Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

DISCUSSION: How would a p101 movie work?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Now, this isn't a suggestion. It's a discussion on if it would work. Anyways, I personally think it probably wouldn't be very good because it would be a movie about a game ( We all know how those turn out ) I mean look at the angry birds movie. You notice something? Yeah, they gave them bodies. Which in my opinion ruins them. I mean, that's what the angry birds are known for. The only way they move is jumping and launching off of a catapult. Plus we've seen no sign of the blue birds except for one picture on the wiki. There probably would only be 4 pirates instead of 5 because most game movies don't even have a major character. For example: Some secondary protagonists that are completely optional: Major role. Some characters that are in and can not be scribbled over: Not even in the movie/Replaced with someone who doesn't exist in the game/A background character/Mentioned once on a newspaper. So, you are free to have your own opinion on this. This is just mine.

When I would throw the artichoke heart, Zhane would go after it. So I put it on Kane's head. You may say that's impossible. But that's Zhane's dream ever thursday -Darkmoordude

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
It'd have to work to everyone's liking. Maybe a vote on the lead class, and the script could be a challenge, since the player can't be silent.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
It'd have to work to everyone's liking. Maybe a vote on the lead class, and the script could be a challenge, since the player can't be silent.
Or they could just make it like the Gregory horror show where it's first person and the character doesn't speak

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I'd rather a Pirate101 film be about the lore of the Spiral and how pirates fit into it instead of the pirate's story against the Armada. You can't tell me that you're not curious about the origins of some worlds (Cool Ranch in particular, for me) and how they all fit together. Something like that would free up the scripting ability; instead of it being about one particular character, it'd be multiple stories woven together and it would eliminate the awkwardness of choosing one class over another and other challenges presented in making a film about one particular pirate fighting against the clockworks.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
MistyDragon13 on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
I'd rather a Pirate101 film be about the lore of the Spiral and how pirates fit into it instead of the pirate's story against the Armada. You can't tell me that you're not curious about the origins of some worlds (Cool Ranch in particular, for me) and how they all fit together. Something like that would free up the scripting ability; instead of it being about one particular character, it'd be multiple stories woven together and it would eliminate the awkwardness of choosing one class over another and other challenges presented in making a film about one particular pirate fighting against the clockworks.
I agree. Personally I'd like some more lore about the spiral.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Update: I don't think they should cause they would have to cut it into quite a few different parts. The shortest world is over an hour.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
More than likely, the easiest way to create a movie about Pirate101, would be to write an origin style story. Instead of focusing on the hero pirate and their travel through the different worlds along the Spiral, the movie plot could be about Captain Avery, his last few days during the Polarian War and the founding of Skull Island. All events taking place long before the hero pirate ever arrives at Skull Island.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
CdeWinter on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
More than likely, the easiest way to create a movie about Pirate101, would be to write an origin style story. Instead of focusing on the hero pirate and their travel through the different worlds along the Spiral, the movie plot could be about Captain Avery, his last few days during the Polarian War and the founding of Skull Island. All events taking place long before the hero pirate ever arrives at Skull Island.
Yes, it shouldn't be about the game itself cause it would be WAY too long.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
If it was about the storyline we would have to have an uber class, and the pirate would have to be like every class, I reckon everyone would like it that way

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Furthermore, making a story about our hero pirate, even more than what class should the hero be, would have to decide -- should this movie hero be about a boy or a girl? Making either choice would disappoint some people. It's very nice to have a game where it doesn't matter if you are a boy or a girl, you are on the same playing field. No, a background story, as Misty and Scarlet have suggested, would be the best solution...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Would anyone like to see a KingsIsle documentary? It would educate players as to what goes into making an MMORPG & what job opportunities are available. More specifically the concept of story telling for both Wizard & Pirate and how these games became so popular - 50 million players can't be wrong!

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
welp it depends on what genre of movie your talking about
if it was action then it would start with like maybe a buceneer, then maybe the buceneer will hire some other pirates to help him and he would sail through the spiral making a whole army of friends who all help them destroying the evil

tell me what genre and ill think up one for you if you want.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
theprivateer12345 on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
welp it depends on what genre of movie your talking about
if it was action then it would start with like maybe a buceneer, then maybe the buceneer will hire some other pirates to help him and he would sail through the spiral making a whole army of friends who all help them destroying the evil

tell me what genre and ill think up one for you if you want.
I am actually planing on making a pirate101 webtoon but I will make a movie to it ( Trouble in Valencia )