. Now, I know Rooke, capital "R", is scrap, but like the little green man said, "always two there are". In chess there are two rooks, and I suspect that Kane had one as his commander for attacking the enemy, and one in reserve as something like captain of Kane's bodyguards. Kane is a savvy player, and I'm sure he keeps forces in reserve in case he has to go on the defense.
Just one Rooke left over?

Are you so sure?

I mean, if we're talking the particulars of chess, one should probably take pawn promotion into account, too.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
That would make Rooke lame IMO

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Very true, had forgotten about that :)

Ensign
Aug 08, 2010
Ratbeard on May 23, 2016 wrote:

Are you so sure?

I mean, if we're talking the particulars of chess, one should probably take pawn promotion into account, too.
Oh, just reading this post has me hearing ominous and foreboding music . Are more elites waiting in the wings?

Ensign
Aug 08, 2010
SpellBinder Darius on May 24, 2016 wrote:
That would make Rooke lame IMO
I don't mean Kane has a second Rooke, I mean that he has another big scary clockwork elite who acts as his bodyguard when Kane goes out into the field. Leaving your king unprotected is a bad idea in chess, and I have no doubt that Kane is smart enough to keep himself protected. I'm not trying to forecast a replacement Rooke, but I don't think Kane and his clockworks have shown us their full hand yet.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Just finished playing through the test realm on my friend's account and the toymaker mentions he discovered two parts of that solid-gold monster he describes, which you will hear about when you get there eventually. Yet basically through the mind and heart that was developed through the monster of solid gold in El Dorado, the toymaker assumed the mind's role and placed it into Kane giving him unreplicable amounts of knowledge and sorts, and assuming they can dispatch the heart into Kane and allow him to generate Empathy and such, and well yeah. As far as I know anyways.

Ensign
Aug 08, 2010

Are you so sure?

Regarding the promotion, people typically choose queens or occasionally knights. Promoting to a rook is really just shorting yourself since a queen does everything the rook does and more. However, I just realized what that translates to in pirate, so please disregard this comment.

Community Leader
Actually, Rooke had a move called "Castling"... its described like this in the Wiki... (and had nothing to do with a King)

"When next to any of his troops, they will "Castle" or give each other increased armor"

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Aug 08, 2010
Dr Zeppers on May 25, 2016 wrote:
Actually, Rooke had a move called "Castling"... its described like this in the Wiki... (and had nothing to do with a King)

"When next to any of his troops, they will "Castle" or give each other increased armor"
I remember that, but that doesn't mean that Kane can't have a move related to castling too, maybe one that has more to with the spirit of castling, having some kind of protector appear in front of Kane when people get into melee range.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
though I really really love this castling move you guys are dreaming up, in MB rooke does "castle" but its different meaning.. gah I need to replay that.. XD I forgot his cheats now.. carry on XD
stormy jen silver

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
Ratbeard on May 18, 2016 wrote:
I think technically he's a Construct.

And thanks for reminding me. I should probably go back and give him immunity to critical hits...
IMMUNITY TO CRITICALS, NO WAY AND I THOUGHT GENERAL TSO WAS IMMORTAL!!!!
Sorry about the yelling Ratbeard but I was thinking, How about Kane being a privateer rather than a swashbuckler and switch classes with Queen, And I come up with a power for ONLY KANE CAN HAVE, Counter Clockwise, similar to Rooke's Rookochet power and kane can be hard for witchdoctors when having Witch Hunter Rank 3 included.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Polaris4two on May 27, 2016 wrote:
IMMUNITY TO CRITICALS, NO WAY AND I THOUGHT GENERAL TSO WAS IMMORTAL!!!!
Sorry about the yelling Ratbeard but I was thinking, How about Kane being a privateer rather than a swashbuckler and switch classes with Queen, And I come up with a power for ONLY KANE CAN HAVE, Counter Clockwise, similar to Rooke's Rookochet power and kane can be hard for witchdoctors when having Witch Hunter Rank 3 included.
"He can have witch hunter 3"

No, please no

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SpellBinder Darius on May 29, 2016 wrote:
"He can have witch hunter 3"

No, please no
I bet he will, or something similarly nasty ( remember Rooke's & Bishop's reaction to spells? ) Immunity to criticals is what should be expected from a high - level boss like Kane ( FS3, also ) He doesn't seem to have ranged firearms, so maybe no over watch, true grit, burst fire ( ugh ) or quick draw.
Is he a Privateer? Then expect everything a max level has ( and more ). What about the newest Powers/Talents available? Could he have those?
None of us should expect this fight to be easy or even half way challenging - if this is to be The Fight, then it's going to be hard!
And remember he'll have the back up of 2 of his Court, what do they bring to the Battleboard?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on May 29, 2016 wrote:
I bet he will, or something similarly nasty ( remember Rooke's & Bishop's reaction to spells? ) Immunity to criticals is what should be expected from a high - level boss like Kane ( FS3, also ) He doesn't seem to have ranged firearms, so maybe no over watch, true grit, burst fire ( ugh ) or quick draw.
Is he a Privateer? Then expect everything a max level has ( and more ). What about the newest Powers/Talents available? Could he have those?
None of us should expect this fight to be easy or even half way challenging - if this is to be The Fight, then it's going to be hard!
And remember he'll have the back up of 2 of his Court, what do they bring to the Battleboard?
Kane will have the backup of two of his Court (both significant adversaries on their own), and he might have the backup of Phule. Sure, it seems as if Phule is acting behind Kane's back and helping us out for his own advantage, but...

