Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship Criticals

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
So I was wondering, since P101 introduced a new system of how we critical. Having three stages of it, where damage scales with each stage and each one getting a different animation. Why not implement a critical system for our ships as well? I admit I have an obsession when it comes to my ships. Naming, decor, and especially gear.

So my idea is whenever we launch an attack, both via figure heads and horns, there's a certain percentage of that attack being a critical. This could also be applied to when we heal our ship.

Now, i'm not sure if there were to be a critical system, that it would be like how us and our companions crit. (Epic, Mega, Super) Or like W101's critical system. Where the damage/heal would simply just double. My bet being W101's system.

By the way, got this idea while fighting Banditoad Ships.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
WizardryMastery on May 8, 2016 wrote:
So I was wondering, since P101 introduced a new system of how we critical. Having three stages of it, where damage scales with each stage and each one getting a different animation. Why not implement a critical system for our ships as well? I admit I have an obsession when it comes to my ships. Naming, decor, and especially gear.

So my idea is whenever we launch an attack, both via figure heads and horns, there's a certain percentage of that attack being a critical. This could also be applied to when we heal our ship.

Now, i'm not sure if there were to be a critical system, that it would be like how us and our companions crit. (Epic, Mega, Super) Or like W101's critical system. Where the damage/heal would simply just double. My bet being W101's system.

By the way, got this idea while fighting Banditoad Ships.
It's a great idea
I think maybe our ships cannons could increase critical chance and maybe some cannons could give a garuanteed critical hit?
There is still a lot to be done with ship combat so every suggestion helps