Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How we will beat Kane

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 24, 2013
Remember the puppet show about the armada where avery says that Kane is "stronger, faster and smarter than any... living being"? Take the words living being: We're going to build a clockwork with the toymaker to beat Kane.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dark angel dstroye... on May 16, 2016 wrote:
Remember the puppet show about the armada where avery says that Kane is "stronger, faster and smarter than any... living being"? Take the words living being: We're going to build a clockwork with the toymaker to beat Kane.
Well, maybe... or maybe not. This supposedly "super" being has a weakness. We still have to find out what that weakness is and exploit it.
Kryptonite vs Superman.

Ensign
Mar 17, 2013
Not just that, the undead also classify as "not living" ;).

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
Oh 1 problem with that. (Not going to spoil it for you)

Lvl 65
Lvl 36
Lvl 8
Lvl 7
Lvl 6

Ensign
Aug 08, 2010
I don't think a clockwork is the answer. Instead, we need to either come at him from a weak point, which everyone has, or from somewhere he won't expect. Maybe Kane has a flaw or a fault somewhere we can exploit, or maybe his "Great Machine" has a weak point we can use against him, a la Death Star, Beachhead, etc. Instead of fighting fire with fire, let's fight fire with a rainstorm.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Well, 'Dark Angel', that is a logical 'fight fire with fire' sort of idea, but I don't think that it would really solve the problem if someone were to make an automaton even faster, stronger, smarter than Kane, because:

a) the new automaton might think it wiser to join up with Kane than fight against him.

b) even if the new automaton starts out with good intentions, it might well become as corrupt as Kane. I'm making an educated guess (hinted at by the Armada puppet show) that Kane too started out well.

As Esperanza says, Kane has a weakness, and our mission is to find out just what this weakness is... a weakness beyond huge heaping spoonfuls of arrogance, that is.

Developer
The Lineeyed Swash... on May 16, 2016 wrote:
I think technically he's a Construct.

And thanks for reminding me. I should probably go back and give him immunity to critical hits...

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Ratbeard on May 18, 2016 wrote:

And thanks for reminding me. I should probably go back and give him immunity to critical hits...
Fine by me, but remember the king can only move one tile at time :P

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

AARrrrrrrgggghhhhh!
I swear by Bartleby, if you give him FS3......! ( or Scent )

Captain
Sep 19, 2012

loving the challenge sir yes! give us something to sink our teeth in, and if pvp nerf-whiners kick in well maybe nerf him come fall >:B for a special birthday week gift..
stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
The Lineeyed Swash... on May 16, 2016 wrote:
No Yum for you.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012

haha funny joke ratbeard that was a joke right?

Ensign
Aug 24, 2013
I completely see your points and thanks for replying. I believe i didn't further explain correctly. The toymaker knows how to beat kane, he made kane as we now know from the celestial being. Avery says kane is the strongest fastest smartest etc. In a certain quest in Aquila, zeus says something along the lines as we are killing off "good" clockworks. Something like that haha. So it would only make sense that the only thing we might beat kane with are clockworks. Maybe we dont make one, maybe one joins our side because the queen and kane are ruthless who knows. Also I doubt we'd use an undead to beat him, because the only undead companion we all get (all classes) is scratch. Scratch doesnt seem like the sort to take on kane, imo. But hey, comment your thoughts and thanks.

Captain
May 16, 2011

Oh. Oh my...... I bet that's just a lenient ability of his.

On a side note, that means Kane is in the works, no? Perhaps in Book XV with a supposed-to-lose fight?

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012

Woah there no need to be devious.....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Koi the Fish on May 18, 2016 wrote:
Woah there no need to be devious.....
But devious is what he does best......

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
dark angel dstroye... on May 16, 2016 wrote:
Have you figured that our parents will help us in some way? They are dead after all....as in not LIVING. Kane may be stronger, smarter, and faster than any 'living' being, but our parents are dead.....and incredibly, I'd wager a guess as to who the endgame reward companions will be. We may not get a clockwork, but I think our parents will be our final 1st story arc companions.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on May 19, 2016 wrote:
... Not to mention, "nefarious"

Yup, Ratbeard, bring it on! Looking forward to it.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
anecorbie on May 19, 2016 wrote:
I've always thought it was blowing stuff up.

Ensign
Aug 08, 2010
dark angel dstroye... on May 18, 2016 wrote:
I completely see your points and thanks for replying. I believe i didn't further explain correctly. The toymaker knows how to beat kane, he made kane as we now know from the celestial being. Avery says kane is the strongest fastest smartest etc. In a certain quest in Aquila, zeus says something along the lines as we are killing off "good" clockworks. Something like that haha. So it would only make sense that the only thing we might beat kane with are clockworks. Maybe we dont make one, maybe one joins our side because the queen and kane are ruthless who knows. Also I doubt we'd use an undead to beat him, because the only undead companion we all get (all classes) is scratch. Scratch doesnt seem like the sort to take on kane, imo. But hey, comment your thoughts and thanks.
Hephaestus, the immortal of smithing and craftsmanship, complained that we destroyed so many "well-wrought" clockworks. He's an immortal, he could care less about the clockworks alliance, he just appreciates the engineering and is mad we smashed so much. Also, I'm pretty sure Blind Mew said that he wants to keep the clockworks unified against us because it gives them a better evil vibe, like stormtroopers in the original trilogy.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
dark angel dstroye... on May 18, 2016 wrote:
The undead could always just be an ally

Blind Mew does say his role will be resurrected in the books to come after Aquila because in Marleybone he does lose out, he could definitely assist with the idea of an undead ally

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
warriorscreed on May 19, 2016 wrote:
Have you figured that our parents will help us in some way? They are dead after all....as in not LIVING. Kane may be stronger, smarter, and faster than any 'living' being, but our parents are dead.....and incredibly, I'd wager a guess as to who the endgame reward companions will be. We may not get a clockwork, but I think our parents will be our final 1st story arc companions.
They may help us by giving us advice, they may even join the battle as allies, but I highly doubt that they would be companions.
Seriously, do you want your Mom and Dad on board your ship, telling you what to do?

Developer
Silver Angel on May 18, 2016 wrote:
Fine by me, but remember the king can only move one tile at time :P
Oh, I'm aware.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Ratbeard on May 20, 2016 wrote:
Oh, I'm aware.
You know, Ratbeard, somehow when you make what seems like a perfectly reasonable answer, it sounds quite... sinister

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on May 20, 2016 wrote:
Oh, I'm aware.
Yea but the Queen can go as far as she wants in any direction.