Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Gear?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Hi everyone, been a while since I posted. I took a break from Pirate101 a bit, and I was playing Wizard101 (my Storm is 52 and my Death is 23), but since I saw KI live, my hopes have returned, the shards picking themselves up and coming back to me! I can't wait for Valencia part 2! But anyways now to the main subject (lol).
In Wizard101, there are gems that could increase your wizard's stats on some of their equipment. What if, in Pirate101, we can give our companions those gems, like one for their weapon and one for their uh... Clothing I guess you can say. It can increase the the classes specials (Ex. Sarah is a Swashbuckler. Swashbucklers have high damage and high dodge, so the gems could increase those stats for her). Or it could increase the entirely weak points of the class. (Ex. I'm pretty sure Sarah doesn't have good armor or magic resist so, the gems can increase these stats). So, you may be wondering: how can we get these gems? Well, they could come from boss battles, boss ships, and maybe even from regular battles. But, how about there be gems that increase all parameters of a companion! They could come from quests that would be given by your trainer.
Well, I would be very glad to hear all of your ideas and opinions!
Merciless Richard Chamberlain Lvl 65
Fearless Richard Chamberlain Lvl 65
Charming Richard Nightingale Lvl 65
Merciless Richard Nightingale Lvl 65
Reckless Richard Chamberlain Lvl 65

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Yes, I have suggested this before but it wasn't really agreed with

My idea is a bit different to yours I thought that it could be a ring and totem slot for our companions for example you could farm count brastillo design brass for a ring which gives return fire?

Still either way it goes I think this is an amazing idea that needs to be added to the advanced companions update

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I have suggested this before but it wasn't really agreed with

My idea is a bit different to yours I thought that it could be a ring and totem slot for our companions for example you could farm count brastillo design brass for a ring which gives return fire?

Still either way it goes I think this is an amazing idea that needs to be added to the advanced companions update
Thanks!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Merciless Richard ... on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
Hi everyone, been a while since I posted. I took a break from Pirate101 a bit, and I was playing Wizard101 (my Storm is 52 and my Death is 23), but since I saw KI live, my hopes have returned, the shards picking themselves up and coming back to me! I can't wait for Valencia part 2! But anyways now to the main subject (lol).
In Wizard101, there are gems that could increase your wizard's stats on some of their equipment. What if, in Pirate101, we can give our companions those gems, like one for their weapon and one for their uh... Clothing I guess you can say. It can increase the the classes specials (Ex. Sarah is a Swashbuckler. Swashbucklers have high damage and high dodge, so the gems could increase those stats for her). Or it could increase the entirely weak points of the class. (Ex. I'm pretty sure Sarah doesn't have good armor or magic resist so, the gems can increase these stats). So, you may be wondering: how can we get these gems? Well, they could come from boss battles, boss ships, and maybe even from regular battles. But, how about there be gems that increase all parameters of a companion! They could come from quests that would be given by your trainer.
Well, I would be very glad to hear all of your ideas and opinions!
Merciless Richard Chamberlain Lvl 65
Fearless Richard Chamberlain Lvl 65
Charming Richard Nightingale Lvl 65
Merciless Richard Nightingale Lvl 65
Reckless Richard Chamberlain Lvl 65
That seems cool, but for people like me (Max level privateer who bought a few companions and Handsome Dan)
That would be just as much as a pain as training them all (I am 2 away from having 4 pages)

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
darkmoordude on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
That seems cool, but for people like me (Max level privateer who bought a few companions and Handsome Dan)
That would be just as much as a pain as training them all (I am 2 away from having 4 pages)
That's true, but maybe you can use the gems on companions who you want to and you can use the gems on companions you're sure you're going to use in PVE and mostly PVP.