Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New companion yay!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Hi once again kingsisle showed something great looks like some lucky class or all not sure will be getting a female unicorn companion yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wish test realm was out I also wonder what other companions we are going to get see you all soon

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
I just saw it!! Contessa seems like a really cool companion. Most definitely a swashbuckler. Side quest companion or main story one? That's the million dollar question. Can't wait!! C'mon KI! MORE TEASERS:)

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
silver swordcoral on May 12, 2016 wrote:
Hi once again kingsisle showed something great looks like some lucky class or all not sure will be getting a female unicorn companion yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wish test realm was out I also wonder what other companions we are going to get see you all soon
Where was this shown? Could this be an universal recruit?

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
silver swordcoral on May 12, 2016 wrote:
Agreed completely and in the video her epic hit did so much damage really looking forward to Contessa

Ensign
Mar 12, 2009
Yes! I thought this companion looked so cool. I always loved the unicorns.

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
anecorbie on May 12, 2016 wrote:
I found a quick clip of this companion on the twitter page.

I also saw the mothers day picture from K I and it seems to me that Erica the red is our mother as she is circled with a heart for mothers day. ( of course an assumption)

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
It was shown on pirate101's Twitter and you should see the damage she did with her hit talk about a super companion

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Wow she does seem pretty cool, it doesn't look like she has any critical music yet though, still I can't wait to see more of her

If your wondering where to find her just look on Pirate101 Facebook or Twitter

Ensign
Mar 12, 2009
This was shown on KI's twitter. She looks like a female version of ridolpho capoferro

Ensign
Mar 17, 2013
She might not be a companion though, as the the KI tweet kinda implies.
Her name is Contessa apparently, which is a term for an Italian countess. I remember Blind Mew saying that this story update would focus less on the Armada, more on Valencia's society. Contessa might be a "morally ambiguous" unicorn countess we have to defeat in order to advance the story. This also hinges on the fact that she appears to be fighting Birgus Latro, or his mob likeness. It could be the latter case, but KI usually doesn't reuse assets like that, with non-native enemies in worlds usually bearing a significantly different likeness than the same species of enemy in their home world. Although, I very well could be wrong, she could be like Ratbeard or Monkey King, where she's an enemy at first before she joins our crew, only way to find out is to wait for test realm.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
The Lineeyed Swash... on May 13, 2016 wrote:
Her name is Contessa apparently, which is a term for an Italian countess. I remember Blind Mew saying that this story update would focus less on the Armada, more on Valencia's society. Contessa might be a "morally ambiguous" unicorn countess we have to defeat in order to advance the story. This also hinges on the fact that she appears to be fighting Birgus Latro, or his mob likeness. It could be the latter case, but KI usually doesn't reuse assets like that, with non-native enemies in worlds usually bearing a significantly different likeness than the same species of enemy in their home world. Although, I very well could be wrong, she could be like Ratbeard or Monkey King, where she's an enemy at first before she joins our crew, only way to find out is to wait for test realm.
She's a companion she has agility boost marks floating around her and if you look closely at the background you see a gang of crabs watching so that crab isn't birgus Latro

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
jeffreyskullpants on May 12, 2016 wrote:
I found a quick clip of this companion on the twitter page.

I also saw the mothers day picture from K I and it seems to me that Erica the red is our mother as she is circled with a heart for mothers day. ( of course an assumption)
What is circled is actually our mother on the El Dorado photo

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
The Lineeyed Swash... on May 13, 2016 wrote:
She is definitely on our side in some form during that clip, from what I did see briefly I saw a pack of crabs looking like the one she was attacking running around the place so those crabs are definitely enemies in what appears to be catacombs?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
silver swordcoral on May 14, 2016 wrote:
She's a companion she has agility boost marks floating around her and if you look closely at the background you see a gang of crabs watching so that crab isn't birgus Latro
Couldn't an enemy boss use agility boosts? That's not proof that she's a companion.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I like the idea of female bosses.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

(Hi Esperanza! )

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
anecorbie on May 14, 2016 wrote:
Couldn't an enemy boss use agility boosts? That's not proof that she's a companion.
I honestly have no idea I thought that only pirates and companion could do that but I might be wrong but I still think she looks like one

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
anecorbie on May 14, 2016 wrote:
Maybe so, but that battle really doesn't look like a boss battle, also most of the evidence points to her being on our side in some form as I mentioned above

To add has anyone seen the picture on one of the fan sites which shows a unicorn who looks a lot like Contessa in a villa with another Unicorn and a monkey? Maybe it's where we accept her quest and recruit her?

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
If you notice underneath Contessa, there is a semi-transparent circle. This circle is located underneath all of the companions that you have in battle. It has never been under an enemy.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Ensign
Mar 17, 2013
SpellBinder Darius on May 16, 2016 wrote:
Maybe so, but that battle really doesn't look like a boss battle, also most of the evidence points to her being on our side in some form as I mentioned above

To add has anyone seen the picture on one of the fan sites which shows a unicorn who looks a lot like Contessa in a villa with another Unicorn and a monkey? Maybe it's where we accept her quest and recruit her?
Hmm, this got me thinking.....
I think Falmea said something about needing to go to a monquistan dressmaker, it could be possible that we sneak into Valencia through this monquistan dressmaker, probably having to have another gortez quest along the way.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Grizzley117 on May 16, 2016 wrote:
If you notice underneath Contessa, there is a semi-transparent circle. This circle is located underneath all of the companions that you have in battle. It has never been under an enemy.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
And then I realize that's all the proof we need!

Even more completing proof is that there are 2 different photos of Contessa at the moment and they both have different colour schemes so she will go by the look of your flag obviously

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
The Lineeyed Swash... on May 16, 2016 wrote:
Hmm, this got me thinking.....
I think Falmea said something about needing to go to a monquistan dressmaker, it could be possible that we sneak into Valencia through this monquistan dressmaker, probably having to have another gortez quest along the way.
Wow, nice pick up there, I wager this will play a role in the story somehow