Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Elevators

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
I noticed something about the elevators you use in some parts of the game. An example is when you click on the "x" key to get on the elevator to go to the black spot tavern. Why do you port? It is just a small thing. There are a couple elevators like that. I don't remember where but there are a couple of elevators that when you use them you don't port. You just go there. I just thought since you are going on an elevator why poof into smoke and port there. Jus saying if you get on an elevator you shouldn't poof into smoke that's all Its not a big deal...just something I have noticed after these years of playing. Just never said anything. I just want to be able to go up to the black spot tavern, in Flotsam, without porting.
But hey I know kingsisle you have bigger priorities
The game is great. Heck if I knew anything about making games and programming I would apply for a job

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I would like to actually use an elevator but there are problems and I'll use the elevator at Junction as an example

1. It would take a while just sitting their waiting for it to go up or down

2. It could take a while to code in and not everyone wants an elavator animation

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
nitewalker7180 on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
I noticed something about the elevators you use in some parts of the game. An example is when you click on the "x" key to get on the elevator to go to the black spot tavern. Why do you port? It is just a small thing. There are a couple elevators like that. I don't remember where but there are a couple of elevators that when you use them you don't port. You just go there. I just thought since you are going on an elevator why poof into smoke and port there. Jus saying if you get on an elevator you shouldn't poof into smoke that's all Its not a big deal...just something I have noticed after these years of playing. Just never said anything. I just want to be able to go up to the black spot tavern, in Flotsam, without porting.
But hey I know kingsisle you have bigger priorities
The game is great. Heck if I knew anything about making games and programming I would apply for a job
It's likely because of the nature of an MMO.

If there was an elevator somebody went up, then people would have to wait for the elevator to come back down to ground level, or vice versa, in order to navigate the area.

By making it a "teleport point", it avoids that dilemma all together.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
Well I guess I am bad at explaining!! LOL I didn't mean an actual elevator going up and down. When you approach an elevator in the the game and it tells you to click "x" to use elevator...you click and you show up to where the elevator goes right. That is how an elevator works....what I am saying is some of the elevators, when you click the "x" button, you poof away then reappear. Not a big deal....sorry for confusion. Just saying when using an elevator you shouldn't "poof" out then "poof" back in Just mentioning it....so forget I wrote this

Love the game!!