Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best Class for Book 15+

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
So I know a lot of people are going to be wondering 'What is the best class going to be' now obviously we can't predict this with 100% certainty due to the possibility of new epics being introduced possibly a rank 4 for epics added, etc. With all these 'possibilities' we're clueless. But what we can do is break down which class will naturally be the strongest just due to an increase in the level cap!

The strongest contender for the #1 class spot for Book 15 is by far Privateer.

Why? Well let me explain:

Privateer has always been the most diverse class, as they are based around there companions as long as they have the top tier companions they will always be the 'Middle Tier' class at worse. While also having those bombs for amazing early game tempo they can deal a load of damage from a distance. The final thing that makes them stand out for this spot is there high health and heals. Heals are quiet rare and unlike Wiz where you can multiply them with shuffles heals on Pirates are 1 of a kind meaning you need to get as much "Value" out of them as you possibly can!

Also as we increase our level our health will go up meaning healing a % base of our health with heals will become even stronger because as we go further into the level cap Privateer will slowly become stronger just naturally as they will just become more of a tank type class.

As you can probably look into the past during the early lvl 50 pvp days and early lvl 65 days Privateer were just always good. There a class that isn't favored (unlike lvl 65 just due to the sheer amount of buffs) but they're just well built in all the formats so far. I would be surprised if this changed.

So this is my OPINION and SPECULATION of what the best class will be at the start of this new content release. So if you're not sure what class out of all 5 to lvl first. Level a Privateer and thank/hate me later! :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TechnomagePvP on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
So I know a lot of people are going to be wondering 'What is the best class going to be' now obviously we can't predict this with 100% certainty due to the possibility of new epics being introduced possibly a rank 4 for epics added, etc. With all these 'possibilities' we're clueless. But what we can do is break down which class will naturally be the strongest just due to an increase in the level cap!

Privateer has always been the most diverse class, as they are based around there companions as long as they have the top tier companions they will always be the 'Middle Tier' class at worse. While also having those bombs for amazing early game tempo they can deal a load of damage from a distance. The final thing that makes them stand out for this spot is there high health and heals. Heals are quiet rare and unlike Wiz where you can multiply them with shuffles heals on Pirates are 1 of a kind meaning you need to get as much "Value" out of them as you possibly can!

Also as we increase our level our health will go up meaning healing a % base of our health with heals will become even stronger because as we go further into the level cap Privateer will slowly become stronger just naturally as they will just become more of a tank type class.

As you can probably look into the past during the early lvl 50 pvp days and early lvl 65 days Privateer were just always good. There a class that isn't favored (unlike lvl 65 just due to the sheer amount of buffs) but they're just well built in all the formats so far. I would be surprised if this changed.

So this is my OPINION and SPECULATION of what the best class will be at the start of this new content release. So if you're not sure what class out of all 5 to lvl first. Level a Privateer and thank/hate me later! :)
Here we go with the "best class" debate, and I've had enough of this boasting and grand standing, when it's obvious that ALL classes have their powers/talents that make them playable & solo-able in this game!
Yes, Prvies are versatile, and Bucks are strong, muskets have ranged, witches have nasty spells both ranged and melee & bucklers are known for doing massive damage.
My take on the best class for book 15 will be ALL of them!
BTW, all my pirates of all classes are maxed & ready for the challenge.

Ensign
Aug 27, 2012

The Privateer is the last class I choose to level up and I have nearly maxed him out and I can say that I am very pleased with him, using the Admirals Bundle outfit, the Axe of the Minotaur Lords, Tecnomage's Glasses and the Sprocket Key, Manticore's Sting(with Repeal Borders) and a good pet(grants Blade Storm) he is unstoppable. I use the first few rounds to buff up and drop bombs, I then charge and demolish my enemies. I rarely use heals because I rarely need them, my companions have so much armor and dodge they are rarely hit with any real damage. My favorite class is still my Musketeer but I'm starting to switch my preference. Old Scratch's boost helps me on both characters but I need him on my Musketeer to be considered OP and in PvP the enemy knows that and kills him quick, especially Buccaneer's with their charges, but even though when I am on a team with witches I always use Old Scratch he isn't essential to my Privateer.