Captain
May 16, 2011
anecorbie on May 29, 2016 wrote:
"He doesn't seem to have any ranged firearms"

Hopefully that's not what Ratbeard wants us to think, so that he can reveal Kane's sword is also a gun. Or at least that he's hiding a pistol.

I can imagine Kane having trumps against any class, giving him True Grit 3, Vengeance Strike 3, and Witch Hunter 3 (what's the Witchdoctor version of Vengeance Strike?). I can also see him having Hold the Line 4, Trap Sense 3, Repel Borders 4, and other nasty tricks.

~ Hank

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
Thunder Hawk on May 30, 2016 wrote:

Hopefully that's not what Ratbeard wants us to think, so that he can reveal Kane's sword is also a gun. Or at least that he's hiding a pistol.

I can imagine Kane having trumps against any class, giving him True Grit 3, Vengeance Strike 3, and Witch Hunter 3 (what's the Witchdoctor version of Vengeance Strike?). I can also see him having Hold the Line 4, Trap Sense 3, Repel Borders 4, and other nasty tricks.

~ Hank
Actually, Witch hunter is like First Strike, but it decreases the weapon power of the target, in addition, it gives the user more magic resistance for one turn.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Polaris4two on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:
Actually, Witch hunter is like First Strike, but it decreases the weapon power of the target, in addition, it gives the user more magic resistance for one turn.
Yep, I know. That's why I asked what the Witchdoctor equivalent of VS is.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Jun 7, 2016 wrote:
Yep, I know. That's why I asked what the Witchdoctor equivalent of VS is.
Intuition is more of a First Strike for Witchdoctors (as well). Retribution, however, is the magic version of Vengeance Strike.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Thunder Hawk on May 30, 2016 wrote:

~ Hank
Regarding the Witchdoctor version of Vengenance strike which I have only seen on the crab hermit it is retribution
I don't like the idea of a sword gun but he might be immune to musketeers, explains why no one has just assassinated him with a sniper rifle like Bonnie Anne was tasked to do so to Rooke in her 2nd promotion quest

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009

Are you so sure?

Trollololol, Ratbeard, trollololol.
JK .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dark angel dstroye... on May 16, 2016 wrote:
Remember the puppet show about the armada where avery says that Kane is "stronger, faster and smarter than any... living being"? Take the words living being: We're going to build a clockwork with the toymaker to beat Kane.
It's strange that your suggestion was the actual story that KI writers were going to use; until they had to rewrite and shorten the story line.
You were right and we were wrong! Well speculated!

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
Ok, I have a theory, but be warned:
This is gonna have huge, Pangaea-sized spoilers on Valencia part 2.
Play Valencia part 2 before you read this, ok?

So, you know how at the end of Valencia part 2, Kane says he wants to go to El Dorado because he needs to make himself perfect? Well, my theory is that we are gonna arrive at El Dorado while he is perfecting himself, and we strike him while he is weak and unfinished. Keep in mind, he will still be stronger than he was in his complete first body, the difference is that since he isn't finished, he will not be all that armored, so that is how we hurt him.

So, how do you like my theory? It is still only one out of many possible theories, it is just the one I think is true.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheSpiderBozz on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:
Ok, I have a theory, but be warned:
This is gonna have huge, Pangaea-sized spoilers on Valencia part 2.
Play Valencia part 2 before you read this, ok?

So, you know how at the end of Valencia part 2, Kane says he wants to go to El Dorado because he needs to make himself perfect? Well, my theory is that we are gonna arrive at El Dorado while he is perfecting himself, and we strike him while he is weak and unfinished. Keep in mind, he will still be stronger than he was in his complete first body, the difference is that since he isn't finished, he will not be all that armored, so that is how we hurt him.

So, how do you like my theory? It is still only one out of many possible theories, it is just the one I think is true.
Love your theory, and its very possible as we don't know where the Golden Mind was sent.
Remember how Kane said he was going to El Dorado to meet "the true creator of my being"? I'm hoping that whatever it was that made the Golden Mind takes one look at Kane and squashes him like a bug! Of course this isn't likely to happen, but I can hope, right?