Till I max out my Privateer(probably later tonight after I write this) and try him out in PvP,
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65 / Lvl 64

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013

I have to agree
To me Buccanners and swashies are sort of reaching their peak of powers unless KI gets really creative

Musketeers could have something unique in store but I wouldn't call them to strongest class for the update

Witchdoctors are a wild card you never know what one of their powers could do in PvP

As with Privateer, I pretty much see the boom to value as garuanteed

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
It depend on your preferences as a player in pirates, regrading the best class.

Personally I am more than happy to play as a again, since last April.

Then again as a , also maxed to make things interesting on the next book.

Anyway as a , she is nearly maxed level and nearly done with Marylebone.

As both s and , and my second account characters ( 3 in all ) have a long way to go.

It's your choice as a player in other to choose the best class, in summary.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
anecorbie on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
Here we go with the "best class" debate, and I've had enough of this boasting and grand standing, when it's obvious that ALL classes have their powers/talents that make them playable & solo-able in this game!
Yes, Prvies are versatile, and Bucks are strong, muskets have ranged, witches have nasty spells both ranged and melee & bucklers are known for doing massive damage.
Well I should've added this: 'Best class' doesn't mean it's the best by all means nothing can top it or beat it. To me a class that is the 'best' is the most consistent class in both areas of the game as in what it can develop for the future update and how well it's history has been for this as well as pvp.

Every class does and will have there pros/cons, but it doesn't mean a specific class will see play less because of an update the only difference is what class will see MORE play and this is the class.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Maybe a bit of a premature discussion. Hard to say which class would be the "best" without even getting a glimpse at possible new powers, companions, gear and the like. All a class needs is one super strong power to go from bottom of the barrel to top dog.

This is what makes the coming update so exciting. It will be interesting to see just how much the new stuff changes PvP. If a class like Musketeer or Buccaneer get a power as strong as Black Fog for example, then expect them to jump higher. Meanwhile a class like Privy might not get anything useful, making them fall behind a bit. Not to mention any other twists or turns KI might throw our way. Until we at least see the test realm, this discussion is pointless in my opinion.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
I don't know, but I think a musketeers traps are more influential then their "range" and are worth mentioning. With traps one can control the battlefield. Traps make soloing a breeze. I was able to dominate the Hydra the first time I fought him (it was solo), and I owe it to my barricades and my bombs (overwatch 3 didn't hurt either). I'm a complete pvp noob, but I've had some easy pvp matches with my musketeer because I was able to force my opponents to take a very unfavorable route. Of course I usually get wrecked by the experienced pvper.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Alex Hawkins on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
Maybe a bit of a premature discussion. Hard to say which class would be the "best" without even getting a glimpse at possible new powers, companions, gear and the like. All a class needs is one super strong power to go from bottom of the barrel to top dog.

This is what makes the coming update so exciting. It will be interesting to see just how much the new stuff changes PvP. If a class like Musketeer or Buccaneer get a power as strong as Black Fog for example, then expect them to jump higher. Meanwhile a class like Privy might not get anything useful, making them fall behind a bit. Not to mention any other twists or turns KI might throw our way. Until we at least see the test realm, this discussion is pointless in my opinion.
The idea of the thread was simply to introduce a prediction or taking the facts of what we have now and experience from the AQ+MB expansion to predict the outcome of the top dog before hand. This also opens up a discussion thread for the topic when it comes to hand during the first few weeks of the test realm.

I completely agree that we can't be pointing fingers with complete certainty until we see the final results in Test ourselves and changes as they come along but think of my post more as a hypothesis or prediction for now. :)